[TV] SyFy - Resident Alien

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

disarm

Re: [TV] SyFy - Resident Alien

Post by disarm »

And for those without SyFy, the new episodes are available on Peacock on Thursdays this season (along with the first two seasons).

We recently cancelled YouTube TV and get Peacock free with Xfinity internet, so being able to watch the new episodes a day later on another service works out great.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

disarm wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:39 pm And for those without SyFy, the new episodes are available on Peacock on Thursdays this season (along with the first two seasons).

We recently cancelled YouTube TV and get Peacock free with Xfinity internet, so being able to watch the new episodes a day later on another service works out great.
Season 3 is also on Bravo, it would appear.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Our DVR recorded it off USA instead of SYFY for whatever reason.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I missed this thread when it first popped up apparently, but I just watched the Pilot episode. Wow. That was awesome. Tudyk can do no wrong.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I wish it had started with a brief recap for those of us who can't remember TV plots and characters after a year-plus hiatus. But this isn't War & Peace so I was able to pick up the threads by the end of the episode. I chuckled when
Spoiler:
Alan Tudyk reminded the Gray that the "alien covenants" (or something like that) specify that aliens can't reveal themselves to native populations, or reveal the presence of other aliens. Apparently all the races in the galaxy identify as "aliens". :lol:

Glad this show is back.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

“I’m just makin’ some Judy soup.” :lol:
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This season is just knocking it out ofthe park for me so far.
Spoiler:
The entire bit about avoiding damaging Harry’s house in a fight with the grey alien mainly because he wanted to avoid the refrigerator repair guy who talks too much made me giggle. :lol:
Last edited by hepcat on Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

hepcat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:27 pm This season is just knocking it out ofthe park for me so far.
The first two episodes of Season 3 are so much better than anything from Season 2.

I love this show again. :wub:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I didn't want to say that, but season 2 did feel like a letdown after season 1. I think taking the show outside the small town Harry lives in was a mistake. They need to keep it focused within that community of oddballs. They've built a fantastic supporting cast.
He won. Period.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

hepcat wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:48 pm I didn't want to say that, but season 2 did feel like a letdown after season 1. I think taking the show outside the small town Harry lives in was a mistake. They need to keep it focused within that community of oddballs. They've built a fantastic supporting cast.
I read somewhere that they let the actors do more improv in Season 2 - I don't know if that's true or has anything to do with the perceived decline in quality but Season 3 is a lot more funny so far. Season 2 seemed so concerned with the plot they kinda forgot the show is supposed to be funny.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And episode 3 continues to bring the funny. I can’t even begin to pick a favorite line. They just came fast and furious the entire episode. Mostly from the great Tudyk, but Judy Pooper and the Sheriff got in some funny lines as well. :lol:
He won. Period.