[Star Wars] Andor

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Holman

Re: [Star Wars] Andor

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:45 pm I think my ONLY slight nit to pick with Andor was:
Spoiler:
I didn't really buy the extent that Luthen and co. went after Andor...all those human resources spent, etc. It seemed a LITTLE far-fetched, but of course was totally necessary to tie the story arc together, and of course made the VERY end (which I think we could all see coming a mile away) better.
On Luthen's choices elsewhere:
Spoiler:
Luthen's decision to let Kreegyr's raid go forward to its doom (while knowing that the Empire expects it) recalls Churchill's treatment of the Coventry bombing.

In 1940, British intelligence had achieved some degree of success in reading German air-raid planning. In November, the Germans planned to bomb the small and inconsequential English city of Coventry. It's not entirely clear why they chose that target, but the Brits knew that a response in force would tip off the fact that they were aware of German planning.

Churchill decided to act as if the British had no foreknowledge of the attack, and the city was heavily bombed, resulting in high casualties. Many British citizens died or were wounded, but the Germans were left reassured that their codes were secure.
I think this illuminates Luthen's attitude towards Cassian.
Last edited by Holman on Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

It also reflects the reaction to the British learning about the Nazi Holocaust plans but doing nothing because it was from a secure German source, a broken code.
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Scuzz wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:33 am It also reflects the reaction to the British learning about the Nazi Holocaust plans but doing nothing because it was from a secure German source, a broken code.
Horrible. Did not know that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Bermuda Conference, April 19 - 29, 1943
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:10 am Bermuda Conference, April 19 - 29, 1943
I recently watched Burn’s PBS documentary on the American reaction to the holocaust. The British knew by 41-42 that death camps were killing Jews, but they knew it because of their intercepting coded German messages. The Germans didn’t know their codes had been broken.
Black Lives Matter