em2nought

Re: Random randomness

Post by em2nought »

I'd stop worrying about anything except getting that mortgage sorted. :shock:
Israel: Essentially "The Alamo" 24/7, 365 since 1947
Brian

Post by Brian »

Looks like a neighborhood west of us got nearly wiped out.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Glad my favorite Omaha people are safe!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Holman

Post by Holman »

Brian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:27 pm Looks like a neighborhood west of us got nearly wiped out.
Oh man.

I remember a few years back when a tornado destroyed my maternal grandmother's neighborhood in Hattiesburg, MS. It was all just gone.

Grandma had passed away a few years earlier, but the destruction of the house and the yard and the big Magnolia I used to climb was hard to take.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Here's just one of the twenty-three reported tornados that touched down in Omaha/Lincoln area.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Most of the world's tornadoes occur in the US, and most of those are in tornado alley. They can occasionally form almost anywhere, though. I've seen two in my lifetime. Nothing as dramatic as those in the videos, but still enough to scare the bejezus out of me.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Damn! Not so fond, because of those darned "things", of where I'm probably going to eventually end up in Texas at least half the year. Is there a season for tornadoes or are they pretty much a year round possibility? At least with hurricanes there is a period of time that you don't have to worry about them for now.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

According to the National Weather Service, Texas averages 137 tornadoes each year, the highest number of any state in the U.S. Tornadoes are most common during the spring and summer months nationwide, but due to Texas’ proximity to the Gulf of Mexico as a moisture source, tornadoes can occur in southeast Texas any time of year.
The majority of our North Texas tornadoes occur in April and May, but tornadoes can arrive anytime in Texas. In the past 20 years, Texas has averaged close to 15 confirmed tornado reports every March, which equates to about one tornado every two days, according to the National Weather Service.
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/st ... 089738007/
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:21 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:40 pm I'm going to die in debt. It's just something you have to accept and move on.
If I die soon I can too. Not sure it will happen. If my wife was alive we could have been out of all debt in 4 years. As is I'll be lucky to pay the house off in 10. Thats if I still have a house. I cant afford the payments each month. Half the home income is gone but the bills all stayed the same. We were SO close. Ive dropped most of what I can. As per my bankruptcy lawyers instructions Im withholding house payments for 3-5 months. They denied my first petition for a loan modification to lower the payments. He says they will work with me once my payments dont arrive for a while. But they based my rejection on my good credit score of 715. I have that score for many reasons....we've been paying off our debt for 4 1/2 years now so its gone up steadily over that time. My credit score wont pay any bills and especially my house loan. Trouble is I dont have the amount of payments anyways TO pay but the lawyer wants me to hold as much as possible...which is impossible as I pay bills and buy food, gas, home repair stuff. Im worried. He said they cant foreclose while Im in bankruptcy....which I pay off near the end of the year.....but then they could try and if they do I come in and rile bankruptcy on the home loan then.....which Im sure he gets paid again for. Sigh. Its MY home not theirs and I feel others play loose with stuff that isn't theirs. So I live in fear and worry.

If they home loan place would cut my payment in half to $225 I could live on $100 a month I think. As is I cant. If I died it would all be fine lol..stupid world. EVERYONE these days wants all of nothing instead of part of something. Damn interest on the home is %11.5 . Im tempted to look into a personal loan with my credit score and pay off the house that way. Then pay of the home loan over 10 years at much lower payments and interest rate. UGH.
Did you ever get your loan payments modified like you were hoping? If so, that could be your current $7k dilemma.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am
The majority of our North Texas tornadoes occur in April and May, but tornadoes can arrive anytime in Texas.
Thanks for again doing the searching. That might actually half work for me, at least this season it would have if I was working already. My friends are just about to start the 2024 season after switching companies due to no work at the previous company.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I don't think we get many tornadoes around here. I mean this is Oklahoma.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stessier

Post by stessier »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am I don't think we get many tornadoes around here. I mean this is Oklahoma.
According to Weather Underground, OK is in the top 5 states.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Just stay away from trailer parks.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

stessier wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am
dbt1949 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am I don't think we get many tornadoes around here. I mean this is Oklahoma.
According to Weather Underground, OK is in the top 5 states.
I know. I just was being silly. Extra pain pill this morning.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A good start to the day. Double up double down and a triple in between.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dammit my utility bill arrived today. Looks like its time for me to have to start paying it again...$17.00
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm We just had a few tornados roll through here (Omaha). We are fine.
Geeze, I'm glad you're OK.

We're a few weeks past the anniversary of the one that took out the south side of town, starting just a couple of blocks from us, and this year I'm find that I'm somewhat more touchy when the weather gets bad.
em2nought wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am Damn! Not so fond, because of those darned "things", of where I'm probably going to eventually end up in Texas at least half the year. Is there a season for tornadoes or are they pretty much a year round possibility? At least with hurricanes there is a period of time that you don't have to worry about them for now.

Tornadoes absolutely have a season. It tends to coincide with thunderstorm season. April and May are the peak, depending on where you live. But a quick change in weather (like a warm front during the winter) can bring them any time of the year. They're just considerably more rare, and they aren't really a worry like they are in April/May. There is no guaranteed 'no tornadoes' month, though.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What people names do you find more interesting than others. I dont really pay attention to guy names but girl names that I like are ones like Donna, Vicky, Kayla and Susan.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've had an aversion to "Howard" ever since I was a tyke and my cousin Howie used to pick on me. I know it's irrational but I've never met a Howard who I thought was a great guy.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I sign my name as William and use William for all formal occasions. But I prefer to go by Slade the Leveller in social settings. Go figure.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It is really nice of you to make sure those wobbly tables aren't an issue for your fellow patrons, Slade.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

De nada.

In other news, I need to track down the music from those California Psychic commercials. I could be in the midst of being mauled by bears, and if that song started playing, I’d be so relaxed I’d fall asleep.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm In other news, I need to track down the music from those California Psychic commercials. I could be in the midst of being mauled by bears, and if that song started playing, I’d be so relaxed I’d fall asleep.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh hell yeah. That’s going on a loop at my place. Thanks!

I may never leave a reclining position again…
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

A.D3 Operazione squalo bianco (Original motion picture soundtrack) [Operation White Shark]
Swingin' secret agent A.D. 3 battles a groovy crime organization featuring sexy Janine Reynaud and an army of women in black tights.
Full sountrack playlist

https://www.cultpix.com/movie/ad3-opera ... ianco/1050
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He faces their bisexual leader, as well as a rival gang of karate-chopping women.
It was a different time, that’s for sure.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Christ, the rag time version of that has the exact opposite effect on me. I wanna punch a dolphin right now.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:lol:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Track 6 should get you back in the groove.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Track 1 is my pick for second favorite. It actually has a bit of swing to it.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd probably call that exotica/lounge/bachelor pad. It's an... interesting genre(s), with a few amazing musicians and singers, and a few... interesting musical experiments.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

This is way less random than it was back in the day.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Or not.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Poking around the IHeartRadio app informed me that there is a musical genre called shoegaze. I have no idea what that is but I'd probably like it, being a shoegazer myself.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Kraken wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 am Poking around the IHeartRadio app informed me that there is a musical genre called shoegaze. I have no idea what that is but I'd probably like it, being a shoegazer myself.
I love shoegaze. It is essentially an alt reaction to big rock bands where they stare at their shoes while playing on stage and the guitars drown out the vocals. See My Bloody Valentine. Do a search on Spotify.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 am Poking around the IHeartRadio app informed me that there is a musical genre called shoegaze. I have no idea what that is but I'd probably like it, being a shoegazer myself.
Before it was a think early Jesus and Marychain might have been considered shoegaze, maybe even Joy Division. I seem to remember Mazy Star, slowdive, swervdriver, curve, a Place to Bury Strangers all being shoegazy.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am I'd probably call that exotica/lounge/bachelor pad.
It is. A friend I’ve mentioned before back in Ohio has a podcast he does weekly that focuses on that genre primarily. He’s obsessed with it.

Also, I just noticed that the link I posted with the commercial earlier had the damn name of the song on that page. :oops:

Lesson learned: the Issiebot works off my own stupidity. :D
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

stessier wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:21 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:40 pm I'm going to die in debt. It's just something you have to accept and move on.
If I die soon I can too.
Did you ever get your loan payments modified like you were hoping? If so, that could be your current $7k dilemma.
You really need to be pre-emptive on this and not wait for it to knock you on your ass. If your credit score is still that high you might be able to get a non-secured loan that you could pay off this suddenly appearing $7000 with so that your house isn't gone. You can't afford to live in "this" America if you lose that house.