Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lordnine

Re: Planet Crafter: Now with Full Release

Post by Lordnine »

Well that is probably not good. :lol:

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I know about the external stairs, and I know about the ladders. I was wondering if there was an actual internal stairwell anywhere in the game. Anyone seen anything like that?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I don't think there are any internal stairs. The ladders will span into a room built directly above though.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Actually, I take that statment back. After testing it, you CAN use staircases inside, it just has to be a double tall room.

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

My children are small and ugly but I worked real hard to make them.

Also, should I feel bad about launching fish into orbit in a rocket?

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Who do you have mowing your lawn? They're doing a great job.

I finally unlocked the Big Living Compartment, so it's time to finally start on my actual, permanent base. I've got the spot (the same spot everyone seems to choose, north of the starting point), and I've got a rough idea of how I want to do it.

My working list:
  • Home/working area (computers, personal gear, comms, collectible rocket penises, nice views, etc.)
  • Crafting and storage area (likely centrally located between all of the other buildings)
  • Agricultural area
  • Power generation
  • Drilling area (away from the main base)
  • An area with heaters hot enough to warm the entire planet, but not turn me into ash
  • ?
  • Prophet
#7 is why I'm posting the list - what can I expect to need to include later in the game?

#8 is for when I get to the part where I start a cult.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

There are actually some really cool areas southwest of the spawn that I might have picked for my base if I were to start again. You will end up spending quite a lot of time in that area too.

Also, I strongly recommend leaving space for expansion around your main resource room. Once you move into genetics you will almost certainly run out of space.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Lordnine wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 pm There are actually some really cool areas southwest of the spawn that I might have picked for my base if I were to start again. You will end up spending quite a lot of time in that area too.

Also, I strongly recommend leaving space for expansion around your main resource room. Once you move into genetics you will almost certainly run out of space.
Extra large storage/crafting system, got it. How big is big?
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Well, to give you an idea, this is my main storage room.

Enlarge Image

And this is my genetics room that now doesn't fit everything it needs to do what I need.

Enlarge Image

Honestly, I probably should have built my genetics room ABOVE my storage room. I am pretty sure Autocrafters can pull items from storages 360 degrees around themselves and it would have saved me a ton of space.

You will also want space for at least 1 biodome somewhat close by and they are huge.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Not as big as I'd feared. I think I'm just still feeling trauma from discovering that my beloved and well-planned base in Satisfactory was about 5% the size it needed to be.

Thanks.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Meaningless discovery: Tapping the F4 key allows you to fly. It's only straight up, although you can angle your descent just a bit. But hey - it's an easy way to get on the roof to build that comms dish without building floating stairways.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Well, I’ve gotten two of the endings. Great game and well worth the price but I feel the endings are lackluster and an afterthought. Probably not surprising given the type of game.

The game seems like it has been a huge success for the (2?) man team though so I am curious where they go from here. There has been some talk about maybe adding new planets down the line.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, I've achieved water. Or at least I've been told that I have - I haven't seen any yet. Still, I'm taking the opportunity to clean out many of the resources in the starter basin. There may be a way to get them later, and there are likely alternative sources, but I needed some of them anyway, so this is as good a time as any to farm them up.

And, in an echo of the other thread, doing that while listening to A Short History of Nearly Everything on Audible is really relaxing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Lordnine wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm Honestly, I probably should have built my genetics room ABOVE my storage room.
When you say, "Genetics room", what are you referring to? I have a biolab, but I don't see any genetics room/gene lab/etc. Did you just mean regular rooms into which you placed gene-related machinery?
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

It’s a room I have adjacent to the biolab. You are going to want a bunch of the ingredients used by the biolab. Crafting them by hand takes a long time so I have 4 different auto crafters set up to process the materials automatically. One creates bacteria samples, another turns bacteria into mutagen 1, then mutagen 2, and also one for fertilizer.

You will also want multiple growth chambers that combine the genetic material into new life forms. I had two of them and 4 would have probably been better. Each one is as large as the advanced crafting station.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That's fine. I've been taking it into account as I build (and left a space explicitly for it), but wasn't sure whether you were referring to a prefab building or just some generic rooms with specific machinery.