Assassin's Creed Red

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Moliere

Assassin's Creed Red

Post by Moliere »

Moliere wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:10 pm Publisher: We need a new Assassin's Creed game!
1st Developer throws a dart at the map.
2nd Developer throws a dart at a timeline of world history.
3rd Developer reskins the character costumes and scenery.
10 minutes later a new thread is born.
Looks like the first dart landed on Japan. The second dart landed on the Feudal era.

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Rumpy

Re: Assassin's Creed Red

Post by Rumpy »

I think this is perhaps the Assassin's Creed people have been waiting for the most, as I know players have been clamoring for one set in Japan for decades now.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Japan? Really? Don't we have enough feudal Japan games at the moment? I'd think dynastic China would be much fresher and more interesting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems awfully soon. Aren't we awash in AssCreed games? I just reinstalled Odyssey yesterday and started a new game. I was playing it only 2 days when my wife died and never went back to it until now. Its not as I remember it ...not sure if they'd patched stuff in or my memory is just shit for that time..which Im sure is most of it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Depends on what you consider soon. Mirage just came out, and I'd expect the next big AC release to be right around the corner. Sounds about right to me, if the release date is indeed right. This would have been in development for several years already.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Assassin’s Creed Peoria. I’m just sayin’.
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:18 pm Japan? Really?
Since they've already done AC Pirates it stands to reason that they're going to do AC Ninjas.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Joking aside, I’m honestly surprised it took them this long.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:18 pm Japan? Really? Don't we have enough feudal Japan games at the moment? I'd think dynastic China would be much fresher and more interesting.
Because there's a market for feudal Japan, and there never was for China - and that was before the current political climate regarding same.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:35 am
Alefroth wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:18 pm Japan? Really? Don't we have enough feudal Japan games at the moment? I'd think dynastic China would be much fresher and more interesting.
Because there's a market for feudal Japan, and there never was for China - and that was before the current political climate regarding same.
No market for feudal China?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:24 am
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:35 am
No market for feudal China?
Of course there is, unless you're taking what I said 100% literally. There's a market for premodern Inuit history, Cossack history, and a hundred others, including Chinese history. But compared to the market for katana/ninja/samurai? Their goal isn't to tell stories about cool periods of history, their goal is to sell millions of copies of games. See how long it takes to find five Nipponophiles. Now go see how long it takes to find five Sinophiles. Japan sells.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I've always assumed that if they were ever to do an AC set in China, that it'd be set during the era where the Great Wall is being built. Could have the Mongol invaders allied with the Templars.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think a modern day setting for a China based Assassin's Creed would be kind of cool. Avoiding the government and all that. It would add a whole new level of danger and suspicion.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id like a more modern day setting in the US. Say NYC where your character is in the 1930s with the mafia and such around.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Too bad, I thought Red might mean during the Russian Revolotution.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:34 pm Id like a more modern day setting in the US. Say NYC where your character is in the 1930s with the mafia and such around.
That will likely never happen. I remember reading that the developers have said they don't want to get too close to modern settings due to politics. The closest to a modern setting was the quick bit in Syndicate when you're brought to WWII London.
Jaddison wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:42 pm Too bad, I thought Red might mean during the Russian Revolotution.

They already did one, but it was one of the side-scrollers. It was part of a AC sidescroller trilogy featuring China, India and Russia. I've only played the one set in China and it was just Ok. Kind of played like the original sidescrolling Prince of Persia games, but with added stealth.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti