The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Post by YellowKing »

I bought this game for Xbox One, then re-bought it for PC, and now there's a very good chance I'll be rebuying it for PS5. :grund:
Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ+ Ally
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I got it for free when I bought a GTX 970. These days it's almost hard to imagine they would give you brand new triple-A games just for buying a sensibly-priced GPU, so I guess those extras aren't coming back any time soon. The RTX 3070 came with bupkis and cost three times as much.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:48 am Oh, that's somewhat disappointing if it's only gear-related. I thought it'd be something like a unique questline that directly relates events from the show.
It's about what I expected. I'd rather they move ahead on new games than be putting too many resources into adding content for a game that was released 7 years ago and already has more content than most players will ever complete.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:48 am Oh, that's somewhat disappointing if it's only gear-related. I thought it'd be something like a unique questline that directly relates events from the show.
Unless something has changed, both the game and the show have a license to use book content, but neither has a license to use the other's content. "Inspired by the portrayal" is about as close as they can get (just like the show was pretty clearly inspired by the game.)

Besides, they're each using the characters in different ways. I doubt either one wants to cross the canon.

Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Ahh, good points. I hadn't considered that they couldn't.
PC:
Intel DH55PJ
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Chraolic wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:57 am I got it for free when I bought a GTX 970. These days it's almost hard to imagine they would give you brand new triple-A games just for buying a sensibly-priced GPU, so I guess those extras aren't coming back any time soon. The RTX 3070 came with bupkis and cost three times as much.
AMD is doing a promo until the end of the month where you get The Callisto Protocol and Dead Island 2 with a Radeon purchase

nGreedia of course is doing nothing at all.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:05 pm Besides, they're each using the characters in different ways. I doubt either one wants to cross the canon.
I did just see this:
CD Projekt Red has been, as you can imagine, very careful about spoiling the new quest coming to The Witcher 3 with this update. This quest, which is tied to the Netflix show, is brand-new and tantalising to think about. But whatever it is, we’ll be able to take it on with new equipment, as well as an alternate costume for Dandelion. Nice!
I'm so far off the map the sun is shining
Holman

Post by Holman »

Definitely going to use the new Dandelion.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Would be nice to see this version's Dandelion play Toss a Coin to the Witcher.
PC:
Intel DH55PJ
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti