[hulu] Extraordinary

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

[hulu] Extraordinary

Post by hepcat »

I mentioned it in a few other places, but Hulu’s British import Extraordinary is insanely entertaining.

Set in a world where everyone gets superpowers on or around the time they turn 18, it focuses on Jen. A 25 year old young woman who still hasn’t gotten her power.

It sounds like it shouldn’t work, but it does….fantastically well. I laughed out loud multiple times each episode. It reminds me of Spaced in many ways. The same sense of humor mixed with stories that make you love the characters.

….and 100 percent on RT, baby.
He won. Period.
Fishbelly

Re: [hulu] Extraordinary

Post by Fishbelly »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:23 pm I mentioned it in a few other places, but Hulu’s British import Extraordinary is insanely entertaining.

Set in a world where everyone gets superpowers on or around the time they turn 18, it focuses on Jen. A 25 year old young woman who still hasn’t gotten her power.

It sounds like it shouldn’t work, but it does….fantastically well. I laughed out loud multiple times each episode. It reminds me of Spaced in many ways. The same sense of humor mixed with stories that make you love the characters.

….and 100 percent on RT, baby.

Agreed. I thought I'd find it entertaining from the trailer, but it's quite a bit above my expectations. Well acted, well written, and has made me laugh quite often--which I don't do much when watching TV. The characters are off-beat and weird, but still human and engaging. My wife and I love it. :wub:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Loos like they already got their season 2 renewal. :horse:
He won. Period.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

This looked interesting and my wife and I just watched the trailer. We are going to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

So I've rolled my eyes at people complaining about characters in shows acting in ways that aren't realistic. Well we're 4 episodes into this and now I understand. The humor here is so... basic. My 13yo son is too clever for this stuff. Having said that, the only part of the show that I find entertaining is Jizzlord. I am also amused by seance-girl but wish they could come up with better stuff for her. We'll finish it out and I hope it improves but I am not getting my hopes up.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If you weren't entertained after the first episode, I would give up. It doesn't change...thank goodness. I love the show still and can't wait for its return. I guess I and the overwhelming number of critics who love the show are just not as clever as you and your children. :wink:
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

For me, I think it's similar to Schitt's Creek in that for the most part these are not good people. You know you have a problem when the freaking cat is the moral compass and shining beacon of hope of the cast. Perhaps it even makes the show more grounded and realistic, but it also make it less appealing to me.

Given a long enough timeline, Shitt's Creek turned out to be great with some characters showing more depth and growth. 6 episodes in and Extraordinary has finally showed that may happen eventually.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Shows about people who always do the right thing are frigging boring. Even Ted Lasso included people who did the wrong thing.

As for depth of character, the first episode alone established that with its main character.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Season 2 finally dropped. :wub:
He won. Period.