Capitol Riot Investigation Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Capitol Riot Investigation Thread

Post by GreenGoo »

Unagi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 pm He claims America has no claim on him, but he thinks he has some claim on America.
That's a lot clearer. :D
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

My take is that they should be allowed to be sovereign.
Then immediately contact ICE because they are in the country illegally.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unless they own land and choose to secede. At that point, we should simply build a wall along the border. They can apply for a temporary visa if they need to go to the store or something.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

In other news, the **real** Sovereign Citizens are fed up with GOP bullcrap ;)
In the tribal council meeting on Tuesday, LeBeau referred to Noem as an “uninvited guest,” but said they would “recognize her, but we wouldn’t give her the platform or give her the time to get going to her agenda” during the meeting.

While the tribe briefly considered other options, they motioned to follow the Oglala Sioux Tribe and ban Noem.

“She’s made some false allegations, some lies. She said that councils were in with the Mexican cartels. She also made statements about our children and our parents, our schools, pretty negative, derogatory statements,” said LeBeau.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:22 pm Unless they own land and choose to secede. At that point, we should simply build a wall along the border. They can apply for a temporary visa if they need to go to the store or something.
They'd also have to apply for a work permit and lose access to social security and any other government funding.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:36 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:22 pm Unless they own land and choose to secede. At that point, we should simply build a wall along the border. They can apply for a temporary visa if they need to go to the store or something.
They'd also have to apply for a work permit and lose access to social security and any other government funding.
Nonsense. They'd have all of the government funding!

(They'd be the government, after all.)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:41 pm

They'd be their own government though. They could have all the money they generate.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:43 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:41 pm

They'd be their own government though. They could have all the money they generate.
Exactly my point. They're sovereign, after all.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Locally, we have a guy in NJ that is proud to brag he was there on 1/6, but of course he didn't do anything illegal. Now he wants our votes:
He was also among the thousands of Trump supporters who marched to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021 in defiance of President Joe Biden‘s victory over Trump, though he insists he wasn’t one of those who breached the building in a violent attack and he hasn’t been charged with a crime.

Belnome, now running in the GOP primary with the support of party leaders in a bid to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. Mikie Sherrill in the state’s 11th congressional district, says he “peacefully marched” in protest to the Capitol after seeing Trump speak. He also admits to deleting his social media in the wake of the riot but says his actions that day were “not violent.”

“I was there,” he told NJ Advance Media during a recent phone interview. “I did not enter the Capitol building.”

“I can’t tell you how long I was there or what time I went back to my hotel,” Belnome added. “At the time, I didn’t know anyone entered the building.”
This timeline is unreal.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

“I helped load the gun for Oswald, but I didn’t pull the trigger!” is a wonderful stance.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The right follow-up questions -- What made you different from those supporters who entered the Capital Building? Why did you stop? Do you denounce those who did enter and the damage they caused to American democracy?

He's trying to say to the MAGA insurrectionists that he's one of them, but can't admit it. Either draw a wedge between them, or confirm on the record he's a deplorable.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

hepcat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm “I helped load the gun for Oswald, but I didn’t pull the trigger!” is a wonderful stance.
Yes but Oswald was a communist Democrat dedicated to overthrowing US democracy. The Jan 6 patriots were heroes dedicated to improving Us democracy and making it more managed. (Sarcasm!!)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:17 pm
hepcat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm “I helped load the gun for Oswald, but I didn’t pull the trigger!” is a wonderful stance.
Yes but Oswald was a communist Democrat dedicated to overthrowing US democracy. The Jan 6 patriots were heroes dedicated to improving Us democracy and making it more managed. (Sarcasm!!)
Perhaps they were just beta testers for Helldivers? For Democracy!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I remember this guy:

Nice to see him get his due.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'd argue he didn't get his due. He was admittedly just feet away from Babbit, so he was definitely not just parading around the Capital grounds.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Another one bites the dust:

https://www.wral.com/amp/21395822/
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"Your honor, I was wearing a hockey mask while at the capital that day because it's been my experience throughout the entirety of my life that impromptu hockey games can break out anywhere, and I was tired of being unprepared."
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Hey. They even happen on the roof of minimarkets so this is plausible