Ukraine

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: Ukraine

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:34 pm I like how Fox made their headline sound like we caused the incident. Because of course they did.
We clearly chased a pair of SU-27s with an unarmed drone. Duh.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They did update it. I guess even for them it was too ridiculous.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Dumped fuel on it and flew into it?
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:31 pm Putin must be in really rough shape politically to be desperate enough to authorize this
He knows the risk is minimal. A drone is hardware, not an an American citizen.

This is just for domestic consumption. Putin can claim to be defending against American air power without actually defending against American air power.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

malchior wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:48 pm
Octavious wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:34 pm I like how Fox made their headline sound like we caused the incident. Because of course they did.
I hate myself for even asking, but what was the Fox headline?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Kurth wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:34 am
malchior wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:48 pm
I hate myself for even asking, but what was the Fox headline?
For a half hour it was something like "US Drone forces SU-27s to emergency land.". I have a weird fascination with seeing what nonsense headlines they come up with. I mean if all you read is Fox News you would think there's drag shows and transvestites every five feet. The country is imploding and they have people focusing on the most ridiculous non issues and it works.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:20 amThe country is imploding and they have people focusing on the most ridiculous non issues and it works.
The art of distraction.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah I'm constantly having to talk my dad off the ledge from whatever new "Monster of the Week" Fox News comes up with. In the past few months it's been gas stoves, drag queens, trans athletes, artificial intelligence, CRT, electric vehicles....

My response every time is "Was this stuff stressing you about before the news told you to get worked up over it? If not, then it wasn't a real issue."

I mean if I've never heard you even mention the word "drag queen" in my 48 years on this earth, don't come to me and tell me that's the biggest threat facing America today. Bullshit.

And these are the same people that accuse me of being a "sheep" to liberal media. :roll: :roll: :roll:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 am Yeah I'm constantly having to talk my dad off the ledge from whatever new "Monster of the Week" Fox News comes up with. In the past few months it's been gas stoves, drag queens, trans athletes, artificial intelligence, CRT, electric vehicles....

My response every time is "Was this stuff stressing you about before the news told you to get worked up over it? If not, then it wasn't a real issue."

I mean if I've never heard you even mention the word "drag queen" in my 48 years on this earth, don't come to me and tell me that's the biggest threat facing America today. Bullshit.

And these are the same people that accuse me of being a "sheep" to liberal media. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lately its been that ESG and DEI crashed the banking system.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I love how we have made banks making horrible investments a WOKE problem. Every time I think we can't get dumber it goes up a notch.

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 am Yeah I'm constantly having to talk my dad off the ledge from whatever new "Monster of the Week" Fox News comes up with. In the past few months it's been gas stoves, drag queens, trans athletes, artificial intelligence, CRT, electric vehicles....

Easy on the AI part. I’m right there with your dad regarding AI stressing me out!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Kurth wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:15 pm

Easy on the AI part. I’m right there with your dad regarding AI stressing me out!
Yeah, I agree... YK, you should agree heavily with our dad on the whole AI thing. (then watch him change opinions, of course)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Judging by the video, I'd guess the Russian pilot was trying to dump fuel on the drone and fucked up by colliding with it rather than deliberately hitting it.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Those times when you're trying to be a dick and you're accidentally a huge dick.

"I'm sorry, we were just trying to seriously damage your equipment in international airspace, not destroy it."
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

A Russian solider who confessed to killing civilians in Ukraine has been convicted by a Russian court...

...but not for killing civilians. You see, when he confessed to murder he was actually spreading "fake news" about the Russian military. A terrible crime.
Frolkin is the first known soldier to be sentenced by Russia after admitting to killing civilians. The sentencing is widely seen as a way to deter other service personnel from speaking out.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm Judging by the video, I'd guess the Russian pilot was trying to dump fuel on the drone and fucked up by colliding with it rather than deliberately hitting it.
I would have to think hitting an aircraft with another aircraft is never an intentional act.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:25 pm
Max Peck wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm Judging by the video, I'd guess the Russian pilot was trying to dump fuel on the drone and fucked up by colliding with it rather than deliberately hitting it.
I would have to think hitting an aircraft with another aircraft is never an intentional act.
Fair point. :lol:

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sonderkommando Elbe
Sonderkommando "Elbe" was the name of a World War II Luftwaffe task force assigned to bring down heavy bombers by ramming them in mid-air.

Its sole mission took place on 7 April 1945, when a force of 180 Bf 109s managed to ram 15 Allied bombers, downing eight of them.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:37 pm Sonderkommando Elbe
Sonderkommando "Elbe" was the name of a World War II Luftwaffe task force assigned to bring down heavy bombers by ramming them in mid-air.

Its sole mission took place on 7 April 1945, when a force of 180 Bf 109s managed to ram 15 Allied bombers, downing eight of them.
The summoning worked =)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:banana-parachute:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

In Ukraine-adjacent news: Turkey's Erdogan seals deal on Finland joining Nato
Finland's bid to join Nato has finally secured the backing of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Turkey had blocked Finland's application for months, complaining it had supported "terrorists".

At a press conference in Ankara with his Finnish counterpart, Mr Erdogan praised Finland's "authentic and concrete steps" on Turkish security.

Any Nato expansion needs the support of all its members - and Finland is now a step closer to joining.

A vote will go to Turkey's parliament to approve its application.

Finland, which neighbours Russia, applied with Sweden to join the West's defensive alliance last May.

Both were held up by Turkish objections - but Mr Erdogan is still refusing to support Sweden. Finland has decided to push ahead alone.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I assume Sweden will need to work out its own payoff deal.
Black Lives Matter.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Now Orban holds all the cards.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Drag queens are needed to open portals through hell into polling centres so that Democrats can replace your vote for Donald trump with a vote for Jim Carey/Biden. They must be stopped to preserve freedumb.

They are far more dangerous than Putin who has introduced the sort of managed democracy this country badly needs to protect freedumb from the major tech companies, woke Disney and the sentient laptop of Hunter Biden.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

On March 2nd Alex Konanykhin put up a $1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Vladimir Putin. Perhaps a bit premature since the International Criminal Court (ICC) just issued the official arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin yesterday.
Now that it's official, I want to contribute to the bounty on Putin. Does anyone know how? GoFundMe won't allow funding for bounties. Is there another way to set up something like that?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Dave Allen wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:13 pm On March 2nd Alex Konanykhin put up a $1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Vladimir Putin. Perhaps a bit premature since the International Criminal Court (ICC) just issued the official arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin yesterday.
Now that it's official, I want to contribute to the bounty on Putin. Does anyone know how? GoFundMe won't allow funding for bounties. Is there another way to set up something like that?
You could invest in window replacement.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:21 pm You could invest in window replacement.
:?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

All those kills makes it look like a video game. Dumbass Russians.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:17 pm All those kills makes it look like a video game. Dumbass Russians.
It's been 31 years and nothing has changed

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Has it been that long?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

22 U.S. Code § 2708 - Department of State rewards program

Thus it appears that Mr. Blinken as our U.S. Secretary of State can offer up to a $50,000,000 reward under the War Crimes Rewards Program (WCRP) to individuals who provide information that leads to the arrest, transfer, or conviction of designated foreign nationals accused of crimes against humanity, genocide, or war crimes.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Well how 'bout that?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... #xj4y7vzkg
Yevgeny Prigozhin, the powerful founder of mercenary group Wagner, is preparing to scale back his private army’s operations in Ukraine after Russian military chiefs succeeded in cutting key supplies of men and munitions, people familiar with the matter said.
malchior

Post by malchior »

That's what he gets for trying to outshine Putin.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Normally, defenestration is what one would get for trying to outshine Putin.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehe you cant do your job well or you look too good. You cant do it poorly because you look too bad and dont get results. Lose lose with Putin.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Russia says its moving some tactical nukes to Belarus. An obvious flex aimed at Ukraine and Poland.
Russia will station tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, President Vladimir Putin has said.

President Putin said the move would not violate nuclear non-proliferation agreements and compared it to the US stationing its weapons in Europe, according to Russian state media.

Russia will have completed the construction of a storage facility for tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus by 1 July, President Putin added.
Whether it actually happens remains to be seen but the message is clear.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wonder how happy Belarus is the be a new nuclear target?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Given the timing, I wonder if this is their response to the UK saying it would be supplying Ukraine with depleted uranium rounds to go with the Challenger 2 tanks they've pledged to provide. On the one hand, it's apples and oranges, but on the other hand, Russia seemed to be particularly upset with that announcement.
The rounds retain some radioactive properties, but they can't generate a nuclear reaction like a nuclear weapon would, RAND nuclear expert and policy researcher Edward Geist said.

That didn't stop the Russians from offering a full-throated warning that the rounds were opening the door to further escalation. In the past, they have suggested the war could escalate to nuclear weapons use.