Light No Fire

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Alefroth

Light No Fire

Post by Alefroth »

Hello Games' next game, Light No Fire.

https://www.eurogamer.net/no-mans-sky-s ... ht-no-fire
How do you follow-up a game that attempts to simulate an entire universe for your exploratory enjoyment? Hello Games has just answered that very question with the reveal of its next title, Light No Fire, a co-operative adventure set on a procedurally generated fantasy planet.

Specifics are limited at present, but Hello describes Light No Fire as a game about "adventure, building, survival and exploration together" set on an ancient fantasy planet the size of Earth, that "brings the depth of a role playing game to the freedom of a survival sandbox".
As far as they've come with No Man's Sky, I was looking forward to their next project. Unfortunately, this just looks like a vaguely fantasy-themed No Man's Sky.

Exodor

Re: Light No Fire

Post by Exodor »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:58 pm Hello Games' next game, Light No Fire.

this just looks like a vaguely fantasy-themed No Man's Sky.
Sounds awesome to me. I hope we get a release date soon!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Looks incredible. NME had a remarkable turnaround and I would assume they learned lessons on what not to do for this one.

Really excited for this!
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Vaguely interested in this one. My son bought No Man's Sky early, so I got to play it a bit before the waves of patching started. I could see it had potential but I really wasn't into it.

This one might be interesting.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Just based on hearsay alone, I’m not sure I know of a title that flipped so dramatically from ‘trash at launch’ to ‘amazing’ after patches. Referring to No Man’s Sky.

And from what I understand, it wasn’t due to bugs (at least mostly). Which makes a turnaround like that even more impressive.

Civ V kinda did that, though I wouldn’t say it got thrashed on release like NMS did. But to me personally they took that game from ‘I’ll just keep playing Civ IV, thankyouverymuch’ to ‘best Civ ever made’. Via (paid) expansions, not patches, though, which matters.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:53 am Just based on hearsay alone, I’m not sure I know of a title that flipped so dramatically from ‘trash at launch’ to ‘amazing’ after patches.
Final Fantasy XIV is probably the best example of recovering from a disastrous launch, even better than NMS imo.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:52 pm Looks incredible. NME had a remarkable turnaround and I would assume they learned lessons on what not to do for this one.

Really excited for this!
Same. I never got [deeply] into NMS for various and sundry reasons, but even at my relatively low amount of time with the game, it was very obvious and impressive how great a job they did to eventually bring the thing up to par with expectations/promises, and then to just keep on exceeding them.

I'm looking forward to what they can do with a clean slate and all those lessons and experience behind them.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Also...

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:52 pm Looks incredible. NME had a remarkable turnaround and I would assume they learned lessons on what not to do for this one.
That's why I was looking forward to what they were doing next. This doesn't look different enough to excite me.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:54 pm That's why I was looking forward to what they were doing next. This doesn't look different enough to excite me.
See, I'm the exact opposite. I dabbled with NMS several times and enjoyed the general gameplay, but ultimately lost interest because the sci-fi theme didn't really grab me.

That same formula with high fantasy? Might be the equivalent of digital crack. They don't even really need to do much different...just plug in swords, spells, and dragons.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I didn't really get a high fantasy vibe from it. It looked like a hybrid sci-fi/fantasy setting to me, with a really vibrant palette similar to NMS. I'll definitely play because I think they can put together a really good game, and after all they did with NMS, they deserve the support.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I enjoyed my time in NMS (even at launch), but I'm holding off on getting excited about this until there are more details about just what sort of multiplayer game it is going to be. I'm not all that keen on anything that leans too much in the MMO direction. My enthusiasm for sharing a virtual planet with people who are into creative griefing is limited.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch