The Biden Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

The Biden Investigation(s) Thread

Post by Holman »

We might as well start this one now that the GOP has the House.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Re: The Biden Investigation(s) Thread

Post by Jaymann »

But, his laptop!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Is it acceptable to investigate a sitting president?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:13 pm Is it acceptable to investigate a sitting president?
I'm sure the GQP will be pushing for it over the next 12+ months.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Here's my list of what's ahead:
  • Hunter Biden. This will be the star attraction. They need to dirty him up on Ukraine not only to dirty up Biden but eat away at Biden's main foreign policy accomplishment - Ukraine.
  • Afghanistan - this could be the subject of a legitimate inquiry but it'll instantly go off the rails
  • Border crisis - why did Biden stop building the wall that wasn't actually being built!?
  • COVID lab leak and demonizing Fauci
  • Antifa and the conspiracy against the police
  • Civil liberty violations of peaceful capitol rioters!
  • Rando QAnon signalling efforts - they will look potentially random but also be mixed into all the other investigations
But the main point of these is not to investigate but to chip away at the notion that anything is true. They want it to be a circus. They want us to lose faith in good governance. It's all part of their attack on our system.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm Here's my list of what's ahead:
  • Hunter Biden. This will be the star attraction. They need to dirty him up on Ukraine not only to dirty up Biden but eat away at Biden's main foreign policy accomplishment - Ukraine.
  • Afghanistan - this could be the subject of a legitimate inquiry but it'll instantly go off the rails
  • Border crisis - why did Biden stop building the wall that wasn't actually being built!?
  • Rando QAnon signalling efforts - they will look potentially random but also be mixed into all the other investigations
But the main point of these is not to investigate but to chip away at the notion that anything is true. They want it to be a circus. They want us to lose faith in good governance. It's all part of their attack on our system.
To what end? While my INITIAL reaction to that last part was to nod my head in agreement....let's try more objectivity. So they REALLY want COMPLETE chaos (that they themselves will not be able to control?)?. I think that close, but maybe overstating it. Or it's parallel maybe, to their ultimate goal (which sounds a lot like conspiracy). This is me partly calming myself down FWIW, before my head goes places it shouldn't.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:18 pm To what end? While my INITIAL reaction to that last part was to nod my head in agreement....let's try more objectivity. So they REALLY want COMPLETE chaos (that they themselves will not be able to control?)?. I think that close, but maybe overstating it. Or it's parallel maybe, to their ultimate goal (which sounds a lot like conspiracy). This is me partly calming myself down FWIW, before my head goes places it shouldn't.
The Right has spent 40+ years pushing the line that government is the problem. To them it's an obstacle, never a solution. Regulations are a hindrance, not a help.

If they can now show us that government can't even manage its own functions (making laws, doing policy, running elections), they get closer to the idea that government should be minimized, bypassed, and dominated by the rich corporate sector of society that at least knows how to make things happen.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:37 pm dominated by the rich corporate sector of society .
They already do.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Pizzagate is definitely on the menu as is the bordered Clinton staffer. Those on the far left better hide the portals to hell hidden in their basements!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:18 pm
To what end? While my INITIAL reaction to that last part was to nod my head in agreement....let's try more objectivity. So they REALLY want COMPLETE chaos (that they themselves will not be able to control?)?. I think that close, but maybe overstating it. Or it's parallel maybe, to their ultimate goal (which sounds a lot like conspiracy). This is me partly calming myself down FWIW, before my head goes places it shouldn't.
When there is alleged misconduct or criminality, most people don't read in depth about the merits of the allegations. Rather, they mostly rely upon signaling from the media / political leaders / etc. If they can spread the notion that all politicians are criminal and that investigations of political leaders are all partisan and political in nature, then they can blunt the impact of future investigations of their criminal misconduct.
Black Lives Matter.