Post by Jaymann »

Is he a Banana Republican?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Re: RFK for President

Post by Smoove_B »

Taking the grift to a whole new level, because why not? In some ways, translating his huge antivax following to a Presidential run at this point in time makes complete sense.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'd be mildly shocked if his campaign went anywhere.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I checked and he is registered as a Bananas Democrat...invoke Trent Steel.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ugh he's as bad as the Repubs. Anti vax, conspiracy fanatic. We called him an idiot many years ago.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The first episode of the latest season of Succession had an RFK moment. The oldest son Connor is running for president and he only has 1 percent of the votes. When he learns that his1 percent is in danger, he announces he may be forced to spend a hundred million more.
Greg: One hundred million? Damn!
Claire: Wow. I mean, and … So, what would you get for that? I mean, could you win?
Willa: Good Lord, no.
Connor: No, no. That won’t move the needle, no. The hope is that would maintain my percent.
Claire: Okay, and for your percent you get?
Willa: He gets a place in the conversation.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

hepcat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:32 pm The first episode of the latest season of Succession had an RFK moment. The oldest son Connor is running for president and he only has 1 percent of the votes. When he learns that his1 percent is in danger, he announces he may be forced to spend a hundred million more.
Greg: One hundred million? Damn!
Claire: Wow. I mean, and … So, what would you get for that? I mean, could you win?
Willa: Good Lord, no.
Connor: No, no. That won’t move the needle, no. The hope is that would maintain my percent.
Claire: Okay, and for your percent you get?
Willa: He gets a place in the conversation.
I liked Greg pointing out that 1 is the lowest percent you can have. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

RFK Jr. Forced to Apologize to His Own Family for That Super Bowl Ad
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Super Bowl ad may have reached millions of Americans, but it also reached his family—who weren’t too jazzed to have their images leveraged as fodder for his dimming bid for the White House.
“My cousin’s Super Bowl ad used our uncle’s faces—and my Mother’s,” wrote Bobby Shriver, referring to Eunice Kennedy Shriver, in a statement that his brother signed off on. “She would be appalled by his deadly health care views. Respect for science, vaccines, & health care equity were in her DNA.”
RFK Jr., meanwhile, chalked the mishap up to a genuine mistake, claiming he wasn’t able to sign off on the ad due to Federal Election Commission rules.

“I’m so sorry if the Super Bowl advertisement caused anyone in my family pain,” RFK Jr. wrote late on Sunday night. “The ad was created and aired by the American Values Super PAC without any involvement or approval from my campaign. FEC rules prohibit Super PACs from consulting with me or my staff. I love you all. God bless you.”

But that might not be all true. Even though federal law technically prohibits super PACs from coordinating with or donating to candidates and their campaigns, there aren’t exactly any super PAC cops preventing them from doing so. The FEC, in practice, remains unable to investigate claims of fraud thanks to extremely limiting parameters that fail as soon as “allied outside groups … simply converse with one another,” according to TNR’s Jason Linkins.

And his sentiment might not be all there, either. At the time of publishing, RFK Jr. still had the ad pinned to the top of his X profile, the platform formerly known as Twitter.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

RFK announced his Veep pick in a long-winded speech that led most networks to cut away before he even brought her on stage.

She is Nicole Shanahan, a bay-area attorney famous for having been married to Google co-founder Sergey Brin and for cheating on him with Elon Musk. She (like RFK) has never held public office. She's also very rich and has been one of RFK's top donors.

Clown world. But I suppose it marks the landmark of Silicon Valley's entrance into electoral politics.

RFK trufans are apparently pissed about this choice, calling her a globalist shill and all that. They wanted Tulsi Gabbard.

P.S. I watched as much of the RFK speech as I could handle. He's a weird guy. He always looks and sounds like he just stayed up all night smoking a carton of cigarettes.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He has spasmodic dysphonia.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

He has famous people brain disease and thinks he's capable to preside over one of the largest and most powerful Governments in the world with zero experience save having a famous last name. Ditto her lack of experience.

If you want to do the job, learn how to do it well first.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I like the choice. Less money and fewer votes for Agent Orange.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That boy aint got the brain to run for class president even.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm He has famous people brain disease and thinks he's capable to preside over one of the largest and most powerful Governments in the world with zero experience save having a famous last name. Ditto her lack of experience.

Whats sad is he is actually more qualified to be President than Trump could ever dream of.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm He has famous people brain disease and thinks he's capable to preside over one of the largest and most powerful Governments in the world with zero experience save having a famous last name. Ditto her lack of experience.

Whats sad is he is actually more qualified to be President than Trump could ever dream of.
Hell, the GOP is running yet another incompetent at public service person for Senate in CA. I believe he had 9 kids with 9 different women, prompting the meme - Steve Garvey is not my Padre.

The pursuit of famous people over competent people continues.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm I like the choice. Less money and fewer votes for Agent Orange.
Polling shows him damaging Biden more than Trump in the states that matter. If worse comes to comes to worse, he's our next Ralph Nader.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I have serious doubts about that.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 pm He has spasmodic dysphonia.
I did not know that.

Aesthetics of his public presentation aside, he's still a weird guy with weird and bad ideas.

Thread:

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:44 pm
Jaymann wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm I like the choice. Less money and fewer votes for Agent Orange.
Polling shows him damaging Biden more than Trump in the states that matter. If worse comes to comes to worse, he's our next Ralph Nader.
Yup, the Kennedy name is still strong among Democrats, and will be decisive for some low-info Dems. He will also give never-trump Republicans an alternative to Joe Biden. I think he hurts Dems more than MAGAts.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:41 pm

Hell, the GOP is running yet another incompetent at public service person for Senate in CA. I believe he had 9 kids with 9 different women, prompting the meme - Steve Garvey is not my Padre.

The pursuit of famous people over competent people continues.
Awesome!! Soon it will be President Camachos time to shine!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:58 pm
Yup, the Kennedy name is still strong among Democrats, and will be decisive for some low-info Dems. He will also give never-trump Republicans an alternative to Joe Biden. I think he hurts Dems more than MAGAts.
I don't have enough info to make a real judgement but it strikes me that the largest pull would be from low information or high misinformation never trumpers. As to if they would stay home or vote for Biden? I got nuthin'. Since 2016 what I thought I knew, I don't, sooo....
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 am
Kraken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:58 pm
I don't have enough info to make a real judgement but it strikes me that the largest pull would be from low information or high misinformation never trumpers. As to if they would stay home or vote for Biden? I got nuthin'. Since 2016 what I thought I knew, I don't, sooo....
Nah, there are a LOT of ~liberal AntiVaxxers out there too. The AntiVax movement predates Covid by decades, and includes a lot of low information people from both ends of the spectrum. I did a graduate course presentation on Whooping Cough vaccination issues in rural areas impacting education before 2010 (so before even the tea party zealots).

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I think we're all guessing on the impact it'll have. I'm firmly in the camp he's going to draw from both sides but that there are way more (D) votes he'll grab based on his vaccine nonsense agenda.

All that said I also fully believe he has no intention of winning and that this is instead a way for him to raise awareness about his nonprofit and catapult that circus to new financial levels. COVID-19 was the greatest thing that could have happened to him (in terms of being able to garner more support) as he is now drawing on fringe elements from all sides.

I have no doubt he has the potential to be a Biden spoiler in parts of America, no doubt at all.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If his father was still around he'd smack his boy upside the head so fast.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The Kennedy family have made it clear that they want nothing to do with their black sheep.
Holman

Post by Holman »

He has some skeletons in his closet.
On April 15, 1994, Kennedy married Mary Kathleen Richardson aboard a research vessel on the Hudson River. They had four children. On May 12, 2010, Kennedy filed for divorce from Mary; three days later she was charged with drunk driving. On May 16, 2012, Mary was found dead in a building on the grounds of her home in Bedford, New York. The Westchester County Medical Examiner ruled the death a suicide due to asphyxiation from hanging. Later it was reported that Mary had seen Kennedy's personal journal from 2001, in which he recorded sexual encounters with 37 different women.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm He has some skeletons in his closet.
On April 15, 1994, Kennedy married Mary Kathleen Richardson aboard a research vessel on the Hudson River. They had four children. On May 12, 2010, Kennedy filed for divorce from Mary; three days later she was charged with drunk driving. On May 16, 2012, Mary was found dead in a building on the grounds of her home in Bedford, New York. The Westchester County Medical Examiner ruled the death a suicide due to asphyxiation from hanging. Later it was reported that Mary had seen Kennedy's personal journal from 2001, in which he recorded sexual encounters with 37 different women.
It was totally safe sex as none of the women were vaccinated.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I actually saw a Kennedy '24 bumper sticker on the drive home today
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm I actually saw a Kennedy '24 bumper sticker on the drive home today
No, he clearly wrote "37".
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Anti vaccine + anti IVF candidate. Are they going to cause Trump to win over Biden?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am Anti vaccine + anti IVF candidate. Are they going to cause Trump to win over Biden?
We can only hope. :wub:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

em2nought wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am
Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am Anti vaccine + anti IVF candidate. Are they going to cause Trump to win over Biden?
Why do you want Trump to win? Is there something that Trump can do that is better for your personally?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am
em2nought wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am
Why do you want Trump to win? Is there something that Trump can do that is better for your personally?
Biden has actually done more for me personally by accident "if" I am able to sell my condo that is. My property value is so much inflated, and I plan to take what I get and use it to live overseas(probably Thailand) someplace cheap. Just know that half our population thinks President Trump would be better for our country than Biden. This website is not very representative of half the opinions from the USA. The other side is clearly for "anyone" but Trump as nobody knows who is actually running the show right now. It ain't Biden.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

em2nought wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:39 am nobody knows who is actually running the show right now. It ain't Biden.
There isn't a :roll: big enough in the world.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

With Agent Orange you clearly know who is running the show:

Spoiler:
Putin
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Exodor wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:07 pm
em2nought wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:39 am nobody knows who is actually running the show right now. It ain't Biden.
There isn't a :roll: big enough in the world.
That's half the country for you.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Do we want to make a list of the things that "half of the population" think?

Shall we start with the idea that half of the population thinks that "Trump would be better for our country than Biden"? It's rare that even half of the population votes. If the votes were split 50/50, now we're looking at 1/4 that care enough to actually show up. Now filter out those who don't follow current events (which is a little more than half) and thus don't 'prefer' anyone other than marking the same letter on the ballot that their parents did, and we're looking at 1/8 of the population that actually thinks Trump is better for the country. Next, filter out those who know that Trump is a disaster, but either love the chaos, or just want to hurt anyone with a (D), and you're looking at a tiny, tiny fraction of the country that actually thinks Trump is good for the US.

And a lot of politicians who think that Trump is good for their careers and pocketbooks, and are willing to bend over backwards to make sure that they get theirs, regardless of the impact on the country in the long term (ie, after they're dead.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

And what's more, it only matters what maybe 100,000 people in a handful of states think.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

For me honestly I don't care if Trump is good for the country. If someone had 100% proof that he was 100% better then Biden I still wouldn't vote for him.
The odd thing is that my wife and both liked him and wanted him to win the forst time. Then enough of his shenanigans came out that we slowly tilted the other way.
He's fine gor entertainment value in TV but I REALLY don't think hes a good representative of the US and thayts a big part of being president. Not necessarily being liked or super popular but I think he truly makes the US look worse when he's representing us.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us