The Day Before...zombie survival..you remember it dont you??

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

The Day Before...zombie survival..you remember it dont you??

Post by Daehawk »

Been over a year since we heard anything. But now theres some gameplay vids out. Heck its been since 2021 that any video came out.

The Day Before Gets First Extended Look in Over a Year
Open-world survival game The Day Before got a 10-minute gameplay footage trailer today, the first new look at the game in over a year as developer Fntastic finds itself embroiled in a trademark dispute.

The new look shows off some exploring, weapon modding, scavenging, and shooting down infected enemies.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
naednek

Re: The Day Before...zombie survival..you remember it dont you??

Post by naednek »

First impression of video... looks like a tight ass simulator.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kasey should like it then. He seems to like detailed games with lots of stuff to keep up with.

Looks fun....in a DayZ sorta way.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Day Before devs say a calendar app stole their trademark, YouTube is delisting their videos, and no doubt the dog's eyeing up their homework
Fntastic, the studio behind The Day Before, has released yet another statement regarding the state of the game and its ongoing trademark dispute. In a short post on Twitter yesterday afternoon, Fntastic said that its trademark has apparently been snaffled by a calendar app, that its videos have been taken down from YouTube as a result of trademark issue, and that the current holder of the trademark has offered to discuss things with the studio. The studio followed up its tweet with a link to a delisted YouTube video (opens in new tab) which—per the Wayback Machine—used to show a clip of someone playing The Day Before on PC.

The statement says only that the "so-called 'owner'" of The Day Before's trademark is the "creator of the calendar app". Fntastic doesn't explicitly name or link it, but I have to assume that the app in question is TheDayBefore (D-Day Countdown) from TheDayBefore Inc. When Fntastic first announced its trademark troubles, it looked like its game's name had been nabbed by a South Korean applicant, and that app is a South Korean product, after all.
It is perhaps worth noting that the calendar app in question has reviews going back to 2020, so it may be possible that Fntastic just never bothered checking to see if the trademark was available until this whole kerfuffle kicked off.

Edit to add: According to this video (which provides a summary of the events leading up to the recent drama), Fntastic claims that the trademark was available when they announced the game but was taken by the time they got around to filing their own application. Snooze and lose, I guess. :coffee:

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems like one of those games that will never release the way people think it will be. I liked that last video where they are in the neighborhood and crafting and such. Looked good. Need to add story to it and zombies and such...but other than that looked good. Stop overreaching and trying to be so fancy with engines and such. Make a good game and release it. Update it later.