Need help. Weird issue.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Need help. Weird issue.

Post by Punisher »

Having a weird issue. Started several montgs ago but was only once in a while. It's now happening every minute or so.
My pc is registering a keypress, like constant 4s for an example. I narrowed it down to a devuce unders keybiards in the device manager.
The device comes up as
on bluetooth low energy gatt compliant hid device
If i uninstall that device it clears up for minute then automatically comes back.
It won't let me disable it or delete the driver.
The drivers listed are kbdclass.sys and kbdhid.sys
I think thoush are used for orher keyboards. I tried deleting and move them but neither worked.
I tried updating drivers but not only did it not jelp but my Bluetooth mouse now disconnects every few minutes and I have to turn it off and on.
I might have done other things but cant remember off hand
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
LordMortis

Re: Need help. Weird issue.

Post by LordMortis »

What devices show up under your "Bluetooth and other devices" does the problem go away if you turn bluetooth off there? What happens if you disconnect your mouse? New battery? New pairing? If you only have one bluetooth device, the suggestion to me is it a signal from you mouse somehow.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

IIRC, turning bt off completely helps but right now both my moyse and keyboard are bt so that messes me up a bit.
Although through my troubleshooting today i somehow lost the bt keyboard completely. I have to look up how to re-pair it.
All bt devices listed are accounted for.
If i tirn 9ff bt keyboard it still happens. If I turn off bt mouse it still happens.
I need to double-check turnimg off bt completely.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Punisher wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:57 pm Having a weird issue. Started several montgs ago but was only once in a while. It's now happening every minute or so.
My pc is registering a keypress, like constant 4s for an example. I narrowed it down to a devuce unders keybiards in the device manager.
The device comes up as
on bluetooth low energy gatt compliant hid device
If i uninstall that device it clears up for minute then automatically comes back.
It won't let me disable it or delete the driver.
The drivers listed are kbdclass.sys and kbdhid.sys
I think thoush are used for orher keyboards. I tried deleting and move them but neither worked.
I tried updating drivers but not only did it not jelp but my Bluetooth mouse now disconnects every few minutes and I have to turn it off and on.
I might have done other things but cant remember off hand
It could indicate a potential keylogger attack on your system:
MakeUseOf.com wrote:What Are the Signs of a Keylogger Attack?

There are several indications of a keylogger attack on your system. Here are the most common ones:
  • You may notice that your computer is unusually slow or unstable. This is usually a sign of malicious software running in the background.
  • You might also find that your keyboard is typing the wrong characters or keys are not working properly.
  • Another sign is if you notice any strange software installed on your device that you don't remember downloading.
  • You could also receive suspicious pop-up windows on your screen that you don't recognize.
  • You might notice that your online accounts have been accessed without your knowledge, which could be a sign of keyloggers or another compromise.
So, I'd suggest scanning your system using the free ESET Online Scanner and/or Emsisoft Emergency Kit to see if anything suspicious shows up.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Thanks. I'll try that. It seems like it mostly just does 4s. Occasionally I have seen 3s. It's never switched while that bt device was running, only after I uninstalled it and it started back up.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Punisher wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:59 pm IIRC, turning bt off completely helps but right now both my moyse and keyboard are bt so that messes me up a bit.
Although through my troubleshooting today i somehow lost the bt keyboard completely. I have to look up how to re-pair it.
If i tirn 9ff bt keyboard it still happens. If I turn off bt mouse it still happens.
keyboard is BT? Then battery for that and canned air to the keys/picked it up about six inches and drop it on a hardish surface before turning it upside down and shaking it. Something is jammed/causing them to stick and either neither to be dislodged or the pressure spots needs to be unstuck. If you have another keyboard somewhere, take the BT keyboard out of range and try a different one.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:19 am
Punisher wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:59 pm IIRC, turning bt off completely helps but right now both my moyse and keyboard are bt so that messes me up a bit.
keyboard is BT? Then battery for that and canned air to the keys/picked it up about six inches and drop it on a hardish surface before turning it upside down and shaking it. Something is jammed/causing them to stick and either neither to be dislodged or the pressure spots needs to be unstuck. If you have another keyboard somewhere, take the BT keyboard out of range and try a different one.
That was my first thought. Stuck keys happen. I don't drop mine, but I hold them sideways vertically and tap them on something a few times. Then pop off the 3 and 4 keys (that's what's giving you trouble, right?) and clean out the area with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol (including - carefully, and without too much alcohol, the hole the key goes in if there is one.) Take the two keys in a scrub them in the sink.

I've also seen keyboard software (if it has it) break and repeat keys that way.

It's also possible that the keyboard is just going bad.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I thought about a stuck key as well but cleaned both the built in keyboard and my main bt one.
Plus, if it was stuck on the br one wouldn't stop happening if the keyboard was off?
I even turned it iff, rebooted the pc, left the keyboard off and after a few minutes it came hack abyway.
Plus my bt keyboard is completely disconnected and not working now and i have to try looking up how to pair it again.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yank all the usb connections and wait.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:10 pm Yank all the usb connections and wait.
Hmm. Didn't think of that. Cirrerunning eset scan and in bed. Will try to remember that tomorrow.
IIRC thought. I think I'm only using usb to charge various things that are turned off.