Warhammer Inquisitor

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Warhammer Inquisitor

Post by GreenGoo »

Is that neocore account linkage in the lower right hand corner of the character select screen always been there? What's a neocore account? Why does it need to be linked? What are they offering me in return for creating and linking an account?

It says "in order to play Inequisitor - Martyr you must blah blah blah" but I'm already playing the game, so...?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

game with the 1.2 patch...as did in-game mail. If you are looking for an item I have a whole lot of purples in my vault
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

wait until you get a needler sniper rifle........I love that thing. It is has an AOE shot that will take out 8 normals at once.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jaddison wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 pm game with the 1.2 patch...as did in-game mail. If you are looking for an item I have a whole lot of purples in my vault
Yeah, I saw the mail, which in turn made me realize you had sent me an in-game friend request? Was that before or after the mail patch?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Before
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jaddison wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pmBefore
Figured. Sorry about that. I wasn't ignoring it I just didn't see it until today.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

no problem.

I have an assassin that is pure melee with the power sword. I also use the sword that makes distance attacks from time to time. I used fusion to way over power these swords.

I have a crusader that is melee who I just began having him take a mulit-melta as backup which has been fun but his primary is to wade in or jump in using assault armor. He is maxed on the HP and defense lines so he can take a beating and his two handed sword or axe packs a punch as does the whirling attack that takes everything close in.

Psyker I have yet to find a comfortable build but I think pyro two handed staff may be my sweet spot.

Working on an assassin that is both sword and sniper.....never got comfortable with any dual blade powers/builds
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

2 warp rods give you witchfire, which is a strong AoE with no warp heat. Since it's a weapon skill, it's actually -5 warp heat.

Warp rods are also hitscan. If you don't know what that means, the important part in this game is that cover doesn't protect against it.

That's what I'm using on my AoE psyker. Firestorm/witchfire/biolightning/molten beam
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I just recently started a heavy flamer crusader, and at the first priority mission I noticed there is a second priority mission that is "not available". When I select it anyway, it says "Needed DLC: Mind Plague DLC" in red font.

There is no DLC for the game as far as I know. Are they planning on released one soon?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I have no idea but it needs some different maps ......though I am so involved in tactics I don't really notice right now.

The pyrokinetic staff also has an attack that disregards cover or really anything
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I'm still working on my heavy burner crusader. Burning things is sorta fun, but it's slow going with lots and lots of kiting. It's not as bad as my deflect crusader, who doesn't have enough deflect yet and doesn't do enough damage with a 1handed weapon to warrant using a shield yet. He's kind of frustrating and easily my weakest character by a significant margin.

The generic AoE psyker is probably my strongest. Crushes huge groups of baddies from range and molten beam handles any bosses pretty easily.

I have 1 character slot and I kinda want to try a more traditional heavy gunner with a heavy bolter or something. There just isn't enough builds with enough discussion to be confident about the builds.

So I'm burning things. Currently I'm using a lvl 7 relic 2 handed sword on my lvl 12 Heavy Gunner for bosses. I just haven't found a way to handle bosses with the flamer yet. DoTs aren't strong enough and I don't have the skill that stops healing while the dot is active, so most bosses just heal right through any flame skills. It appears that despite several skills having DoTs, they don't stack (because they're the same damage. I'm pretty sure different damage DoTs stack. Bleed/Burn/Poison). That sort of sucks because you are always overriding the current DoT with weaker ones as you rotate through your skills.

Burning things is fun, and it drops suppression defense very quickly, so you can always switch weapons after suppression is gone and start shoving the enemy around. Stun locks are easy at that point.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Heavy Flamer dude is also the only dude that failed to finish the "protect the Adeptus Mechanicus" mission after the challenge mode was turned down from +100 to +0 (most others were only turned down to +50). 3 times now. 2 of them were caused by the same Rhino demon type. His charge is a 1 hit kill on me and the Mechanicus, so if you don't get out of the way in time or try to stand between it and the mechanicus, it's over.

Still, this is NOT a strong leveling build.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

the needler sniper rifle and mulit-melta are pretty fun but you need higher levels to unlock them.

My two handed crusader is just a slow moving killing machine....the assassin a jumping charging can of fast moving whup ass.......my psyker is a mixed bag of high damage fragility.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Version 2.0 of Martyr is out.

They have made most weapons viable, simplified crafting and tarot areas and overall made it what it should have been at launch.

Will post more as I find out more but for now I am enthralled with the heavy flamer
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'm interested in this for sure. Is it any less impenetrable with the 2.0 patch?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I played quite a lot this weekend even starting a new character from scratch.....why they limit characters is still a mystery to me or limit to such a small number.

Anyway, yes 2.0 is much much more friendly and also varied. Crafting is simpler. Tarot system is way easier and you now apply these modifiers to non-campaign missions to increase loot (specific to card) but also make them harder.

You can also now skip the tutorial missions and be lever 5 with gear now.

With the DLC and other systems fleshed out this is what the launch should have been. Even though I played a lot of 1.0, 2.0 still had me enjoying the experience all over again.

A little bit more for those who tried 1.0- experience is now gained per kill instead of per mission. This means there is a benefit to roaming about and also you can level in the middle of a mission. You can access your inventory and switch out gear in mission. In 1.0 I tried a tactical character and it was way underpowered. Bolt pistol and sword/axe/hammer sucked now it is my favorite. As the Rock, Paper Hammer guy said about 2.0 it is fun and added what the expected ARPG mechanics are so that the frustration is gone with awkward stuff.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

An expansion is coming out in a couple weeks which can be either standalone or merge into existing game.

Brings a new class- which I think has pets. Some new modes of play.

I have been playing the heck out of 2.0 because now any weapon is viable and fun to try and figure out how to survive. Crafting is very different and should allow for a lot variations on armor and weapons.

Mechanicus is coming out with an expansion as well and it appears that Warhammer is getting an online game in EA soon- Warhammer Underwolds online
Tao

Post by Tao »

During the Steam sale I was debating between Inquisitor and Shadows Awakening as they were both on sale for about the same price. Really wishing I had chosen Inquisitor. :grund: Hopefully it goes on sale again in the not to distant future.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

They have really made a captivating game with 2.0

Combat is faster, a lot faster though still will tactical options of cover, hit and run.

There are a lot interesting options at 50 and above including Void crusades which are launched by gaining void shards from missions. 5 void shards and you launch a multi-branch campaign that has clues, keys and a theme.

There are also special one off mission tokens you can find that send you on a special very hard mission.

There are linked mission battle zones post 50 that at the end grant you the rarest of rare gear type- only one

You also enhance tarot cards by leveling them from drops during missions. The higher the tarot card the greater the reward when you invoke the card prior to a mission......and Tarots can make missions very very hard. Each one has restrictions or enhances enemy HP or grants them tougher armor etc.....but rewards are greater. Tarots can be invoked at the start of any non-campaign mission...and then have made it easier to find non-campaign missions. No longer do you have to use star map to go to systems and find missions (which was quite the click fest). There is a sortable table of available missions by level, system and enemy.

The new stand-alone with the new class is soon here,. It also does merge with base game if you have it.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

And now with Prophecy!

I have one of the new class at 40. This is the pet class and it does play much differently. It also continues the story from Martyr of the Alpha Pariah.
Coupled with 2.0 this is a pretty good game I feel. Lots to do. Weapons, perks and skill paths drive tactics and now that things are a bit faster paced I am always thinking about how best to respond to what is in front of me.

There are are so many mission types and linked or special missions it is a bit overwhelming. Now there is even 3 holy ordos factions to level which bring extra things in store or other perks but you can only do 3 of these missions a week so it is going to be a bit of a slog.
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

Sawyer wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 pm I'm posting this for one reason and one reason only, to work towards improving my post rate to once a year. I love this message board, but I am a lurker.

This will probably come as a shock, but I have not played coop.
Same here, friend :coffee:
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Hi guys! :)
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

JeffB wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:10 am
Sawyer wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 pm I'm posting this for one reason and one reason only, to work towards improving my post rate to once a year. I love this message board, but I am a lurker.

This will probably come as a shock, but I have not played coop.
Same here, friend :coffee:
Lurkers Unite!
Tao

Post by Tao »

Just an FYI, Steam sale, you get EVERYTHING, like 19 DLC's AND the expansion Prophecy for $24.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

If anyone is still playing the new season started this week- The season of warp which has warp anomalies pop up from time to time good and bad.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Another new season and major changes to the Tech Adept and all their skill trees. sort of feels like a new game....again....for the third time.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Saw the update on Steam, planning to jump back in this weekend. Normally I gravitate toward pet classes but the Tech Adept just isn't as much fun for me as the Psyker and Crusader, hoping the changes are interesting.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

They really updated tech adept. Onl;y got a few missions in......interestingly I gained 5 levels on 1 of the first 3 missions that were story missions
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Little more time with new season and the updates. They definitely have improved things. New animations for psyker weapons and the wyverdane staff is actually useful now with some cool animations. They have also changed the passive skill trees so that you have to accomplish certain things to unlock different paths and this varies by character type. Alos loot and credits drop for destroying boxes and other environmental clutter.

I still remember how slowly I leveled at launch and now it is a pretty steady progression.....so if you were thinking of trying it out this is certainly a good time.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

New class came out this week. Sororitas.

They may be a bit overpowered as I can do any mission at -5 difficulty. I am using a flame weapon special to the class that nt only melts but knocks down targets.

Lots of fum even though it is the same old campaign.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Is this game AMAZING if you like the aesthetic but don't really know a ton about WH40K and have never found an action RPG you really like beyond Diablo 2 and 3?

And you want to buy Prophecy at the same time as Martyr, because they use the same client even though the former is a standalone expansion?

Is itemization fun now?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

looks like you can get everything for 15.99...maybe not the new class though.

Not sure what you mean by itemization but crafting is viable at all levels especially after you get your Ordos favor up which only becomes available mid-way through Prophecy story.

The new class has so many different ways to play with numerous different weapons that play differently, banners and of course transforming into a battle angel which has different powers you can loadout. I just finished the first campaign and was able to finish the final boss mission at -5 difficulty even though had now psalm code doctrines and nothing socketed at all. My sororita is a badass

I wish they came out with some new content but I am thoroughly enjoying this play through.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

A review from release said itemization was backwards because item level seemed to be "random" causing you to equip less powerful items just to qualify for missions. But I take it that mechanic is long gone?

Yeah, I'm trying to decide whether to pick it up. I don't need any more games, buuuuut.... :lol:

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I don't think there is anything like that now. They also added a loot filter and after about level 15 I stop picking up blue items and at about 30 I bulk sell greens.
There are no missions that require certain gear though for some classes against certain types of villains you may need to switch weapon types but you can equip anything in your backpack which now has a a lot space.

For the price it has a lot of content though I may be a bit biased with over 1500 hours in Martyr/Prophecy.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Is there any point in destroying scenery and picking up the cash that drops early on? (Or ever?) Or is it pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things? I don't want to obsessively hunt around each room trying to tell what's destroyable if I don't have to.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

It's a waste of time - you get bucket loads of loot that you can sell after the mission. Compared to that, the credits you get from destroyed scenery don't even register.
Black Lives Matter
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Sudy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:54 am Is there any point in destroying scenery and picking up the cash that drops early on? (Or ever?) Or is it pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things? I don't want to obsessively hunt around each room trying to tell what's destroyable if I don't have to.
The key to the game or season is getting to where you have enough code psalms to add psalm code doctrines which let you easily play missions at +8,8 or even eye of terror and then you get a lot more credits, better loot. I didn't learn about psalm code doctrines for quite a while and they changed everything