Elon Musk

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Elon Musk

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Donald Trump, Seeking Cash Infusion, Meets With Elon Musk

Thing us, he won't have to give Trump a dime. Just put a thumb on the scale at Xtwitter. Then he gets an appointment and lots of regulatory favors. And more subsidies.

Spoiler:
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:42 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:52 pm
It turns out that in addition to his manic tweeting about various hot button issues, Elon Musk is involved in a lot of specific legal disputes with the federal government where he'll get a lot more money if Trump wins.
This is a deep state smear against the future Transportation Secretary.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Musk is so eager to flirt with racism that he doesn't even understand his own arguments.

If you have an AI in a position to kill people in the first place, you have much bigger problems than its choices in visual representation.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

It's clear that any AI that is tasked with a specific directive, will evolve to kill off the entire human race. But only if that task is equal rights and protections and representation for everyone.

Anything else, it's impossible for the AI to run amok. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it, sweetheart.

Infuriating that he isn't shouted down every time he opens his freakin' mouth. Or twitter account.

edit: This is how I agree with you, Holman.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Oh, the genius Elon discovered Instrumental Convergence! He's the king of AI now!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:13 pm Infuriating that he isn't shouted down every time he opens his freakin' mouth. Or twitter account.

edit: This is how I agree with you, Holman.
Sadly it seems to be just the opposite. The choderiders are going hard in that thread,
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Well I didn't look, but I would just assume that's the case all the time, about everything, because that's the world we live in now.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:25 pm Oh, the genius Elon discovered Instrumental Convergence! He's the king of AI now!
Thank you Lawbeef, that was a very informative link. It's clear that Instrumental Convergence occurs only in specific cases, but all those cases have woke in their name, for some reason.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Observers have noticed that Musk often tweets his most unhinged and foot-shooting tweets in little clusters. They might vary widely in topics, but they're focused together in time. The best assumption is that he does this when he's high.

This would be merely sad and amusing if it weren't also likely the case that other online actors are using these periods to manipulate him for information or action in ways that benefit them.

We all live in Elon's dorm room now.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Musk has recently indulged in a spate of approving/amplifying far-right and outright racist memes and arguments. Due to his command of the Twitter algorithm and his massive army of sycophants & bots, everything he posts/quotes is catapulted to the top of everyone's Twitter feed.

It finally crystalized for me why this is so annoying: Musk is the ultimate drive-by shitposter.

Even he pays lip service to the idea that social media's great virtue is the opening of minds to all sorts of ideas and to discussion about them. It turns out, however, that that discussion never happens, and it certainly doesn't reach Musk.

When Ad*lfLuver1488 posts something like "Melanin lowers IQ this is a bassic science fact" and Musk replies "Interesting!," everyone sees it. But even if the 100 most knowledgeable experts on biology and intelligence in the world urgently post to push back on the claim, no one will see them because 50,000 Musk-followers immediately swamp the thread with "Masterful point sir!" replies.

I have to assume that this is by design.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Of course he did.

I'm not sure why they described the photo of them meeting and didn't show it, but it's everything you'd imagine from a couple of Napoleon complex fellows.

https://apnews.com/article/milei-musk-t ... nt=rundown
One is an erratic billionaire entrepreneur and self-declared free-speech absolutist, prone to profanity-laden rants against “wokeness” and obsessed with making humanity a multi-planetary species.

The other is an iconoclastic Latin American leader and self-declared anarcho-capitalist, prone to cloning his dead dogs and obsessed with destroying state controls.

Tech executive Elon Musk and Argentine President Javier Milei finally sealed their budding bromance Friday at a Tesla electric car factory in Texas — their first meeting after months of mutual admiration on social media.
Holman

Post by Holman »

True to X, the replies to Musk's tweet are full of thousands of conspiracy theory posts. The consensus there seems to be that Covid news has faded because the Powers That Be have shifted to Ukraine as the narrative that will (somehow?) suppress the sheeple.

Musk has also at least three times retweeted the pseudo-joke "My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci".

This fucking guy...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:26 pm This fucking guy...
Juxtaposed with the other side of the same coin, that fucking guy... I suppose that might have been the intent...
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:42 pm Musk has recently indulged in a spate of approving/amplifying far-right and outright racist memes and arguments. Due to his command of the Twitter algorithm and his massive army of sycophants & bots, everything he posts/quotes is catapulted to the top of everyone's Twitter feed.

It finally crystalized for me why this is so annoying: Musk is the ultimate drive-by shitposter.

Even he pays lip service to the idea that social media's great virtue is the opening of minds to all sorts of ideas and to discussion about them. It turns out, however, that that discussion never happens, and it certainly doesn't reach Musk.

When Ad*lfLuver1488 posts something like "Melanin lowers IQ this is a bassic science fact" and Musk replies "Interesting!," everyone sees it. But even if the 100 most knowledgeable experts on biology and intelligence in the world urgently post to push back on the claim, no one will see them because 50,000 Musk-followers immediately swamp the thread with "Masterful point sir!" replies.

I have to assume that this is by design.
It is quite astounding how much he has torpedoed his other goals for this mess the past few years.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

He’s actually really a good guy. He’s just putting these wild ideas out there to see how people react. He’s using those reactions to train his new AI on how to react appropriately. It’s all for science see… yeah science.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Sacking ten percent of the workforce to cover executive pa… I mean increase efficiency yeah…

Tesla pushes for $56bn pay deal for Elon Musk

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cqqndqndpq5o
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Not so much for the executives, unless you mean to make the books better to keep stock prices up. However, the plea for more stock, I am sure did not influence DJMusk from saying the revealed shitty compensation deal was a mistake. :roll: Just like it was mistake to fire the guy he was publicly trying to humiliate and to whom he owed millions whom also was a demonstrable humanitarian. Such a great job giver...