TEMU.com -- Better than Wish.com?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

TEMU.com -- Better than Wish.com?

Post by Kasey Chang »

Those that watch ads may notice a new "direct from China" retailer in the US... temu.com, and they claim to offer some prices so low, it's almost ridiculous, and some of the items are like HALF the price of the equivalent stuff on Amazon. But we've seen promises like that before, like crap items from Wish.com, mostly Chinese counterfeits.

For funsies, I ordered some misc items from temu.com

Genuine Lenovo neckband Bluetooth headset for... $6.29 (HE05 Pro) That's HALF of the price on Aliexpress!

A set of 7 dice of various configs for... $2.48

A set of 2 x wireless lavalier microphone and 1 receiver for USB-C (Android) phones for $5.69 (!) Amazon has this for almost $30!

A folding "400 lb" camping stool for $12.48

A hand-held wireless air blower kit with a few accessories (different blowers nozzles) for $30.09 (equivalent blower is like $60 -90 on Amazon) (I did NOT get this one... yet, because I already have a blower from Amazon, but it's a plug-in not wireless)

A clone of "Angry Mama" microwave cleaner for $2.09 (the real thing is $7.59 on Amazon)

They even have Mechanical keyboards and novelty keycaps (though these keycaps look to be mass reproduced) for prices like $2.08 each cap

A set of 10 soft cloth I plan to use as dish rags, $2.08

When you order, try to hold out for free shipping events, as they *do* get you on shipping charges. So beware.

And the website is fairly limited compared to the smartphone app.

May be worth a try if you need some cheap stuff that you don't mind cheaping out on. I probably wouldn't recommend buying more expensive stuff on Temu, at least not until I get the >$10 items. Just beware, you will end up adding a ton of items to your cart. Control yourself. :)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Re: TEMU.com -- Better than Wish.com?

Post by Daehawk »

Ive never ordered from wish. Frankly Ive never heard anything good about it and the videos Ive seen range from horrible to funny.

It will be interesting to see what you get lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:46 am Those that watch ads may notice a new "direct from China" retailer in the US... temu.com, and they claim to offer some prices so low, it's almost ridiculous, and some of the items are like HALF the price of the equivalent stuff on Amazon. But we've seen promises like that before, like crap items from Wish.com, mostly Chinese counterfeits.

For funsies, I ordered some misc items from temu.com

Genuine Lenovo neckband Bluetooth headset for... $6.29 (HE05 Pro) That's HALF of the price on Aliexpress!

A set of 7 dice of various configs for... $2.48

A set of 2 x wireless lavalier microphone and 1 receiver for USB-C (Android) phones for $5.69 (!) Amazon has this for almost $30!

A folding "400 lb" camping stool for $12.48

A hand-held wireless air blower kit with a few accessories (different blowers nozzles) for $30.09 (equivalent blower is like $60 -90 on Amazon) (I did NOT get this one... yet, because I already have a blower from Amazon, but it's a plug-in not wireless)

A clone of "Angry Mama" microwave cleaner for $2.09 (the real thing is $7.59 on Amazon)

They even have Mechanical keyboards and novelty keycaps (though these keycaps look to be mass reproduced) for prices like $2.08 each cap

A set of 10 soft cloth I plan to use as dish rags, $2.08

When you order, try to hold out for free shipping events, as they *do* get you on shipping charges. So beware.

And the website is fairly limited compared to the smartphone app.

May be worth a try if you need some cheap stuff that you don't mind cheaping out on. I probably wouldn't recommend buying more expensive stuff on Temu, at least not until I get the >$10 items. Just beware, you will end up adding a ton of items to your cart. Control yourself. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

now with bonus lead
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Eh. Do you think the factories that produce crap for Walmart and Amazon are in a different China or something?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

For that matter, if it wasn't China (which as they continue to evolve their industry/economy and start having to pay more, it may not stay China), it would be some other country with equal "high quality and treatment of their people".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Even US. Some company here in Chattanooga was found to be using child labor...and I think it was the 2nd time and multiple factories in the US .
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Chraolic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 pm Eh. Do you think the factories that produce crap for Walmart and Amazon are in a different China or something?
Not at all; the image I posted applies as much to them as any other merchants and manufacturers reliant upon Chinese forced labour to boost their bottom line. Cheaply-manufactured goods from Chinese forced labour may well be pervasive, but that does not oblige us to ignore the realities of how and why these products are produced and sold so cheaply.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

But if you're poor, it leaves you helpless to avoid it. The poor people economy is reliant on it.

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The commenters seem happy too.