Ukraine

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Re: Ukraine

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am If you say so, Carpet Pisser. :D
*cough* Carpet_pissr *cough*
Also, Dude, have a little respect for character efficiency...adding that "e" is not free, ya know! Memory capacity is not infinite!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You're already over 8 characters. Anything below 16 is irrelevant at that point.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Apparent Ukrainian breakthrough on the NW part of the Kherson front, now confirmed by multiple sources on both sides:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is raw as hell...provenance is unclear...but if true this is an indicator about how desperate Putin is. This is the "army" that will stop progress of the integrated, modern well-fed and better armed UA.

subbed/translated below

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Damn. I wonder how typical that is.

Before I watched both videos with the captions I was skeptical (anybody could make this video for X reason) but yeah, seems very legit, not scripted, etc. just wow.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That feeling when you aren't even fit enough for cannon fodder.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/ ... t-for-duty
malchior

Post by malchior »

The original tweet is deleted...but uh what?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's a poll.

malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:06 pm It's a poll.

Yeah it appears he re-posted it as a poll. I just saw it. He seems to be upset people are voting no.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ah, rich people who think that they are smart about everything. Good times.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It ain't only rich people.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

malchior wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 am This is raw as hell...provenance is unclear...but if true this is an indicator about how desperate Putin is. This is the "army" that will stop progress of the integrated, modern well-fed and better armed UA.
I've seen several similar reports/videos since the mobilization started, so it's probably true in at least some cases. All this is being handled on a regional/local basis, so I'd guess this represents the worst-case scenarios but not necessarily how poorly managed it is across the board.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
malchior

Post by malchior »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:36 pm
malchior wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 am This is raw as hell...provenance is unclear...but if true this is an indicator about how desperate Putin is. This is the "army" that will stop progress of the integrated, modern well-fed and better armed UA.
I've seen several similar reports/videos since the mobilization started, so it's probably true in at least some cases. All this is being handled on a regional/local basis, so I'd guess this represents the worst-case scenarios but not necessarily how poorly managed it is across the board.
It could be an outlier. Though it was somewhat predicted. One thing I read when Putin signed the "secret" million man alternative mobilization is that several experts such as retired General Hertling talked about the lack of infrastructure to do it well. Apparently the Soviets spent lots of money to be ready to mobilize. That entailed buildings, supply depots, trained soldiers, etc. The Russians let all of that system fall into disrepair.

Anyway, long story short is this might be more typical than not. Or least in the sense that there is no good plan to get these men into fighting shape. Whenever they get into housing, it is expected they'll get minimal training, and then potentially shipped forward quickly. In comparison, the UA sent 10K men to the UK for military training. A huge difference in outcomes most likely will result. It's all pretty desperate but I doubt anyone expected men in fields cutting down random trees for campfires at all. In any case, this is probably good news for Ukraine and not so great for these poor bastards.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I mean, I do think water supply to Crimea should be assured. How do I vote yes to that and no to everything else?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No line-item veto on Twitter polls!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:30 pm It ain't only rich people.
Fair.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:05 pm The original tweet is deleted...but uh what?

TSLA missed on orders. He always does this type of shit to distract and/or game SEO. Remember the cocaine Coke thing right before the Amber Herd news broke?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Ah that makes sense. He is such a dirtbag.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

He's also just arrogant and feels a need to insert himself into all sorts of stories. The kids stuck in the cave some years back comes to mind.

How much of it is that vs. as a distraction? Hard to say.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The "Crimea formally part of Russia..." part keeps sticking in my brain, though. Like, Kiev was also formally part of Russia since 1667 until the formation of the Ukraine SSR after the Russian Revolution (aka Lenin's Mistake)...so why not give Russia Kiev as well?

Tool.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:19 pm The "Crimea formally part of Russia..." part keeps sticking in my brain, though. Like, Kiev was also formally part of Russia since 1667 until the formation of the Ukraine SSR after the Russian Revolution (aka Lenin's Mistake)...so why not give Russia Kiev as well?

Tool.
To be fair, it's a good precedent for returning Texas to Mexico.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Holman wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:31 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:19 pm The "Crimea formally part of Russia..." part keeps sticking in my brain, though. Like, Kiev was also formally part of Russia since 1667 until the formation of the Ukraine SSR after the Russian Revolution (aka Lenin's Mistake)...so why not give Russia Kiev as well?

Tool.
To be fair, it's a good precedent for returning Texas to Mexico.
Hmm that would certainly make my retirement to Mexico a lot less complicated. Let's do it!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Definitely give Texas to someone.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

For the last few years, I knew I'd go Tesla if it was up to be when one of our cars have up the ghost. Mrs tjg always pushes back because of Elon and I'm like yes but...

Done. I don't think next car can be a Tesla with him in charge. Would have been nice but enough already.

He needs help.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Hey good to see ya tjg. I like my Tesla just fine, Musk has little to none to do with production, but he does benefit from the stock.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:47 pm Hey good to see ya tjg. I like my Tesla just fine, Musk has little to none to do with production, but he does benefit from the stock.
I’m sure people wouldn’t really care if he toiled away on the production line. It’s the ‘he does benefit from’ part that people want to effect.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Unagi wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:25 am
Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:47 pm Hey good to see ya tjg. I like my Tesla just fine, Musk has little to none to do with production, but he does benefit from the stock.
I’m sure people wouldn’t really care if he toiled away on the production line. It’s the ‘he does benefit from’ part that people want to effect.
Agreed, but he is little more than a stock holder. It would be problematic to boycott every company where an A-hole billionaire is the majority stock holder.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:08 am
Agreed, but he is little more than a stock holder. It would be problematic to boycott every company where an A-hole billionaire is the majority stock holder.
Yeah, I know. Though Elon is pretty special.

I'm essentially in the same boat as tjg. I've longed for a Tesla from afar if the price and conditions were right, but now it's off the table because of Elon. Now, I doubt that Elon is going to weep over my lost maybe potential business a few years from now, but still.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I get it. I won't but Hunt ketchup either.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:15 am I get it. I won't but Hunt ketchup either.
I don’t think I even want to know what that means, but I don’t think that’s appropriate language, and has no place in this conversation.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:14 am
Yeah, I know. Though Elon is pretty special.

I'm essentially in the same boat as tjg. I've longed for a Tesla from afar if the price and conditions were right, but now it's off the table because of Elon. Now, I doubt that Elon is going to weep over my lost maybe potential business a few years from now, but still.
By the time I'll be in the market for a new car, I expect all the big OEMs to have electrics out on the market, so I'll ideally have my choice of whatever I want.
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:30 pm
Jaymann wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:15 am I get it. I won't but Hunt ketchup either.
I don’t think I even want to know what that means, but I don’t think that’s appropriate language, and has no place in this conversation.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but pretty sure that's a typo and should say "buy Hunt ketchup".

What the deal with Hunt ketchup is...no idea.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:37 pm
Not sure if you're joking or not, but pretty sure that's a typo and should say "buy Hunt ketchup".

Yes. I was joking. And understood the typo.

I was pretending he said “I don’t butt-hunt ketchup”.

Which I don’t know what that means but it sounds like TMI.
:lol: :(
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Musk/TSLA is a bit different than some anonymous hedge fund billionaire holding a bunch of shares. He's the public face and voice of the company. He is synonymous with the brand.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:42 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:37 pm

Yes. I was joking. And understood the typo.

I was pretending he said “I don’t butt-hunt ketchup”.

Which I don’t know what that means but it sounds like TMI.
:lol: :(
I mean...you should butt hunt ketchup, ya prude.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Typos like "butt hunt" (even if I had to add a t) are one of the only reasons I even use the internet.
Covfefe!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:14 am I'm essentially in the same boat as tjg. I've longed for a Tesla from afar if the price and conditions were right, but now it's off the table because of Elon. Now, I doubt that Elon is going to weep over my lost maybe potential business a few years from now, but still.
FWIW I'm in the same boat. I love my current plug-in hybrid (Honda Clarity) and its replacement will be a fully electric vehicle. It will not be a Tesla.