Diablo 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: Diablo 4

Post by YellowKing »

My Pet/Corpse Explosion/Bone Spear Necro is still holding his own, but I really have to concentrate because he can't handle any kind of burst damage. I really need armor gear but I'm a DPS junkie so I find myself prioritizing damage over everything. I haven't yet hit a brick wall, though, so I'm just going to keep forging ahead.

There's nothing quite like standing back and just spamming corpse explosions BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM like fireworks going off as everything on the screen melts. :lol:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hyena wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:02 pm Logged in this a.m. and tried to find someone in the guild/clan/thing but no luck...
To join? Just search for 'octopus' in the clan page and you should find it, then send a request. Nobody has to be on for you to send the request, then when someone gets on they can approve it. But make sure you post your Bnet name in the other thread so we'll know it's you.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:39 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:02 pm Logged in this a.m. and tried to find someone in the guild/clan/thing but no luck...
To join? Just search for 'octopus' in the clan page and you should find it, then send a request. Nobody has to be on for you to send the request, then when someone gets on they can approve it. But make sure you post your Bnet name in the other thread so we'll know it's you.
Ah, thanks! Will do that as soon as I get home.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:11 pm My Pet/Corpse Explosion/Bone Spear Necro is still holding his own, but I really have to concentrate because he can't handle any kind of burst damage. I really need armor gear but I'm a DPS junkie so I find myself prioritizing damage over everything. I haven't yet hit a brick wall, though, so I'm just going to keep forging ahead.

There's nothing quite like standing back and just spamming corpse explosions BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM like fireworks going off as everything on the screen melts. :lol:
I played up to 40 with my pet/thorns build,l before I hit a bit of a wall. Then I went on a loot spree and found three or four legendaries that led to a melee playstyle. Now I'm thorns/bonespear/blood mist and I am back to cruising through content. Found a 2-hander that casts blood wave three times and leaves 9 blood orbs in its wake, and my bone spears are hitting for 1,100, with one hitting overpowered for over 6k. At lvl 48 now, but have no idea what act I'm in. D4 is nowhere near as clear as the others have been when you move on from one stage to the next, and I kinda like it.

Really liking this game, and so glad it came out right as much summer hit!
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Login issues that has me in que that estimates 454 minutes until I get to play!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Ha mine said 630 minutes. I'm the winner! :dance:

Blizzard should give away some shiny cosmetic feature to placate the masses. "Hey sorry for the inconvenience! We are making this unique mauve cape available for all players!"

Ooooh, No Man's Sky is 50% off! I might as well harvest stuff...IN SPACE!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Brian

Post by Brian »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:02 pm Ha mine said 630 minutes. I'm the winner! :dance:
Uhhhh....

Enlarge Image
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Initially 2203 minutes wait time but it quickly recalculated to 65 minutes. Unfortunately, that progress is not linear.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

I finished the campaign today. I watched every cutscene with no distractions. Pretty darn epic. I'd say it's my second-best story only behind Last of Us.

I played solo and did some side quests. Melee duel-welding blades Rogue. Tier 2 and did not upgrade or use gems. I died about 20 times total. Estimate 35-40 hours played. I haven't played that amount in a single week for a heck of a long time.

Now going to focus on end game stuff. Not going to start a new character for a while.
malchior

Post by malchior »

So I have built a necro at level 45 who is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly hard to kill. Essentially my build was going well with multiple layers of protection but I just got what I'd consider an S-tier piece of armor. 13 life for each Close enemy, up to 96 life per second. It also has 13% DR on Close enemy, ~13% DR on distant enemy, +162 Max health, and I socketed in a Diamond for 4% Barrier Generation. Ridiculous.

I just stand in the mob and zap and blood lance the strongest enemy or the ranged attacks while I pretty much stay at max health. The enemy actually is taking damage from my thorns the whole time so I usually throw a blood surge at some point and just kill the crowd. I just carved through most of the Act 3 bosses and had no risk of death.

As an aside, I also ran into the Butcher for a 2nd time (just before I got the item above unfortunately). He is straight up bullshit. I got him down to 50% and then somehow he healed back to max. I even was able to manage to top up my potions once in the encounter (current max is 6) but I came nowhere near to killing him.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

malchior wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:37 pm So I have built a necro at level 45 who is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly hard to kill. Essentially my build was going well with multiple layers of protection but I just got what I'd consider an S-tier piece of armor. 13 life for each Close enemy, up to 96 life per second. It also has 13% DR on Close enemy, ~13% DR on distant enemy, +162 Max health, and I socketed in a Diamond for 4% Barrier Generation. Ridiculous.
Dammit man, mine is 7, I think. Nice roll. It's also like 20 levels old and I refuse to give it up. I really would love a better roll.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

There is a Ezeh that applied in the OO clan. Anyone know him/her?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The dangers of hardcore in an online game
Tragedy has struck the first Diablo 4 max level player in hardcore. Diablo 4 Twitch streamer Souaïb ‘cArn’ Hanaf was recognized by Blizzard as the first person to reach level 100 in the RPG game while playing on the permadeath ‘hardcore’ mode. Unfortunately, not long after hitting the milestone, while preparing to take on the ultimate pinnacle boss fight in Diablo 4, a sudden disconnect left cArn’s character dead.

Like many of the most tragic moments, it happens at an otherwise normal, innocent time. cArn, who was able to snag the level 100 hardcore milestone ahead of potential rivals thanks to the use of group play to maximize his experience gains, is exploring the Diablo 4 map as he aimed to gear up to take on the game’s hardest challenge fight.

He’s carving through packs as normal with the best Barbarian build, with Whirlwind remaining a very viable tool despite rather heavy-handed opening week nerfs, when suddenly his on-screen character begins behaving very oddly, stuttering to take out his weapons while nearby enemies jitter in place. The screen then freezes, and cuts to black. Opening the game back up, cArn initially isn’t even able to log back in. However, when he does, he’s greeted with the most heart-wrenching character creation screen. Because your character is lost permanently upon death in hardcore, the appearance of the five Diablo 4 classes sitting around a fire can mean only one thing – cArn has no active characters available.

Creating a new character and hopping back in, cArn confirms the tragic news – his beloved Barbarian, 82 hours deep and geared close to the maximum, is now confined to the Hall of Fallen Heroes, where your lost hardcore characters are memorialized forever. “Slain by vampire bat
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

noxiousdog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:47 pm There is a Ezeh that applied in the OO clan. Anyone know him/her?
From the clan thread:
EzeKieL wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:11 pm Sent a request : Ezehoia
Close...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

coopasonic wrote: It's also like 20 levels old and I refuse to give it up. I really would love a better roll.
I'm level 51 and I'm still using some Level 29 gloves because they have this ridiculous stat that ups my damage like 30% if I'm not moving. I've been trying to replace them for 20 levels now, and I can't find anything that comes close to the offense they provide. Every time I get a glove drop that's more aligned with my level, I can't bear to take the DPS hit from ditching those silly things.
malchior wrote:So I have built a necro at level 45 who is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly hard to kill.
I'm slowly regearing my Necro to be less squishy. Finally ditched my great 2H last night for 1H/shield and that has helped a bit. I'm torn because as a Bone Spear/Corpse Explosion Necro I can *usually* stand back from the fight and kill everything. But it's those darn elite and boss fights where that strategy isn't always viable. "Best defense is a good offense" is still working for me though, so I'm hoping some slight tweaks just to handle those big fight edge cases will get me by.

And yes, The Butcher is BS. I ran into him the other night and got him down to half health and he just poofed. I'm OK throwing in some random crazy boss to keep you on your toes, but don't make it where he just skips out if you start winning. That's complete garbage.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm not playing, but it really sounds like they intentional coded the Butcher to be impossible. That is some puppies right there!

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:03 pm
coopasonic wrote: It's also like 20 levels old and I refuse to give it up. I really would love a better roll.
I'm level 51 and I'm still using some Level 29 gloves because they have this ridiculous stat that ups my damage like 30% if I'm not moving. I've been trying to replace them for 20 levels now, and I can't find anything that comes close to the offense they provide. Every time I get a glove drop that's more aligned with my level, I can't bear to take the DPS hit from ditching those silly things.
Can't you extract the Aspect and just add it to better gloves?
And yes, The Butcher is BS. I ran into him the other night and got him down to half health and he just poofed. I'm OK throwing in some random crazy boss to keep you on your toes, but don't make it where he just skips out if you start winning. That's complete garbage.
That was what happened the first time. I was kiting him around and he just ghosted. It's hot garbage. I guess it is good for a hardcore run for him to vanish but overall my impression so far is that The Butcher is the only bad element in an otherwise excellent game.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

malchior wrote:Can't you extract the Aspect and just add it to better gloves?
I could if I wasn't an idiot. I just figured out how to extract and reassign aspects today. Now I just need to find a better pair of gloves again. :doh:
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I really miss followers/mercenaries. I know the entire point of the atmosphere is to be alone, but it creates a feeling of anxiety beyond the appealing for me.

My life's a lot easier after googling builds. Sorcerer's shock with arc lash is so much more powerful than spark, and throwing on ice shield and fireball's enchantment make a big difference. I still have to kite, but it's not as frantic as with spark. Chain lightning is the best of both builds though. But I'm level 35 and it's still kind of a chore to play. I mean the combat's fantastic, but maybe I'm just not in the mood for a repetitive, grindy game without an influenceable story or much emergent gameplay right now.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Just a heads up I ran into a nasty little Act III bug tonight. Every time I tried to enter the Temple of The Primes the game would freeze, stop responding, and eventually crash.

Looked it up and it's a known issue. Some people think it's tied to pet classes and suggested unsummoning all pets before entering. That trick worked for me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sudy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:51 pm My life's a lot easier after googling builds.
FWIW, Maxroll.gg has been a consistently great source for builds for me in the past. It's a lot better than Icy Veins these days.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I keep respeccing my rogue to try new things. Last night I added rapid shot and combined it with the shadow imbuement skill. Good lord, that's a crowd killer. High damage to a mob then watch as he explodes and takes out everyone around him as he dies. Just a total game changer for my character. :wub:
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Soloing strongholds at world tier 3 without a solid build is.... not a good idea. Really, really easy at world tier 1 though! :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've been bouncing back and forth between campaign, side quests, and dungeons with my 52 Necro, and he's coasting on easy mode now. I fixed the squishyness with resists and some life leeching. I'm running 13 pets now, and my mages cast a freeze spell every 10 seconds that just melts or stuns everything. The pets are also buffed to the point that they almost never die. Couple that with Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion, and hordes just melt before my eyes.

I'm not in a super hurry to finish the campaign because I don't plan on rolling an alt until Season 1. So I'm just taking this character as far as he can go before that, trying to get all the side quests and dungeons knocked out. I know I should probably finish the campaign just so I can bump things up to World Tier 3, but it's just so much fun being OP. :D
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:12 pm I've been bouncing back and forth between campaign, side quests, and dungeons with my 52 Necro, and he's coasting on easy mode now. I fixed the squishyness with resists and some life leeching. I'm running 13 pets now, and my mages cast a freeze spell every 10 seconds that just melts or stuns everything. The pets are also buffed to the point that they almost never die. Couple that with Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion, and hordes just melt before my eyes.

I'm not in a super hurry to finish the campaign because I don't plan on rolling an alt until Season 1. So I'm just taking this character as far as he can go before that, trying to get all the side quests and dungeons knocked out. I know I should probably finish the campaign just so I can bump things up to World Tier 3, but it's just so much fun being OP. :D
My advice is to finish the campaign, bump up to T3, and then do a mix of side quests and other post campaign T3 events at the same time. Only because it will maximize your time and leveling might be faster.

Once you get to 60, you probably will be back to OP range. My guess.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote:
Jaddison wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:13 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:25 am I couldn't handle my stronghold boss in act 1 at level 20 last night after getting past the initial mobs (I don't think i got him below 50% even once). I wanted to solo it, but I think I'll be calling in the OO clan tonight for party assistance!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
yeah my Druid ran into that same thing...stood no chance against the final boss
My thought is that I'll level up and grab the barrier ability for defense, esp when he summons the mob.

I would have grabbed it earlier, but I think I was misreading it so that I thought it would take MY health and transfer it to the barrier rather than just *having* that much health! :oops:
Finally beat him last night after some respec to handle health and defense. It feels good to have rescued and begun to rebuild the ancestral druidic home and halls of knowledge!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

I finished the campaign last night and logged in this morning to try the capstone dungeon to open T3. Holy hell what a pain in the butt.
Spoiler:
It's a slog through the cathedral. Having to take out all those big knights, then go through a four-boss battle, then a mega boss battle...i think I'm going to respec back into a pet build, as I've found some pretty good gear, including one that has my ice mages cast a huge blizzard, and aother that allows two more mages.
**edited to say wow, that was some epic fat-finger typing going on there...

Also to say there is a nasty bug if you are a pet necro class, the end boss teleports away when hes down to about 10% health and never comes back. You can hear him, but there is no boss any more.

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I took Tor's advice and went ahead and finished the campaign. I realized that the Tier 2 drops just stop scaling so I was only getting Level 40 junk even at 53.

I really loved the story here. I know it wasn't some masterpiece of literature, but I *understood* it, and that's more than I can say for any other Diablo game. Plus I thought Lillith was an incredibly cool villain, and I grew quite attached to the friendly characters you meet along the way. I also loved the heavy horror elements - D4 goes to some really dark places, and as a horror fan I loved it.

I do have some criticisms of the game, overall. As much as I love the open world, it had some drawbacks. The normal dungeons are smaller and less interesting than in D3, and there were times where the world and even the dungeons felt sparsely populated. Also I think the linearity of D3 made it feel like each new region was completely fresh and new. In D4, the ability to travel anywhere made the world blend into one bland brown mess - I never truly felt like areas were completely distinct.

I love a lot about the game over D3, and I think that will certainly continue to be the case post-campaign. However, the game definitely feels like a slight iteration over D3 that mostly plays it safe.

[Edit] Also, the Capstone Dungeon was a total cakewalk. That's not a brag, that's an example of how stupidly overpowered and outleveled I was for endgame. I don't think I even used a heal potion in there. MORE than ready for World Tier III.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

YellowKing wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:34 pm I took Tor's advice and went ahead and finished the campaign. I realized that the Tier 2 drops just stop scaling so I was only getting Level 40 junk even at 53.

I really loved the story here. I know it wasn't some masterpiece of literature, but I *understood* it, and that's more than I can say for any other Diablo game. Plus I thought Lillith was an incredibly cool villain, and I grew quite attached to the friendly characters you meet along the way. I also loved the heavy horror elements - D4 goes to some really dark places, and as a horror fan I loved it.

I do have some criticisms of the game, overall. As much as I love the open world, it had some drawbacks. The normal dungeons are smaller and less interesting than in D3, and there were times where the world and even the dungeons felt sparsely populated. Also I think the linearity of D3 made it feel like each new region was completely fresh and new. In D4, the ability to travel anywhere made the world blend into one bland brown mess - I never truly felt like areas were completely distinct.

I love a lot about the game over D3, and I think that will certainly continue to be the case post-campaign. However, the game definitely feels like a slight iteration over D3 that mostly plays it safe.

[Edit] Also, the Capstone Dungeon was a total cakewalk. That's not a brag, that's an example of how stupidly overpowered and outleveled I was for endgame. I don't think I even used a heal potion in there. MORE than ready for World Tier III.
What class were you running? My necro couldn't finish the last dungeon because of a bug they still haven't fixed. Apparently pet classes cause the end boss of the capstone to vanish when he's around 10% health, so even though I finished the story with my necro I haven't been able to graduate to T3 yet.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:39 pm What class were you running? My necro couldn't finish the last dungeon because of a bug they still haven't fixed. Apparently pet classes cause the end boss of the capstone to vanish when he's around 10% health, so even though I finished the story with my necro I haven't been able to graduate to T3 yet.
No issues in the capstone dungeon for my summoner necro.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Same, I was running a pet Necro. No issues. Possible they stealth patched it?
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Hmm...I'll try it again tonight, then. Thanks for the heads up!

EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:13 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:47 pm There is a Ezeh that applied in the OO clan. Anyone know him/her?
From the clan thread:
EzeKieL wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:11 pm Sent a request : Ezehoia
Close...
Yeah sorry about the names stuff :oops:

But thanks for adding me!
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Me: Oh neat, a new dungeon. Light's Watch? Sounds fun!

<completes it>

Me (the next day): Oh, what's this unfinished dungeon showing up on my map this morning? Wait....Light's Watch? I thought I...well, never mind. Guess I'll do it again.

<completes it>

Me (the next day): Hail citizen with blue exclamation point over their head. What can my humble rogue do for you today?

Quest giver: I need some books from Light's Watch!

Me: Well..er....well, okay then. Back to Light's Watch it is!

<completes it>

Me (the next day): Hail quest giver. What can I do for you today. And if you say...

Quest Giver: I need some stuff from Light's Watch!

Me: ...Light's Wa....GOD DAMN IT!
Covfefe!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yeah after a tough boss fight for my druid in light's watch that I only beat with $iljanus help the first time, I was rather curious/ annoyed to get a quest to go back there. And there's more than one? Grr.

I guess I had better go collect then all....

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FYI, there is a Twitch drop campaign for Diablo 4 right now. Link to details.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:22 am Yeah after a tough boss fight for my druid in light's watch that I only beat with $iljanus help the first time, I was rather curious/ annoyed to get a quest to go back there. And there's more than one? Grr.

I guess I had better go collect then all....

Well, the 4th one in my post was just me jokin' around a bit after I went through the entire thing 3 times over the weekend. But I fully expect someone to send me back there yet again! :D
Covfefe!
malchior

Post by malchior »

Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:39 pm
YellowKing wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:34 pm I took Tor's advice and went ahead and finished the campaign. I realized that the Tier 2 drops just stop scaling so I was only getting Level 40 junk even at 53.

What class were you running? My necro couldn't finish the last dungeon because of a bug they still haven't fixed. Apparently pet classes cause the end boss of the capstone to vanish when he's around 10% health, so even though I finished the story with my necro I haven't been able to graduate to T3 yet.
Guess I lucked out here since I sacrificed my pets early for the buffs on my necro build. I just knocked that out this morning. I won't lie but even with an overpowered character I felt like the last act and the capstone were just grinds. Glad to get up to WT3 and change up the build now.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Is there a charge for changing your build after finishing the campaign and going to tier 3?

Also, can different characters be on different world tiers?

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Pyperkub wrote:Is there a charge for changing your build after finishing the campaign and going to tier 3?
There's always the standard charge of refunding allocated skill points, if that's what you mean.
Pyperkub wrote:Also, can different characters be on different world tiers?
Yes, absolutely.

I'm now on the tedious grind of hunting down all the Altars of Lilith. There are plenty of maps out there showing where they are - I'm not about to run around trying to find them all myself.

However, I feel like it's a worthwhile endeavor considering every one is buffing every character you ever roll. Just gotta suck it up. I'm trying to alleviate the tedium by doing the ones in side quest areas first so I can work on both.

Also I beat my first World Boss last night. Those are a blast. If you see a World Boss pop up on the map, drop everything and go. Mine dropped 2 Legendaries and a Legendary Cache and it was easy-peasy with 20 people beating on him.