Ukraine

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Ukraine

Post by Zaxxon »

TIL that 'Russian sausage magnate' is a thing.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Formix wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:14 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:27 am Telegraphh
A Russian sausage magnate
Are we certain this was really Pavel Antonov, and not just some kids who were having some zany fun on a Day Off?
You touch me, I yell, "крыса!"
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 am TIL that 'Russian sausage magnate' is a thing.
How do they work?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:22 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 am TIL that 'Russian sausage magnate' is a thing.
How do they work?
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

:lol:

Did you make that, because that is a very specific juxtaposition of the two themes.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

If I was a Russian multi-millionaire, I'd probably be looking to hire every single bodyguard and security firm in existence by this point. How come they don't?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:44 pm :lol:

Did you make that, because that is a very specific juxtaposition of the two themes.
I cobbled it together. I also asked an AI for its take:

Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Chraolic wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:45 pm If I was a Russian multi-millionaire, I'd probably be looking to hire every single bodyguard and security firm in existence by this point. How come they don't?
Maybe the bodyguards double as defenestrators.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:49 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:44 pm :lol:

I cobbled it together. I also asked an AI for its take:

Enlarge Image
Oh my.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:03 pm Maybe the bodyguards double as defenestrators.
I totally get that they probably can't trust anybody in Russia, but these two were in India and one other was in Spain. Surely there must be capable bodyguards somewhere? It seems to me that they wouldn't have much of a business if the people who hire them mysteriously die afterwards.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You cannot hide from the Defenestburo.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It might simply be good old Russian fatalism.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Nobody expects the Russian Defenestbureau!!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Or.....OR....ORRRRRRR!!! Russian oligarchs are particularly clumsy! You guys are way too cynical.

Occam's Razor, etc.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:27 am Telegraph
A Russian sausage magnate and politician who briefly criticised Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has died after falling from the third-floor window of a luxury hotel in India.

Pavel Antov was a member of Vladimir Putin’s United Russia party and a multi-millionaire, having founded one of Russia’s largest sausage makers.

He was reportedly on a trip to celebrate his upcoming 66th birthday when he was found lying in a pool of blood outside the Hotel Sai International in Rayagada, a district in the southern state of Odisha.

An unnamed police official told India’s NDTV news outlet they suspected he took his own life after becoming depressed about the death of his friend who was found dead in the same hotel.

Vladimir Bidenov was found lying unconscious in his room on the first floor of the hotel on Thursday surrounded by empty wine bottles.
So what NDTV is saying... in a manner of speaking; the price of wine is falling in India.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If Putin isn't removed from office I get a feeling Russia itself could be invaded by others and there wont be a Russia on the future world maps.

5 minute readNovember 23, 202211:35 AM ESTLast Updated a month ago Chechens fighting for Ukraine see chance to 'free' their homeland

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

It would be fitting to wake up one day and find that Putin had fallen out of a window.

A power struggle in Russia may not be the way for this to end, but it may be the only way it does.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Russia is showing its weak side to anyone who wants to look. At this point Captain Crunch could invade Russia.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:55 pm Russia is showing its weak side to anyone who wants to look. At this point Captain Crunch could invade Russia.
The delicate dance is that Putin will likely use nuclear weapons if he feels that his regime is under existential threat.

That's why Western powers are doing everything they can to strengthen Ukraine's defense without handing it weapons to strike critical sites within Russia.

The win condition isn't "destroy Russia" (because that that threatens *everyone,* you and me included). It's "Push Russia back to Russia."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:55 pm Russia is showing its weak side to anyone who wants to look. At this point Captain Crunch could invade Russia.
No offense, but this is kind of silly. No one's invading Russia, and not just because it makes no geo-political sense, but because invading Russia is not something Captain Crunch - or Captain America for that matter - could plausibly do.

Russia's clown show invasion of Ukraine doesn't just highlight problems with Russia's military. It also highlights the fundamental challenge of taking and holding land in a hostile country. Russian tend to be a nationalistic bunch, and -- just like Ukrainians -- I doubt they would take kindly to a foreign power invading. Moreover, any invading force would have to deal with the establishing supply lines over vast and inhospitable terrain. Oh, and nukes. That, too.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kurth wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:21 am
No offense, but this is kind of silly. No one's invading Russia…It also highlights the fundamental challenge of taking and holding land in a hostile country.
Yep, and I would add ‘especially in this century’ to the end of that. The geopolitics of a Russian invasion (who? Why?) don’t make sense right now, and I think as behind as Russia seems to be in terms of military tech - drones, satellites, and other more modern, better comms seems like it’s made invading (and winning) such a large country damn near impossible.

Maybe if a hawkish country gets its hands on some alien tech, or leapfrogs everybody else (and doesn’t sell said tech *cough*), sure.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Russian woman who urged partner to assault Ukrainians added to wanted list
Woman who encouraged sexual assault is on international wanted list

The wife of a Russian soldier fighting in Ukraine has been placed on an international wanted list for comments she made encouraging her husband to sexually assault Ukrainian women. 
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Massive attack on Russian makeshift barracks in Donetsk. You know if Russia is admitting 63 causalities, there must be loads more.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/1/2 ... n-makiivka
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

No sig, must scream, etc.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:14 pm Massive attack on Russian makeshift barracks in Donetsk. You know if Russia is admitting 63 causalities, there must be loads more.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/1/2 ... n-makiivka
Yup.
1/ The accounts of mobilised Russian soldiers who survived the Ukrainian HIMARS strike on Makiivka are beginning to emerge. Many more than the official figure of 63 are reported to have died. "We are cleaning their brains off our boots," says one survivor. ⬇️

2/ The relatives of two mobilised men from Samara region say that a total of four HIMARS missiles hit the building, which they say was occupied by about 400 men at the time. They included soldiers from the 44th and 45th regiments. Some escaped after the first missile hit.

3/ According to the relative of one of the survivors, "Many more people [than the claimed 63] were killed. They are still being pulled out from under the rubble." She suspects that local people gave the location to the Ukrainians: "They were breathing poison on them there."

4/ Some soldiers managed to escape from the building's basement. As previously reported, many of the casualties will need to be identified from DNA records. One survivor says he and his colleagues have been "cleaning brains off our boots".

5/ A wife says: “Indeed, there are many dead. I know that almost everything they had was left in that place [in the school building]. I only know that many were torn apart to such an extent that there was practically nothing left of the bodies."

6/ Survivors have been taken to hospital in Russia's Rostov region. The wife of one survivor says that her husband "just texted a few words to me that he is alive and well. More guys called who survived, they're walking around naked in flip flops.
Apparently the survivors escaped with nothing but the clothes they were wearing. All of the gear and supplies belonging to the units encamped there is reportedly destroyed.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Girkin, who has bitterly criticised Russia’s military failures in Ukraine, said ammunition had been stored in the same building where the recruits had been accommodated.

“This is not the only such [extremely dense] deployment of personnel and equipment in the destruction zone of HIMARS missiles,” he said on Telegram.
Black Lives Matter.

Post by Default »

That's what I heard too. The basement was the local ammo dump, which is why there is nothing left of the building. It should get really interesting when the Boeing/Saab glidebomb rockets start showing up in the spring. There won't be a place in Ukraine where the UA can't reach out and torch someone.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I guess they didn't watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They probably bunked the soldiers on top of the ammo to protect the ammo. The Russians value a crate of artillery shells more than a conscript.

I know it's war and war is shitty but the strike was on midnight on New Years. A bunch of those guys whose DNA they're scraping off of rubble for identification probably hadn't seen twenty New Years Eves.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:37 pm I guess they didn't watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If ya store it in another building then ya gotta go get it when ya need it lad. Best to have it close to ya. Dont want to be running next door to get your bullets do ya? :)

Reading this thread I have pictures of me playing the STALKER games in my head.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I don't think they wanted them delivered as quickly as they were.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

U.S. made parts found in Iranian drones used in Ukraine.

[urlhttps://www.cnn.com/2023/01/04/politics/iranian ... index.html][/url]
Parts made by more than a dozen US and Western companies were found inside a single Iranian drone downed in Ukraine last fall, according to a Ukrainian intelligence assessment obtained exclusively by CNN.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We are Soviet era Ammo Kablamo delivery service. If it explodes and you die you are due a refund. Just write us for that.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:15 pm U.S. made parts found in Iranian drones used in Ukraine.

[urlhttps://www.cnn.com/2023/01/04/politics/iranian ... index.html][/url]
Parts made by more than a dozen US and Western companies were found inside a single Iranian drone downed in Ukraine last fall, according to a Ukrainian intelligence assessment obtained exclusively by CNN.
Shocking.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Not really.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Unless stated otherwise, please assume 98% of my posts are sarcasm. :D
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:08 pm Unless stated otherwise, please assume 98% of my posts are sarcasm. :D
Likewise. Wait, that must have been sarcasm =)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:09 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:08 pm Unless stated otherwise, please assume 98% of my posts are sarcasm. :D
Likewise. Wait, that must have been sarcasm =)
Dammit.