Blue Eye Samurai [Netflix]

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Blue Eye Samurai [Netflix]

Post by Zaxxon »

We've had limited discussion of Blue Eye Samurai within the Netflix thread, but it's too good to let rest there. In the vein of Arcane, this one needs its own thread--especially now that we know we're getting a second season.

Best option: stop reading now, and go watch it. Then come back. Hell, Netflix was confident enough in this one to make the first episode free on Youtube, so you don't even have to leave this page!

Next best option: Watch the trailer, wonder why you hadn't yet flown off to view Blue Eye Samurai, then go watch the show:

Worst option (but still worth it if you need it!): watch some analysis/discussion, then correct your wayward ways and go watch the show.

I haven't gotten this hooked on anything Netflix since Arcane. This one is wildly different (and way more NSFW) and has a very different animation style, but I kept being reminded of that show while watching this one, as it has similarly-great writing and an incredible attention to detail in its animation.

8/8 tentatcles, will watch again (and I hope at least a couple of you watch it through this callout).
hepcat

Re: Blue Eye Samurai [Netflix]

Post by hepcat »

Well now, I had it on my watchlist but haven't gotten around to actually watching it yet. I guess I need to rectify that, don't I.
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:20 pm Well now, I had it on my watchlist but haven't gotten around to actually watching it yet. I guess I need to rectify that, don't I.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I watched the first ep. Knew the reveal from the beginning..or guessed it. BES is cool.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I neglected to mention the soundtrack, but it's also pretty very good.

Malificent

Post by Malificent »

Yay for a dedicated thread! What I love about this series is that it somehow both honors and respects the tropes for these stories while simultaneously upending them.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:51 pm We've had limited discussion of Blue Eye Samurai within the Netflix thread, but it's too good to let rest there. In the vein of Arcane, this one needs its own thread--especially now that we know we're getting a second season.

Best option: stop reading now, and go watch it. Then come back. Hell, Netflix was confident enough in this one to make the first episode free on Youtube, so you don't even have to leave this page!

8/8 tentatcles, will watch again (and I hope at least a couple of you watch it through this callout).
Yep, I thought it was great. A bit uneven in places, but overall very, very good. Like anime for western adults. If another season's coming, I'll definitely be watching it.

8/8 tentacticles as well.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I'd watch it but I dont have Netflix. I have Paramount+
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »