Two Point Campus

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Two Point Campus

Post by Isgrimnur »

Launching and coming to XBox Game Pass on 9th August 2022
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Re: Two Point Campus

Post by jztemple2 »

I liked Two Point Hospital but burned out after forty hours because for each mission you basically had to build a new hospital from scratch. However, I enjoyed the overall design and concept so I'm looking forward to Two Point Campus.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Some news on Two Point Campus, which comes out August 9th. From the article Creativity Tools Breakdown
Are you just as excited as we are for you to start creating your very own, incredible Campuses? Sure we've got a few weeks until the launch, but that doesn't mean you can't start planning your builds right!?

In the early stages of developing Two Point Campus, we knew we wanted to give players more control over how their Campus looks and feels. One of the things many of you found a bit restrictive in Two Point Hospital was the pre-defined buildings, the majority of people's hospitals looked quite similar and that's something we wanted to address in Campus.

We've put a lot of work into making sure Campus gives you the ability to be creative, think outside the box and ultimately, build a Campus that is completely unique to you. In order to do that, we've added a whole bunch of brand new creative tools so you can make the Campus of your dreams!

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Do you have to re-build the same damn campus from scratch repeatedly throughout the game?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:40 pm Do you have to re-build the same damn campus from scratch repeatedly throughout the game?
Apparently yes, it will be like Two Point Hospital in that respect, although it won't have to be the "same damn campus" :mrgreen: each time. You'll have different requirements to meet and you can make them look as different as you wish.

However, for someone like myself who doesn't have an ounce of creativity, all those fancy tools are rather a waste. Two Point Campus has moved from a day one buy to a wait and see for me.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Two Point Hospital was a must have for me, dreaming of an updated Theme Hospital. I think Two Point Campus will be a pass.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:03 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:40 pm Do you have to re-build the same damn campus from scratch repeatedly throughout the game?
Apparently yes, it will be like Two Point Hospital in that respect, although it won't have to be the "same damn campus" :mrgreen: each time. You'll have different requirements to meet and you can make them look as different as you wish.

However, for someone like myself who doesn't have an ounce of creativity, all those fancy tools are rather a waste. Two Point Campus has moved from a day one buy to a wait and see for me.
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 pm coming to XBox Game Pass
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:22 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 pm coming to XBox Game Pass
Which means I may actually end up trying it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

I can't wait. This will probably replace my addiction to Planet zoo. Sorry animals, you'll have to rely on being fed by someone else.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

naednek wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:54 pm I can't wait. This will probably replace my addiction to Planet zoo. Sorry animals, you'll have to rely on being fed by someone else.
You'll likely still have to feed some bipedal animals.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Two Point Campus

Post by Zarathud »

Ani-mal! Ani-mal! Ani-mal!

To-ga! To-ga! To-ga!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This game released today but I'm still not sure about whether I'll get it. Anyone have first impressions?
naednek

Post by naednek »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:55 pm This game released today but I'm still not sure about whether I'll get it. Anyone have first impressions?
I downloaded it from the pc version xbox game pass. Waiting for lunch to dive in
stessier

Post by stessier »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:55 pm This game released today but I'm still not sure about whether I'll get it. Anyone have first impressions?
I watched the SpiffingBrit to see how to break it. It was amusing. Don't know what it would be like to play normally though. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Saw this today from PCGamesN, The ultimate Two Point Campus guide for beginners. It's worth a read just to get a feel on how the game plays.
Looking for a Two Point Campus guide to help you start schooling those kids? It’s not an easy task taking charge of an academic institution, certainly not one that offers such a wide range of subjects – mastering the combat skills of a medieval knight or recalling secret knowledge to become a quiz team ace are no mean feats. It’s not just the students that have a lot to learn though, as you’re embarking on an exciting journey: how to make money and keep people happy while running a university.

To help you get to grips with the basics, we have prepared some tips and tricks in this Two Point Campus guide that cover many key areas of the simulation game. This includes which mandatory rooms you need to build in every level, why every Campus Building should have a bathroom, and why your students don’t particularly care about their sleeping arrangements. You can get a more in-depth look at how to maximise your Two Point Campus grades or buff the overall Two Point Campus happiness rating in their respective dedicated guides, but for now, here are some general Two Point Campus tips to help you become the ultimate school principal.
naednek

Post by naednek »

it's basically two point hospital reskinned. Yes the interface is a little more complex, but the game feels the same.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

naednek wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:09 pm it's basically two point hospital reskinned. Yes the interface is a little more complex, but the game feels the same.
Yeah, I was concerned about that. Also I've seen some things mentioned in reviews that aren't optimum. I read a review on PCGamesN which included this:
Sadly though, every level in Two Point Campus starts out in the exact same way. Before I can welcome the students for their first year, I need to build dormitories for them to stay in, showers to wash in, and bathrooms to… well, you know. After that, I have to build lecture theatres, libraries, private tuition rooms, medical and pastoral treatment facilities, and break areas for staff and students. They all need building before I can even think about creating the unique learning spaces my legion of lecturers use for practical lessons. It’s frustratingly repetitive as the game asks you to build these rooms and shove a load of stuff in them to tick off a few arbitrary boxes rather than incentivise you to personalise each one. The few times the game gives me prebuilt rooms, I find myself having to sell them off to rebuild them because they don’t make efficient use of the limited space.
I'm just not excited about the game, which is probably a good reason to wait. Also I use a filter on the Steam reviews that require 20 hours of play time so it might be at least a couple of days before I see some posts there.
naednek

Post by naednek »

played some more last night. Glad I didn't pre-order. I'm playing on Xbox game pass for PC. I read previews from the developers stating they wanted more customizations for inside and outside the buildings. They wanted players to have more freedoms. So far I'm not seeing much of that. Yes, I can place benches and fountains outside. But it's basically a cookie cutter copy of Two Point Hospital. I mean that's not entirely bad as the game is fun and good, but unfortunately, it's too familiar and similar.

I'll play some more, but I don't think it's going to take up my time.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

If it's just another version of Two Point Hospital I think I'll give it a pass for now. Wait for a good sale.
I watched a couple of youtube videos too.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I played last night for a few hours. Full disclosure - I work on a campus, have been involved with Universities for about 20 years, have been a college prof and now work in college admin. So it is safe to say the theme is a LOT more attractive to me than Two Points Hospital (I hate hospitals).

It is fair to say that the game is reskin of TPH. I played enough TPH to see that. The same flow of "build a room, add stuff to it, hire people, let it do its job." There are some distinct differences that seem to make the game more interesting, but you have to remember that this is sort of in the background (since the gameplay loop is still build stuff, add stuff).

The first major difference is that your students are static, at least for several years. Unlike TPH, where you cure them and you hope they go home eventually, you want your people to stick around until graduation. That means longer term (pun intended) happiness, ramping up the courses, adding more stuff, balancing your tuition. They also added in some relationship management with the students - you can add things that encourage them to make friends, fall in love, and interact with one another. I'm not far enough in to see how that matters, but it is there. So people management is a little more present, which seems nice.

The second major difference is "sprawl." TPH had this, but for TPC you need to actually build a campus - which means you get walkways, pretty areas, outdoor amenities, etc. Again, I am too early to see all of the things they can do (like clubs and teams) but it is different than the hospital and will likely make the game feel different.

Overall, from my quick impressions, it grabs me more than TPH. I kept bouncing off TPH because I just don't love the theme. I don't KNOW what a good hospital should look like. I DO know what a campus looks like, I've been on enough of them to know. I would like a bit more flexibility on some things, but overall, I am having fun. I think my dream would be a campus sim that gives you the full creative suite of Planet Zoo.
Last edited by baelthazar on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Thanks for posting this game. Looks like something I would really enjoy.

I'm thinking the better option is to buy Two Point Hospital first since it is more seasoned and finished. What DLC's are good to get? I don't mind getting them all if they add to the core game. Or should I just make the plunge on Campus? Recommendations?
naednek

Post by naednek »

Anyone know what the black suitcases are for?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

naednek wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:54 pm Anyone know what the black suitcases are for?
Multi-dimensional/time travel.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:28 am
naednek wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:54 pm Anyone know what the black suitcases are for?
Multi-dimensional/time travel.
Well played. Took me a moment. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

I went ahead and bought Campus instead of Hospital. Might as well enjoy the new game as it is being shaped. If it hooks me then I'll buy the inevitable definite game of the year Hospital edition.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm still playing. It definetly opened up but it's still a reskin.

Still trying to figure out the black suitcase, and now the reference that was made.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

naednek wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:10 pm I'm still playing. It definetly opened up but it's still a reskin.

Still trying to figure out the black suitcase, and now the reference that was made.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Two Point Campus: Space Academy | Brand New DLC! Releases December 6th, 2022.
Our excitement levels are out of this world as we announce the first DLC beaming into Two Point Campus, Space Academy! With a galaxy of exciting new features including celestial campus locations, far-out courses, and a host of stellar student archetypes for you to mould into the intergalactic pioneers of tomorrow.

I've passed on the game so far, but I might be persuaded to get the base game since it's on sale at 20% off till December 12th. The DLC is on sale for 10% off till it releases on December 6th.