Games Played 2022! Stake your claim!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

croman

Re: Games Played 2022! Stake your claim!

Post by croman »

WoW, these threads are still going. I started this 18 years ago. Nice to see you still doing it
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

croman wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:40 pm WoW, these threads are still going. I started this 18 years ago. Nice to see you still doing it
19 years ago by my count! Also, nice to see you.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Beat it for the first time this evening. There are perks to beat it with other riders, and more upgrades to chase in the roguelike racer/beat-'em' up.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Finished both Monster Train and Death's Door.

Monster Train was fine, but I much prefer Slay the Spire. I unlocked all the base game factions, but have no desire to continue the grind beyond that.

Death's Door has the rare distinction of being one of the handful of games I've ever completed 100%.
This is partly because it's not that big of a game (only 20 hours), and I only had 2 things left to do after beating the final boss.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I picked up both Europa Universalis IV and Cyberpunk 2077 on sale today. Which should I play first?
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Finished Hard West II.
This one has some serious flaws in gameplay, but I powered through despite my frustrations. Setting up combo kills to keep my character's moving was fun, but the game never really opens up enough to let you really play with all the toys.
Also, despite doing every side quest, I never found the 2 Joker cards. The internet tells me I didn't pick the correct choice during two of the Bounties.

Overall, I give it 5/8.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

El Guapo wrote:I picked up both Europa Universalis IV and Cyberpunk 2077 on sale today. Which should I play first?
Cyberpunk. It has an end, and Keanu.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:14 pm
El Guapo wrote:I picked up both Europa Universalis IV and Cyberpunk 2077 on sale today. Which should I play first?
Cyberpunk. It has an end, and Keanu.
Yeah, this is what I've gone with.

Though feels like the beginning of the game is a little slow.
Black Lives Matter.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm done with Ace Combat 7. It had worn out its welcome, as there's only so many ways you can play through the same 20 missions (23 with DLC) even though you *could* switch up the planes a bit. Turns out there are another 7 planes I can buy (not going to) as that'd cost me another 15-20 bucks, even though I bought the one WITH season pass AND Top Gun content.

Space Raiders in Space was interesting tower defense with a lot of sass. Don't always like the presentation, but it's sorta cute, and kinda exciting while it lasted.

I'm done with Cold Waters, at least for now. I *may* start the British campaign later, when I'm no longer burned out on it. :D Or when DotMod team release their 2020 mod.

I tried Typo Man, but I guess I got the wrong impression of what type of game it was. It's a puzzle platformer.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

My son wants me to play his Roblox creation. I've never played the game at all...should I?

He also wanted my wife to play Minecraft with him. She said she didn't know how to play. He proceeded to hand write and illustrate a 14 page guide on how to play Minecraft. He's never even done anything remotely so intricate for school!

Wife still hasn't played.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:28 am My son wants me to play his Roblox creation. I've never played the game at all...should I?
Of course you should. Your son is asking you to take an interest in something he enjoys, and he wants to show you something he's proud of. That's awesome, and something many parents wish their kids would do. Don't approach it as a game (you'll be disappointed), but as a chance to support your son.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kures

Post by Kures »

I'm a dirty spammer who deserves to be banned.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished "Ancient Enemy" (freebie from Amazon, card based fantasy combat from Grey Alien), Absolute Territory (a one-programmer Wing Commander clone), Ace Combat 7 (turn and burn), and Space Raiders in Space (tower defense survival).

I've temporarily abandoned Cold Waters, Forza Horizon 4, Mini Motorways, Project Wunderwaffe, Destroyer, Highfleet, and Bitburner. May go back to them later.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:05 am
Jeff V wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:28 am My son wants me to play his Roblox creation. I've never played the game at all...should I?
Of course you should. Your son is asking you to take an interest in something he enjoys, and he wants to show you something he's proud of. That's awesome, and something many parents wish their kids would do. Don't approach it as a game (you'll be disappointed), but as a chance to support your son.
I finally did yesterday -- not only playing his creation but the third party one he's been pitching to his piano teacher the past 2 months. Not only did I fail badly, but I also failed to grasp the point. My son explained it to me well enough -- I just failed to find any entertainment value whatsoever.

Earlier this week, I was pondering which of three railroad boardgames I have would be most suitable for the kids. To which my 6 year old daughter replied, "daddy, we have brains you know!" So I'm thinking about putting that to the test and starting them in a hot seat game of Civ 6.
Black Lives Matter