Political Randomness

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: Political Randomness

Post by Unagi »

Tulsi Gabbard wrote: I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness
Pretty slick how the Democrats can be driven by cowardly wokeness, but actually be composed of war mongers.

Cause that makes a whole lot of sense.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Gabbard served in a field medical unit of the Hawaii Army National Guard while deployed to Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was stationed in Kuwait from 2008 to 2009 as an Army Military Police platoon leader.
Not ACAB, but this is not an exception.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Does anyone really give a shit what Tulsi Gabbard does? I thought whatever tenuous claim she had to relevance had long since lapsed.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
malchior

Post by malchior »

Kurth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:29 pm Does anyone really give a shit what Tulsi Gabbard does? I thought whatever tenuous claim she had to relevance had long since lapsed.
Apparently people do. I don't know why. She is just another shit-take dealing grifter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:31 pm
Kurth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:29 pm Does anyone really give a shit what Tulsi Gabbard does? I thought whatever tenuous claim she had to relevance had long since lapsed.
Apparently people do. I don't know why. She is just another shit-take dealing grifter.
She's such a marginal figure at this point that this (nor anything else that she does) really matters. She's mainly a source of amusement for me at this point (and as I said I really enjoyed the snarky Rolling Stone headline).
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

1. Seriously.

2. Maybe it’s that same white outfit she wears literally every time I’ve seen her on billboards, commercials, pics etc. It’s mesmerizing.

3. This is so shocking. 🙄 Would not be surprised at all if it turns out she’s a Putin puppet (and I’m not joking).
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Everyone loves a Face-Heel turn.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 am JFC
“I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism, actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms, are hostile to people of faith & spirituality, demonize the police & protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, believe in open borders, weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents, and above all, dragging us ever closer to nuclear war,”
..."she said in a video address that filled up a bingo card’s worth of right-wing talking points." Nailed it. :lol:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I’m telling you, she’s got to be a plant. Something always seemed off with her (but not that hypnotic white jumpsuit)
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Edit: So does this mean she supports a regime change in the Ukraine?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Isn't this what Political Randomness is for?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Good point. If she ever becomes prominent/important enough to get her own thread, I’m leaving.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I wonder if she's auditioning to be Trump's 2024 running mate.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

She's probably decided to pad her retirement account. It's grifting time in the golden age of fraud.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

She could be reading the tea-leaves. Sarah Palin's big comeback kinda flopped (and she's still flailing in Alaska). Greene and Boebert are getting nuttier and potentially also losing steam in the spotlight. So Gabbard can now seize the spotlight and maximize her marketability by tapping into the current angst and trying to present herself a more "reasonable" voice for GOP entertainment - which as Lawbeef notes, pads her retirement funding.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

With a single tweet, she's now the poster child for "people walking away from the Democrat party."

That's a sweet position to be in, grifter-wise. She'll be a regular on right-wing media and conference circuit for the foreseeable future.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:14 pm I’m telling you, she’s got to be a plant. Something always seemed off with her (but not that hypnotic white jumpsuit)
I've long thought she was a Russian 'diversified investment'... and I'm guessing Russia has cut its losses and moved this asset to where it will do the most good for them.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I assume it's the R's, but I haven't seen mention of which party she's headed to.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:52 pm I assume it's the R's, but I haven't seen mention of which party she's headed to.
She's been showing up on Fox, and she has a big interview with Tucker Carlson tonight.

I think we know.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:52 pm I assume it's the R's, but I haven't seen mention of which party she's headed to.
She's been showing up on Fox, and she has a big interview with Tucker Carlson tonight.

I think we know.
United Russia Party?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think we know.
Well, my guess is that she's going to be an "independent". Her schtick lately has been disaffected Democrat tut tutting and how extreme left the party has been, and she'd lose that if she officially became a Republican.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think we know.
She has been a contributor on Fox for well over a year and has already guest hosted Carlson’s show earlier this year.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:32 pm

I think we know.
United Russia Party?
ding!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I made my ‘Russian asset/Kompromat’ comments without having any idea that had already been peddled before, I swear. Jesus. Apparently it’s been loud enough for it to fall on her cultist ears!

‘“I’m sure you’ve all heard them before,” Gabbard said. “Russian asset. White supremacist. Bigot. Racist. Extremist. Traitor.”

‘To understand her ambitions, her aunt Dr Caroline Sinavaiana Gabbard tells The Independent in an interview that it is necessary to look to her upbringing in a secretive cult called the Science of Identity Foundation (SIF) whose members show absolute loyalty to a reclusive guru, Chris Butler.

A former member toldThe Independent the group’s teachings are virulently homophobic, often anti-Islamic and misogynist, and how they were forced to worship Butler, who is considered to be akin to a God.

Sinavaiana Gabbard says her niece’s career is all about the pursuit of power, and her bid for the presidency in 2020 was the culmination of four decades of Butler’s efforts to seek political influence’

Her pro-Kremlin talking points led to Russian state-TV introducing her as “Tulsi, our friend.”

After airing part of her Fox interview, a panelist asked: “Is she some kind of Russian agent?”

Forbes revealed earlier this year that Gabbard’s biggest political donor in 2021 is a pro-Putin apologist.’
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:31 pm
She’s got great hair.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:40 pm Well, my guess is that she's going to be an "independent". Her schtick lately has been disaffected Democrat tut tutting and how extreme left the party has been, and she'd lose that if she officially became a Republican.
I don't imagine it will really matter what she calls herself.

It seems like we are working ourselves into two corners: either a person is standing up for Russia right now or they are standing up for Democracy right now.
We should just start labeling politicians with little (R) or (D) denotations after their name.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:dance:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm pretty sure Connecticut caps awards at less than $1 million.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Well deserved and a hell of a statement.

Don't expect he will ever come close to paying that though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Connecticut law caps punitive damages, which will be awarded separately, at attorneys’ fees and costs.
As for the Connecticut case, there may be relief for the plaintiffs suing Alex Jones for defamation because they’ve alleged in their lawsuit that Jones’ conduct violated Connecticut’s Unfair Trade Practices Act.

According to University of Connecticut law professor Sachin S. Pandya, damages claims under the Unfair Trade Practices Act “are not limited to the expenses of bringing the legal action.”
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Tonight was the first (and only?) debate between Mass. gubernatorial candidates Maura Healey, who's going to win by 25-30 points, and Geoff Diehl, who spells Jeff wrong. Jeff pretended he isn't MAGA while Maura kept beating the trump-trump-trump drum, and I would like that hour of my life back, please.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Effing moron

Meanwhile, Trump is suing CNN for "just words". But you won't hear his devoted cult member mention a word of that.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I mean all Putin is doing is speaking words. He's not out there invading Ukraine and launching missiles and attacking schools and hospitals.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

<sigh> The government did nothing to silence his first amendment rights. Words have consequences. Although it's debatable if the sounds emerging from MTG's mouth count as coherent words.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

He chose not to participate in the process - that is why all of these cases went against him. From what I've read, much of what he said was likely covered by the First Amendment but he refused to participate in court (mostly through discovery) and default judgements were entered against him. So he's not really being punished for his speech directly.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Speech about other private individuals isn’t protected by the First Amendment. It is protected if it’s news, it’s true, or you’re not negligent in being wrong.

Alex Jones never retracted his false and inflammatory statements, failed to defend himself, acted terribly, then tried to cover up and stonewall discovery in a lawsuit. Then his lawyers released the damning information, as he tried to commit fraud by declaring bankruptcy and hiding assets. All while commenting about the lawsuit on air, because it made him big money.

It’s a terrible fact pattern to defend because it’s indefensible behavior in the worst way. Which is why juries want to punish him financially.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In other news, fellow moron Herschel “Babymaker” Walker has recently taken to claiming his grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, making him American Indian.

Oh Herschel, you sweet dumb moron. Cherokee is the go to tribe for people with zero American Indian heritage who want to pretend they’re American Indian. You should have gone with Navajo or something.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Herschelhontis!