XCOM Enemy Unknown

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

TheMix

Re: XCOM Enemy Unknown

Post by TheMix »

Fardaza wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:08 pm </snip excellent strategy recommendations>
Impressive. I think I need you to be my general in all my tactical games. :D

Edited to add top of new page relevance.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Finished my recent playthrough yesterday. Steam says it took me 28 hours. I think I let it run unattended for about 2 or 3 of those hours, so it probably actually took about 25 hours total. Zhang was my chosen one this time.

Is it just me, or does EU seem to give you less psionic capable soldiers than it used to? I only had 3 this time that were high enough level to consider sending into the psi-lab.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm surprised you didn't have four. You usually get the one you rescue on the dam and the three you rescue from the special UFO carrying them.
Or maybe it's Enemy Within which is the one I'm playing.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:54 pm I'm surprised you didn't have four. You usually get the one you rescue on the dam and the three you rescue from the special UFO carrying them.
Or maybe it's Enemy Within which is the one I'm playing.
I forgot to check the box on the start screen that enables the whole dam rescue thing. I didn't have her and her friends later. That usually doesn't matter for me anyway. By the time I get her and the friends and get them psi-labbed, I'm ready to attack the temple ship. It would take many more months to get them up to colonel.