Should I get a Shuttle Controller For Video Editing?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Should I get a Shuttle Controller For Video Editing?

Post by Kasey Chang »

I can see why those in video editing really love some sort of a shuttle controller that lets them "dial" through the video clips rather than rely on the mouse. On the other hand, I *do* have an Orbit trackball lying around with the dial ring and that seems to do something similar, just need a bit of mapping software. Or should I get something dedicated like the ShuttleXpress?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Enough

Re: Should I get a Shuttle Controller For Video Editing?

Post by Enough »

If you ever buy the full version of DaVinci Resolve you can buy a version that includes a really nice shuttle tool. You can see it here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ditor.html
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

That'd be way in the future when I take up a career doing editing for a living, LOL. In the meanwhile, I can only afford the itty mitty mouse-sized version. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

s shuttle dial might be great in MAME for some paddle games (e.g. Arkanoid)