Diablo 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Diablo 4

Post by Daehawk »

Ah ok thank you. Good to know.

Also it appears by completing a dungeon I get a reward of a bonus stat or skill? Like chance to have a protective bubble appear over me and such. I have that now..its handy. I had something in the last dungeon track me down and bring me to ground. I mean I used all my potions running backwards and still died to it. Im not sure even what it was as I went back after dying and it was gone. Its as if the game knew I couldn't handle that and removed it from my path. Eery . A.I. is watching you.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:21 pm Ah ok thank you. Good to know.

Also it appears by completing a dungeon I get a reward of a bonus stat or skill? Like chance to have a protective bubble appear over me and such. I have that now..its handy. I had something in the last dungeon track me down and bring me to ground. I mean I used all my potions running backwards and still died to it. Im not sure even what it was as I went back after dying and it was gone. Its as if the game knew I couldn't handle that and removed it from my path. Eery . A.I. is watching you.
You got the infamous bubble shield (an amulet) for a quest. You get a Legendary Aspect for completing dungeons. Legendary Aspects can be added to gear at the occultist in town. I'd recommend only doing it with the most powerful for your build, and I'd recommend limiting them to legendary rings and amulets (because you replace them less often.) But be aware that they're very, very expensive. The material you use is only acquired by scrapping other legendary items. It might be smart to do it as little as possible prior to the endgame.

As for the last bit - it sounds like you met The Butcher, who can appear in any dungeon.

What doesn't kill me makes me stranger.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Should I be selling loot to gain money or should I continue to just scrap it all for materials and looks? I scrap it all right now when I hit town. I go through it all and see whats better than I have and scrap the rest...legendary included..Im wearing mostly legendary in act 1 so I dont even look at yellow con items. I will start looking at them again in act 2 because Im thinking then they will once again be better then my orange legendary stuff.

I cant craft anything yet or get a horse...seems those two thing are higher lvl or acts.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:22 pm Should I be selling loot to gain money or should I continue to just scrap it all for materials and looks? I scrap it all right now when I hit town. I go through it all and see whats better than I have and scrap the rest...legendary included..Im wearing mostly legendary in act 1 so I dont even look at yellow con items. I will start looking at them again in act 2 because Im thinking then they will once again be better then my orange legendary stuff.

I cant craft anything yet or get a horse...seems those two thing are higher lvl or acts.
Until you're close to 50, you'll occasionally replace legendaries with yellows.

Here's my routine when I hit town:

1. Check if anything has a transmog appearance (open the blacksmith an look for a pickaxe symbol.) You only learn the appearance if you scrap the item.
2. Sell one of each color item (one white, one blue, one yellow), avoiding anything that gives transmog. This gives you a little extra income.
3. Go to the Blacksmith and scrap all of the Common and Magic items (white and blue - use the named buttons on the left.) This leaves only yellows and legendaries.
4. Hit the sort button and check if there are any items I want.
5. Scrap absolutely everything else.

In addition, any legendaries that I'm not using I scrap, with the exception of any items that have an Aspect (the Legendary 'power') that I might want to use later. Those I take to the occultist and extract the Aspect, which also destroys the item. Now that they made gems craftable instead of drops (with rare exceptions), my stash has like three items in it - one season seal (or whatever they're called) that I can't use yet, and two gems.

Note: Scrapping an item with a gem in it returns the gem automatically - no need to manually remove it at the jeweler (which costs money.)

When I get to the endgame, if I find myself short on cash, I'll do a few runs where I sell things (except for legendaries - the rare materials you get from scrapping those are too important.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont pick anything under yellow up. I get so many I fill my inv on one run.

I got a pact thing..used it on my pants..cant figure what it does.

Also ran into vampire event but was along in the area. it had 3 pedestals that required 50 blood somethings each..I cleared the entire area twice and only had like 20 total lol. it ended after an hour. So missed out on whatever that was.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:22 pm Should I be selling loot to gain money or should I continue to just scrap it all for materials and looks? I scrap it all right now when I hit town. I go through it all and see whats better than I have and scrap the rest...legendary included..Im wearing mostly legendary in act 1 so I dont even look at yellow con items. I will start looking at them again in act 2 because Im thinking then they will once again be better then my orange legendary stuff.

Yeah, horsey will come pretty soon just following the main campaign. I think you can craft the weak potions at level 15, but I don’t remember. It never hurts to have a potion running, they give you 5% bonus xp on top of whatever the main effect is.

Oddly I recently noticed at higher levels you can craft “Incense” which I *think* stacks with the potion xp bonus? I haven’t tried it yet, but I find it odd I don’t think Incense was ever mentioned anywhere that I can recall. The entire crafting system could use some love IMHO. I mentioned this in a different post but it’s really odd how you collect tons of weird crap like ore and bones but they really don’t emphasize what these things are good for.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:13 pm I dont pick anything under yellow up. I get so many I fill my inv on one run.

I got a pact thing..used it on my pants..cant figure what it does.

Also ran into vampire event but was along in the area. it had 3 pedestals that required 50 blood somethings each..I cleared the entire area twice and only had like 20 total lol. it ended after an hour. So missed out on whatever that was.
I recommend picking it up anyway - at least the blues. There are crafting materials that that you will need, and you're better off collecting those as you go than having to farm them later, and after all - town portals are free and infinite. Also grab any and all herbs or ores you find.

And if you haven't, check in with the alchemist periodically (mortar and pestle on the minimap in town.) She'll upgrade your healing potion.
rittchard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:13 pm think you can craft the weak potions at level 15, but I don’t remember. It never hurts to have a potion running, they give you 5% bonus xp on top of whatever the main effect is.
This is good advice (and the in-game term for what he's describing is 'elixir' rather than 'potion' - potions are the term for the healing concoction.) For now, just craft a few of whatever weak elixir you can make the most of (ie - the cheapest), which is probably Weak Iron Barb Elixir. In addition to some mildly beneficial effect, it will give you+5% XP gain for 30 minutes, and lasts through death.

And make sure you look at the Renown (map screen/rewards button from that shot I posted earlier), claim your seasonal rewards if they didn't auto-claim, and invest your smoldering ashes (open the season panel up and click on the little circles on the left - this explains it.) These are all rewards you have earned (or will) that are independent of your normal progression - you'd might as well take 'em!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Should I be using that purple orb stuff I collect from kills on any particular gamble? When I have so much it wont let me pick up more I head to town and just gamble it all away on the I think 60 orb random chance item thing..never get anything worth keeping yet. Should I instead use it all on trying to get a good ring or armor or wep instead of the cheaper random chance?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:17 pm Should I be using that purple orb stuff I collect from kills on any particular gamble? When I have so much it wont let me pick up more I head to town and just gamble it all away on the I think 60 orb random chance item thing..never get anything worth keeping yet. Should I instead use it all on trying to get a good ring or armor or wep instead of the cheaper random chance?
Honestly, don't overthink gear before 50/finishing the campaign. When you hit the endgame, that's when you should start thinking about world tiers and high-end drops (and that's when the gambling becomes more important.) Until then, just use whatever you've got that doesn't suck. As for the oblobs... obos... boobs... whatever, don't let them go to waste. When they fill up, dump 'em on something useful, and scrap the stuff you don't need. As you near level 50 and the end of the campaign, you might consider just gambling enough to keep from overfilling (like spending half) so that you will have more to use when you're ready to get the gear that you'll take with you into the end game.

Disclaimer: I haven't hit the endgame yet. I've been trying to get an idea of how everything works so I can prepare, but I haven't seen it first hand, so I may be missing a nuance or two.

Tip: There are five points around the world where world bosses can spawn (small 'boss arena' areas), one in each region. Every few hours, you'll get a notification that a world boss is spawning in a particular region. If you go to that region and into the arena area before he spawns, you'll be able to help with the fight. You won't be able to get in if you wait until after the boss is active. You'll probably die a few times, but if you've participated the boss will drop a crap-ton of loot (usually multiple legendaries), and can drop super-rare materials.

The only thing is that in order to be able to make it there in time, you'll need to unlock the waypoint nearest each boss arena. Then, when you see "World boss spawning soon in Fractured Peaks", you can go to that waypoint, run to the arena, and clean up.

Here is a map. I can't share the filters, so click 'hide all' at the top, then click 'waypoints' under 'Locations', and then click 'world boss' down under 'Enemies.' That will let you see which portals you'll want to unlock if you want to play with the giant loot pinatas.If you look at the map I just linked, it also shows the time before the next world boss spawns. For Daehawk - they're like going to events in FO76.

For reference, the points are:

Corbach in Scosglen
Yelesna in Fractured Peaks
Zarbinzet in Hawezar
Tarsarak in Kehjistan
Ruins of Qara Yisu in Dry Steppes

A few have another point that's equally close. And you don't need to engage with any of the content in those areas - you can just run through them.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:35 pm Tip: There are five points around the world where world bosses can spawn (small 'boss arena' areas), one in each region. Every few hours, you'll get a notification that a world boss is spawning in a particular region. If you go to that region and into the arena area before he spawns, you'll be able to help with the fight. You won't be able to get in if you wait until after the boss is active. You'll probably die a few times, but if you've participated the boss will drop a crap-ton of loot (usually multiple legendaries), and can drop super-rare materials.
Or you can just use the tracker to see where and when the world boss (and helltide and legion) is coming next. It's not random. https://helltides.com/
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:47 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:35 pm Tip: There are five points around the world where world bosses can spawn (small 'boss arena' areas), one in each region. Every few hours, you'll get a notification that a world boss is spawning in a particular region. If you go to that region and into the arena area before he spawns, you'll be able to help with the fight. You won't be able to get in if you wait until after the boss is active. You'll probably die a few times, but if you've participated the boss will drop a crap-ton of loot (usually multiple legendaries), and can drop super-rare materials.
Or you can just use the tracker to see where and when the world boss (and helltide and legion) is coming next. It's not random. https://helltides.com/
If you know that there is such a tracker. Which I now do.

Thank you.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think they need an item con above Legendary. It would be super rare. Something like Godly con. Not sure what color to use.

I wish the maps in town would show the shop type instead of the proprietor name. The name is useless. I need to know the type of shop it is. The icons help but aren't detailed enough on their own. Let me hover the mouse and see Armorer or Curiosities instead of Bob and Joan.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:17 pm I think they need an item con above Legendary. It would be super rare. Something like Godly con. Not sure what color to use.
Gold. And they call them 'Uniques'. You won't see them before World Tier 3.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have this little saying in my head as I travel and am fighting.....when corpses start exploding the necromancer has had enough :) ..its like ok enough of this fight Ill waste copses I could use for minions as explosives to take you all out and move on. I like having that in my head. Im a necro and I love my class.

When I finish Ill go back months later and replay it all again as a caster wizard sorceress character. Then maybe a barb or something. Those are m classes and lineup. Always a necro first. They are just so fun and cool. Kinda sad no one to run with like the old days. But I dont like being hurried and passing story stuff up and skipping dialog. I like to enjoy my slow pace. To do everything.

I find myself wishing for a little loot imp or goblin. Someone to run along with me and pick everything up. Especially items like potions and swords and armor and gold.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

...which is why I have a solo character (rogue) for doing to campaign content, taking my time, seeing the sights, paying attention to the dialogue. I've also got a sorceress I've been playing with friends. I've made an effort to keep my solo character well ahead of where the group character is, as the group prefers to skip dialogue and beeline to objectives.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

As groups do.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I went from a snowy Act 1 darkness to a rainy Act 2 darkness.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Act III is set entirely in a hot tub.
Now depoliticized.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is it dark?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Diablo 4 spits out the loot at least. Diablo 3 felt loot starved all the time. The whole game felt like I wasn't finding anything. D4 pukes it out. Me like. Me happy. Even though I dont use most of it. I feel bad for the people naming all this stuff. Unless theres a bot ai random name generator.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:59 pm I feel bad for the people naming all this stuff. Unless theres a bot ai random name generator.
It's not AI, but it is random. Most games that have loot like this, from World of Warcraft to Borderlands, have a loot generation that's some variant of the Diablo system.

A purely made-up example.

Table 1: Item

You have a sword. It hits things with a sharp edge.
You have a mace. It hits things with a flange.
You have a spear. It pokes things with a point.

---------------

Table 2: Prefixes

Buccaneer's - fast attack speed.
Guardian - adds to defense.
Flaming - chance to add fire damage

--------------

Table 3: Affixes

Thirsting - heals you for X% of the damage you do
Entropy - slows the target's attacks on hit
Puncturing - causes the target to bleed

-------------

You kill an enemy. He drops four items. Each one gets one item from each list:

Buccaneer's Mace of Entropy: A mace with a fast attack speed that slows enemies
Flaming Spear of of Thirsting: A spear that causes fire damage and heals you
Guardian Mace of Entropy: A mace that adds to your defense and slows enemies
Flaming Sword of Puncturing: A sword that causes bleeding and fire damage

-------------

Most effects also have a random element.

Flaming: Chance to add (10-15) fire damage
Thirsting: Heal for (3%-7%) of damage dealt

So each Flaming weapon does 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 points of damage. So if you really wanted that Flaming Mace of Thirsting, you might have to find a dozen or more before you got one that's got high percentages on both bonuses.

In Borderlands, for instance, each piece of the gun (barrel, stock, magazine, sight, etc) changes the stats and/or adds certain qualities, and each one adjusts the name. So rather than sit there and design bazillions of guns, they make a random generator that creates bazillions of guns on the fly.

Diablo 4 does something similar, although I honestly haven't paid that much attention to the naming system - I've played so many games like this that seem to gloss over it. I should probably stop and read the roses.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Reached lvl 100 with a firewall sorceress. Really fun character to play and rather easy skills to figure out. I defeated all five season bosses multiple times. I loved that each boss requires their own mats and each boss drops their own loot tables. Great additions to the end game. I can do lvl 70 nightmare dungeons without dying. I pretty much melt mobs instantly in the blood harvest and helltide areas. I've got all but one unique item that I want for my character to "complete" it. I've found no uber uniques, unfortunately. I need to do three more objectives to finish the last season chapter. My last goals are to finish the season chapters and find my last unique item. Then I'll either make another character or play some wow while waiting for season 3.

Overall season 2 was a huge step forward compared to the base game and season one. It was also nice that Blizzard added new things during season 2 and not just bug and balance fixes. I hope that continues.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm still plugging away. I'd like to finish at least one season, but my time lately has been divided - I'm still working on the campaign, and only hit 50 last night.

I will say that the campaign improved quite a bit once I got out of the Act 1 (I really didn't enjoy the theme for that part.)
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:00 pm I'm still plugging away. I'd like to finish at least one season, but my time lately has been divided - I'm still working on the campaign, and only hit 50 last night.

I will say that the campaign improved quite a bit once I got out of the Act 1 (I really didn't enjoy the theme for that part.)
Nice! Keep going. You are on the cusp of the real game. World 3 is where the game begins.

What makes season 2 good is the world 3 and 4 events have synergies. Meaning you are killing two birds or more with one objective. That took away the dreaded 'grind' feeling which kills the fun out of a game. Getting to 100 did not seem like a grind. I always had something meaningful to do rather than killing mobs just to level up.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm still in the stage right now where I'm watching all the fun stuff happen without me, as I have yet to finish the campaign. Much of the content is locked behind finishing the campaign and unlocking the higher tiers.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:31 pm I'm still in the stage right now where I'm watching all the fun stuff happen without me, as I have yet to finish the campaign. Much of the content is locked behind finishing the campaign and unlocking the higher tiers.
I definitely felt like the core campaign didn’t get enough kudos, I thought they did a great job with it. But unfortunately as it happens in this genre, for better or worse, most of the attention is focused on everything that happens after.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive just started act 2. Ive not done any season stuff or anything. Just doing the story line and the random dungeon if the reward is for a necromancer. I dont bother with the other ones. Im getting plenty of exp just walking around the lands cause Ill walk around a hill and kill a mob then when I walk back around where I was a new set of mobs have already spawned. Its kinda nuts. Im always killing stuff with no relief. Its why I have to quit and log out every now thing..it get a little boring . My undead army is strong enough I can just stand there and walk on through most times..I somethimes help if its a big lot of enemies or I go around grabbing gold. I still wish I had a little minion for gold collection. ive got to where I skipp going to get it if its near the edge of my screen and Im going the other direction. I have over 1 million in gold as is and Im salvaging most stuff too.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What World Tier (difficulty) are you on? It says right above your quest list.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Without looking Id say lowest 1
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

The last time I played a couple of days ago I finished the capstone dungeon and set the world to tier 3. My Druid is level 49 and I’ll probably get some good playtime tomorrow.

Hopefully I can start finding some sacred gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:09 pm Without looking Id say lowest 1
If you're getting bored because you can just let your pets handle the game, you seriously might want to bump it up to normal. You change it at the big statue in Kyovashad. A more reasonable challenge (although I'm still finding II to be really easy), better drops, better XP.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Also, if you do decide to join the clan, post here after you send the request so that someone can hop on and approve it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

what clan? who do I msg? Is it an OO clan?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:54 pm what clan? who do I msg? Is it an OO clan?
It is.

I believe that if you go into the menu (probably the map/etc menu) and look for 'join clan' you'll be able to find it. It's <OO>Octopusoverlords (not sure on the spacing.) Make sure you post (or PM) your bnet and/or character name if it isn't obvious.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Or just look at this post from a couple of weeks ago...
Blackhawk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:46 am
Daehawk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:29 pm [Stuff]
If you're playing now, make sure you look up the OO clan! Just look for the 'clan' tab.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I turned my difficulty up. I died like 8 times in the next side quest dungeon hehee
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:48 pm I turned my difficulty up. I died like 8 times in the next side quest dungeon hehee
Once you get the hang of your build, you'll quickly find it easy again.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Anyone buy this on STEAM? Any issues/concerns playing it?

With the routine 40% off through Steam, thinking of getting it for my birthday.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:48 pm I turned my difficulty up. I died like 8 times in the next side quest dungeon hehee
Once you get the hang of your build, you'll quickly find it easy again.
I did . It is now like Id had it at this difficulty from the start and more fun. I dont play it like I played the others. I played them to death ...this one Im casually playing a bit here a bit there.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Zenn7 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:38 pm Anyone buy this on STEAM? Any issues/concerns playing it?

With the routine 40% off through Steam, thinking of getting it for my birthday.
For me it seems to perform better through Steam. Battlenet login not through Steam takes a while and then the logout takes a long time. Steam much better for D4 in my opinion