Tainted Grail The Fall of Avalon (Early Access)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Tainted Grail The Fall of Avalon (Early Access)

Post by Jaymann »

This is a first person medieval single player in the Morrowwind/Skyrim mold. The main quest is to actually get Excalibur (you can see it in the first town but it burns to the touch). I enjoyed the initial "naked in a prison cell" trope and crawl. Upon escape I felt a bit under powered, but eventually found rest spots and fast travel. It really took off for me when I found I could kite some strong enemies and get a few superior weapons. Supposedly at least another 9 months in development. But my play style is to do all quests and get maximum level, which takes me as much time as others typically spend on a whole game. So far 6/8 flaming arrows.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Re: Tainted Grail The Fall of Avalon (Early Access)

Post by Jaymann »

Well I finished the first act in 37 hours and encountered a couple of major bugs:

There is a broken skill called Killer Instinct where you one shot every foe.

I found a save bug where it got stuck on the Save screen and you could only ESC out. After a few hours I tried a whited out save that said Level 0 and it worked. Otherwise that was a DNF.

Also irritating is a door in a dungeon that requires a "guard key" which is nowhere to be found. People on the Steam forum reported this as well. In the end I killed every guard in the keep and none of them had the key.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I must have missed this posting for this game.Sorry Jaymann.

Saw some stuff on it today and wanted to reopen the thread and post a game play video from someone on YouTube. It reminds me of an old game called Arx Fatalis. I played and finished it along with Divine Divinity about a year after both has released.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Don't touch me, please, I cannot stand the way you tease
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Is it an actual open world sandbox with significant side quests, exploration, and so on if you ignore the main quest (like Skyrim or Fallout 3/4)? Or does it force you to follow the main quest without any real reward for exploring the open world?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Madmarcus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:08 am Is it an actual open world sandbox with significant side quests, exploration, and so on if you ignore the main quest (like Skyrim or Fallout 3/4)? Or does it force you to follow the main quest without any real reward for exploring the open world?
Definitely the former, and I explored every nook and cranny of the open world before finishing the main quest.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:44 pm Definitely the former, and I explored every nook and cranny of the open world before finishing the main quest.
You are selling it well. :D
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was debating getting this as I've dropped too much on other games with my new computer lately. But today I decided I was going to bite the bullet. I opened up the steam store...and saw that I already owned it. Apparently, when I backed the board game on kickstarter years ago, I was given pretty much everything with the words "tainted" and "grail". :shock:
Covfefe!
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:12 am Apparently, when I backed the board game on kickstarter years ago, I was given pretty much everything with the words "tainted" and "grail". :shock:
Better than getting everything with the words "t'aint" and "gruel" :lol:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

those two are from a different kickstarter, so I'm covered.
Covfefe!