Diet drinks - who else hates them?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dbt1949

Re: Diet drinks - who else hates them?

Post by dbt1949 »

I always hid everything in my jacket. Yes, I would wear a jacket on hot days for something like that.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Punisher wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:06 pm
Rumpy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:42 pm
Punisher wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:42 am When dining out I either bring my own or have plain water because most places don't have diet sprite.
Out of curiosity, most places that serve food won't usually let anyone bring their own food or drinks, so how do you get around that?
I just do it. Only 1 place has asked about it and I explained that for medical reasons I am only supposed to drink diet sprite for soda. If they actually have diet sprite I order their's but except for fast food, I've never seen it.
I'm currently in a wheelchair as well so that may help.
If it wasn't a medical restriction I would drink their diet pepsi or coke.
That makes sense.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:49 pm I always hid everything in my jacket. Yes, I would wear a jacket on hot days for something like that.
We would do that at Wrigley Field, except it was beer, not diet soda that we were trying to smuggle into the park.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:59 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:49 pm I always hid everything in my jacket. Yes, I would wear a jacket on hot days for something like that.
We would do that at Wrigley Field, except it was beer, not diet soda that we were trying to smuggle into the park.
In my day we had bodas. If you were fine with body-temperature wine, a boda would get through every time.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

We had those, used them for mixed-drinks in college. We were all about beer as teenagers, though. A couple of funny stories...we were all wearing bulky coats on a sunny, 90 degree day when one friend, sitting next to some nuns on the L, stood up and dropped 6 beers on the floor in front of them, getting a stern, disapproving look. Another time, one of the girls in our group tried walking in with a 12-pack in a large purse. They gave the bag a squeeze and demanded she give it up. She pulled out a 6 pack, handed it to them, they said, "is that all?" She said yes and walked in with a six pack.
Black Lives Matter