Whatcha Watchin'?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Carpet_pissr

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Post by Carpet_pissr »

telcta wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm
Jaymann wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 pm Dream Scenario with Nick Cage is out on MAX. Loving it so far.

Word of warning: It gets dark. Like H.P. Lovecraft level.
Just watched this and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I think I’m going to rewatch it on Blu-ray with the director’s commentary.

Another winner from whomever at my library puts these movies in their recommended shelf. I need to meet him or her someday.
+1 for Dream Scenario…great film.

It gets dark, but I wouldn’t call it Lovecraftian.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I'm enjoying the Judge Dee mysteries on Netflix. It's a Chinese series loosely based on the novels by a Dutch orientalist who based his character on an 18th century Chinese detective novel that uses a real 7th century statesman as the basis for it's protagonist.

It's a police procedural set in Tang China. Certainly not pulse pounding action even though it looks like it should be and has a few fight scenes. I like the 4 main characters (Di Renjie, his old family retainer, and two former outlaws that he has made into his assistants) enough to put up with the subtitles. Who knows if I will last through all 32 episodes but it looks like each of the novels has been turned into 3 or so episodes so it is possible that there will be natural breakpoints to watch something else for a while.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Hopefully you're not watching The Retirement Plan. I went in blind, thinking that with Nicolas Cage, Ron Perlman, Ernie Hudson and Jackie Earle Haley fronting the cast, there'd be something in there worth my time. Not so much...
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

We finished Avatar the last air bender and my wife and i both liked it a lot.
Neitjer of us have seen the cartoon so we didn't expect anything goung in. Not sure if that helped or hurt but either way we liked it.
Really hoping they finish the other 2 seasons and I'll probably start watching the cartoon.
We watched some other things since we were away on vacation but I can't remember what they were. I only remember avatar because we just finished the last episode.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I discovered that Werner Herzog’s My Best Fiend, his documentary about knowing and working with Klaus Kinski, is on Tubi. Just watch it. That’s all I can say. Life is indeed stranger than fiction. Especially when that life is a goddamn raving lunatic.
He won. Period.