Unagi

Re: RRR [Movie]

Post by Unagi »

Yes, that's 3 OMGs.
I stand by them.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I watched the director’s other two films on Netflix last week. Baahubali 1 and 2 are also over the top and fun. The second one is also the film that the “catapult shield formation” clip is taken from. Two thumbs up…although there is quite a bit more singing. Actually, some of the songs tell the story as it goes.

So that’s about 8 hours of Indian film over the course of this year. That’s a new high for me.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, that was awesome. I cooked a meal and sat down to watch it with the family. On learning it was a three hour foreign film, my eldest found an excuse to leave the house for a few hours, and Michelle kept finding reason to 'step outside for a minute, but don't pause.' But Caiden and I watched it, and wasn't in the least disappointed - it lived up to the hype, and story was as entertaining as the absurdity of the action.

I only wish that there had been a subtitle option for "English - Songs Only." As it was, I kept having to pause and turn them on for the songs, then back off afterward.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Three days later and it's still stuck in my head.

Get up.
Get dressed.
Time to brush my teeth and, then I need to...
Naatu Naatu Naatu Naatu
Naatu Naatu Oora Naatu
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

:horse:
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Because of this movie I'm watching other Indian movies. None come anywhere close to this movie tho.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rousing

Raucous

Recalcitrant

Also major regen.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:01 am Because of this movie I'm watching other Indian movies. None come anywhere close to this movie tho.
hepcat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:46 pm I watched the director’s other two films on Netflix last week. Baahubali 1 and 2 are also over the top and fun. The second one is also the film that the “catapult shield formation” clip is taken from. Two thumbs up…although there is quite a bit more singing. Actually, some of the songs tell the story as it goes.

So that’s about 8 hours of Indian film over the course of this year. That’s a new high for me.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Finished it this weekend after watching it in 1 hour chunks. Nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but wanted to post to make the thread pop to the top of the forum in case there are still people who haven't seen it. The hype is real - watch this!!

Enlarge Image
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ridiculous, but not *as* ridiculous as I expected. Because Bollywood has taught me that nothing is too ridiculous.

My 15yo daughter and I enjoyed it. It was her recommendation.

Subtitled, because that's the only way she'll watch anything. I happen to agree.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

My wife and I finished our rewatch of this last week. We both loved it. I paid more attention to the story this time and really enjoyed that part of the movie too. It just kind of pales in comparison to the spectacle part of the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Dramatist wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:57 am My wife and I finished our rewatch of this last week. We both loved it. I paid more attention to the story this time and really enjoyed that part of the movie too. It just kind of pales in comparison to the spectacle part of the film.
Interestingly, at least to me, is that I focused on the story mostly. The spectacle was an afterthought. I will probably rewatch it one day and focus on the spectacle.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I found some interesting trivia today.

You all likely remember Naatu Naatu, the scene where they were in India dancing around the palace (sorry to get it stuck in your head again):

The thing is, that was one of the only scenes in the movie not filmed in India.
Spoiler:
It was filmed in front of the Mariinskyi Palace in Ukraine, aka the Presidential Palace, aka Zelensky's pad.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Interesting! I had no idea.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I finally got around to watching this today with my son. So many delightful "holy shit" moments. It's absolutely the best way I could have spent Independence Day.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Is that dance computer...assisted in any way I wonder? Or maybe just REALLY high speed film? Some of the movements looked a bit...uncanny valley and not human.

I need to get around to watching this in any case.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The whole movie is uncanny.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:35 pm The whole movie is uncanny.
LOL!
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:30 pm Is that dance computer...assisted in any way I wonder? Or maybe just REALLY high speed film? Some of the movements looked a bit...uncanny valley and not human.
Maybe, but they basically did the same number live at the Academy Awards.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:30 pm Is that dance computer...assisted in any way I wonder? Or maybe just REALLY high speed film? Some of the movements looked a bit...uncanny valley and not human.
Nope. None of it was sped up. Accomplished dancers + good choreographer + good crew + editing. After all, there are some very fast dance styles out there, especially styles that are heavily focused on the feet and legs.

For something similar, look at the Azeri dance from Azerbaijan:

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Wow...that is VERY similar! :ninja: