The Internet knows everything

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

The Internet knows everything

Post by Moliere »

I have never failed to find the answer to whatever problem I am trying to solve. Garbage disposal not working? Here's 10 videos showing how to trouble shoot. Trouble with an obscure glitch in a game? Here's a 5 page forum thread of people talking about the same thing. Tonight it was how to gain access to a key fob that fell into a box under the driver seat. And yes, there was a reddit thread for that too.

What obscure mystery has the Internet solved for you?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Jaymann

Re: The Internet knows everything

Post by Jaymann »

How to get all the legendary items in Baldur's Gate 3, 2 days after full release.

How to play many songs on guitar that I could not figure out alone plus lyrics to many songs I could not decipher.

Searched google maps for many places I used to live, some of which still exist.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

The internet told me I lived in a million dollar house and that I owned a home in the LA area and one in the SF Bay Area.

Sadly none of that is true. Also I have a rare, at least in California, last name so it is kind of curious as to how the internet came to that conclusion.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Remember the day when you'd be at a bar and your companion(s) would pose a question that nobody could answer? Most of the crew would take their best shot, but it usually ended in "huh, I guess we'll never know." Now everyone consults their personal oracle and gets contradictory answers. You still don't know, but everyone thinks they do.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Kraken wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:36 am Remember the day when you'd be at a bar and your companion(s) would pose a question that nobody could answer? Most of the crew would take their best shot, but it usually ended in "huh, I guess we'll never know." Now everyone consults their personal oracle and gets contradictory answers. You still don't know, but everyone thinks they do.
Well obviously MY answer is the correct one.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Holman

Post by Holman »

The internet knows everything, and most of it isn't true.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Enlarge Image
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

99.5 percent of all my internet searches start with "What is the fridge life of...".

I really do have a problem.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If the internet is what generative AI will learn, we’re doomed.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:30 am 99.5 percent of all my internet searches start with "What is the fridge life of...".

Sorry to hear that Smoove blocked your number.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Was the line "Walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm" from Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" inspired by Frank Herbert's Dune?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Hipolito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:09 pm Was the line "Walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm" from Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" inspired by Frank Herbert's Dune?
Yes?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Moliere wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:18 pm
Hipolito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:09 pm Was the line "Walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm" from Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" inspired by Frank Herbert's Dune?
Yes?
I would have liked the movie a lot more if Paul and Jessica had danced like that across the sand to the tune of that song.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hipolito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:22 pm
Yes?
I would have liked the movie a lot more if Paul and Jessica had danced like that across the sand to the tune of that song.
What, Shaddam IV isn't good enough for you?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Holman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:27 pm
Hipolito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:22 pm
Yes?
What, Shaddam IV isn't good enough for you?
Needed more cowbell.
SpiderRelax

Post by SpiderRelax »

Did you know? Honey never spoils. Archaeologists have found pots of honey in ancient Egyptian tombs that are over 3,000 years old and still perfectly edible.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:30 am 99.5 percent of all my internet searches start with "What is the fridge life of...".

hmm.. seems like you'd know this.
What IS the fridge life for amputated limbs? asking for a concerned friend.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They're much better caught fresh, track to table.
Deputies arrested a 28-year-old man after he was seen walking around and waving the severed leg of a man who was struck and killed by a train nearby.

According to an arrest report, on March 22 at 8:08 a.m., Kern County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the Amtrak Station in Wasco about a person who had been hit by a northbound train. As one of the responding deputies was arriving, Amtrak employees reportedly pointed to a man, who was identified as Rosendo Tellez, walking down the street with an object under his sweater.

The deputy approached Tellez because he was not sure whether Tellez was the injured victim in the collision. As the deputy got near Tellez, he reportedly "pulled the object out from his sweater and dropped it on the floor."

The "object" turned out to be a left leg severed at the knee.
In one video, Tellez is reportedly "bent over at the waist while holding the leg near his face." After standing up, Tellez reportedly "brings the leg up to his face and briefly touches the leg against his mouth."
It's almost as if people are the problem.