Opening scene in JAWS

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

em2nought

Opening scene in JAWS

Post by em2nought »

After seeing the video of the Russian in Egypt apparently the opening scene in JAWS was dead on balls accurate! :shock: I guess I'm never getting back in the ocean, even for Spanish treasure. The River Monsters dude better not try swimming with Tiger Sharks.
Stop funding for NPR
Blackhawk

Re: Opening scene in JAWS

Post by Blackhawk »

TTIWWL.

This thread is worthless without links.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

You don't want to see it. It's pretty horrible.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Only marginally related but I've been to the location where this happened.
Hurghada is described as a resort town but having been there, I would never be excited to return.
Of course, that was 30 years ago and a lot could have changed.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Russians just cant go anywhere these days. Not seen the vid..not sure I want to. Once seen cant be unseen.

As for the JAWS stuff..as a small kid of about 9 or 10 I had a white t-shirt with that scene on it and JAWS written big. It was the naked woman swimming with JAWS coming up at her from underneath the water. My school kicked me out that day for wearing it and made me go home and change. Made mom mad so she didn't make me return that day . Had fun out playing lol. I wish I still had that shirt.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:40 pm

As for the JAWS stuff..as a small kid of about 9 or 10 I had a white t-shirt with that scene on it and JAWS written big. It was the naked woman swimming with JAWS coming up at her from underneath the water. My school kicked me out that day for wearing it and made me go home and change. Made mom mad so she didn't make me return that day . Had fun out playing lol. I wish I still had that shirt.
Back in college, there was a clothing brand called Fuct. They made a shirt of the Jaws poster with a large naked woman coming up from under the water to attack a small shark. I found it hilarious. My mom when it ended up in the laundry pile when I was home for the summer, not so much. It mysteriously shrunk.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

McNutt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:45 am You don't want to see it. It's pretty horrible.
If anything, it's actually worse than the opening scene. :shock: I'm not sure I should have watched it, and I didn't want to be the one that provided the link to it. :shock:
Stop funding for NPR
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I don't blame you.

Of course, it didn't help make sense of the thread for people who weren't familiar with it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

That’s nothing compared to the Russian lathe accident.
18-1™ & 2-0
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:40 pm Russians just cant go anywhere these days. Not seen the vid..not sure I want to. Once seen cant be unseen.

Back when I was in 5th grade (1980) , a really cute girl moved into town - Samantha... I invited her to my birthday party. She gave me a black-t-shirt with this exact movie image on it:
Enlarge Image
With some custom, slightly fuzzy, lettering on the T-Shirt that simply read: "TEN"

My god, Samantha, was the one that got away. Didn't hurt that Samantha basically looked like a 10-year-old bo derek to my 10-year-old self.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Trent Steel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:40 pm That’s nothing compared to the Russian lathe accident.
It's almost as if people are the problem.