2024 Fundraising - $0 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[America] Domestic violent extremism

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Re: [America] Domestic violent extremism

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:31 am if a trumper doesn’t get what they want, they’ll just claim there’s a conspiracy, tell everyone they have proof, then refuse to show any. :mrgreen:
This is The Way.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:39 am Trumpers, like their orange master, hate anything that doesn’t fall all over itself telling them how great they are. If at first you don’t succeed, whine whine again. Snowflakes, the lot of them. :mrgreen:
But they prefer just to pass laws to keep any competition for their greatness from being able to succeed, just like it used to be. I mean, if you're mediocre, but you stick everyone else in a dark basement, you're suddenly the very best. Why, you're... you're... great again!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

So where are these hills where I'm supposed to receive my training? Can I bring a mobility scooter? I hope this dude is my instructor. :lol:

Enlarge Image
Israel: Essentially "The Alamo" 24/7, 365 since 1947
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

When did conservatives whole heartedly embrace Communism? It just boggles my mind.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Zarathud wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:57 pm When did conservatives whole heartedly embrace Communism? It just boggles my mind.
No way I'm going to fit into those tunnels. :lol:
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Zarathud wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:57 pm When did conservatives whole heartedly embrace Communism? It just boggles my mind.
Not to mention that the North Vietnamese were being supplied with weaponry from Russia and China. They had an air force as well as SAMs and heavy infantry weapons. Hardly a bunch of weekend warriors with glocks. It's a dumb meme.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The Vietnamese were also fighting a conscript army, rather than a professional volunteer army. It's a completely different level now. Plus, we have the technology to find and destroy those tunnels. Even if em2 fits into them.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The only reason that the idea of American civilians defending themselves against the full might of the US military is at all believable is because we have laws that favor the civilians. All of the Bill of Rights, not just the second amendment, as well as a host of other restrictions on government overreach.

If those laws go out the window, Meal Team Six and all the III%ers in the world won't stand a chance. The irony, of course, is that by and large they support elected officials who do everything they can to weaken their legislative defenses. The Orange Fascist most of all.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Hey!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Roger that: Commencing attack....if my wife says it's okay....honey, can I attack with the other guys?"
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Roger that: Commencing attack....if my wife says it's okay....honey, can I attack with the other guys?"
Com'on man, you know I'm an incel. :roll:
gbasden wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:57 am Not to mention that the North Vietnamese were being supplied with weaponry from Russia and China. They had an air force as well as SAMs and heavy infantry weapons. Hardly a bunch of weekend warriors with glocks. It's a dumb meme.
I don't think that dude is NVA, he's Viet Cong in the black pajamas, and I don't own Glocks. I dislike the grip angle. :wink:
Last edited by em2nought on Wed May 08, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm

Com'on man, you know I'm an incel.

That was actually a teasing comment about a typo (or intentional pun) in Lawbeef's post that Meal caught, and my subsequent attempt to pull his loving and wonderful wife into the joke as well. :wink:
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Still haven't been able to find this training camp that Maxine Waters says exists in the hills??? It's Florida so I haven't actually found a "hill" yet, let alone a training camp for right leaning individuals. :lol:

Enlarge Image
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Meanwhile, I’m still trying to find the KKK members who voted for Obama.. :lol:
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:30 pm
em2nought wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm

Com'on man, you know I'm an incel.

That was actually a teasing comment about a typo (or intentional pun) in Lawbeef's post that Meal caught, and my subsequent attempt to pull his loving and wonderful wife into the joke as well. :wink:
Meal Team Six
Gravy Seals
Delta Forks

Etc.

Had not made the The Meal connection and I laughed.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Domestic terrorist Daniel Perry pardoned by gov. Abbot and parole board.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 719220007/
"Texas has one of the strongest ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws of self-defense that cannot be nullified by a jury or a progressive District Attorney," Abbott said in a statement Thursday. "I thank the Board for its thorough investigation, and I approve their pardon recommendation.”
Except Perry sought out a confrontation at the protest and shot a someone who was legally carrying a rifle the Texas way. But he was black, so shoot away, I guess. Yeehaw, Texas!

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The Clash may need to update their lyrics to Know Your Rights...
Number one
You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a crime
Unless it was done
By a Policeman
Or an aristocrata conservative
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

David DePape, who bludgeoned Nancy Pelosi’s husband, sentenced to 30 years
A federal jury convicted him of attempted kidnapping of a federal official and assault on the immediate family member of a federal official in November 2023, just over a year after the attack in the former House speaker’s San Francisco home.
DePape had a history of promoting conspiracy theories online and had shared misinformation about Covid and the January 6 insurrection, as well as false claims that the 2020 election had been stolen from Donald Trump. He had been unhoused and experiencing drug abuse and mental illness in the years leading up to the attack, his ex-girlfriend told local media.

During the trial, he testified about his fringe political beliefs and how he came to support false conspiracy theories that a cabal of pedophiles controlled the US government.

He admitted to the attack, but said he had wanted to talk to Nancy Pelosi and that Paul Pelosi was “never my target and I’m sorry that he got hurt”. His attorney said DePape had targeted Nancy Pelosi because he believed “with every ounce of his body” that he was taking action to stop corruption and the abuse of children.

Paul Pelosi last year testified that he had still not fully recovered from the “traumatic attack”, which required permanent plates and screws in his head.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 am The only reason that the idea of American civilians defending themselves against the full might of the US military is at all believable is because we have laws that favor the civilians. All of the Bill of Rights, not just the second amendment, as well as a host of other restrictions on government overreach.
Just to circle back to this: the idea that the Constitution implies a right to resist the government by force is completely asinine.

George Washington used armed militia to put down the Whiskey Rebellion (an armed insurrection against taxes) while he was president. According to 2A fanatics, he should have rolled over for it.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Holman wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 am The only reason that the idea of American civilians defending themselves against the full might of the US military is at all believable is because we have laws that favor the civilians. All of the Bill of Rights, not just the second amendment, as well as a host of other restrictions on government overreach.
Just to circle back to this: the idea that the Constitution implies a right to resist the government by force is completely asinine.

George Washington used armed militia to put down the Whiskey Rebellion (an armed insurrection against taxes) while he was president. According to 2A fanatics, he should have rolled over for it.
I don’t think that’s what they really think, do you? Isn’t more of a “Might Makes Right” take where they have the right to resist the government, the government has the right to try to put them down, and whoever succeeds enjoys the spoils?

And they get to have their guns because that’s the only way to make sure the government is serving the people. Fear of armed rebellion.

I know: Lunacy. But I think that’s what they believe.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kurth wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:20 pm
Holman wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 pm

I don’t think that’s what they really think, do you? Isn’t more of a “Might Makes Right” take where they have the right to resist the government, the government has the right to try to put them down, and whoever succeeds enjoys the spoils?

And they get to have their guns because that’s the only way to make sure the government is serving the people. Fear of armed rebellion.

I know: Lunacy. But I think that’s what they believe.
I've seen the argument over and over that the 2A is intended to make the government fear the people. It's very common.

Never mind that the 2A literally calls for making weapons available in order to serve the government in a "well-regulated militia" (since there was no standing army at the time). Its intention is the availability of government force, not resistance to it.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:24 pm Never mind that the 2A literally calls for making weapons available in order to serve the government in a "well-regulated militia" (since there was no standing army at the time). Its intention is the availability of government force, not resistance to it.
Intention schmintention. They were vague on paper when they defined it, so it gets redefined annually to suit the 2A crowd's preferences.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:45 pm David DePape, who bludgeoned Nancy Pelosi’s husband, sentenced to 30 years
A federal jury convicted him of attempted kidnapping of a federal official and assault on the immediate family member of a federal official in November 2023, just over a year after the attack in the former House speaker’s San Francisco home.
DePape had a history of promoting conspiracy theories online and had shared misinformation about Covid and the January 6 insurrection, as well as false claims that the 2020 election had been stolen from Donald Trump. He had been unhoused and experiencing drug abuse and mental illness in the years leading up to the attack, his ex-girlfriend told local media.

During the trial, he testified about his fringe political beliefs and how he came to support false conspiracy theories that a cabal of pedophiles controlled the US government.

He admitted to the attack, but said he had wanted to talk to Nancy Pelosi and that Paul Pelosi was “never my target and I’m sorry that he got hurt”. His attorney said DePape had targeted Nancy Pelosi because he believed “with every ounce of his body” that he was taking action to stop corruption and the abuse of children.

Paul Pelosi last year testified that he had still not fully recovered from the “traumatic attack”, which required permanent plates and screws in his head.
I'm still dubious. :think: Maybe the guy is like Bill Paxton in Frailty. :think:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm still dubious about you not being a Russian bot. Tell me this: was it before or after the hookers peed on Trump in Moscow that you decided you wanted to help him destroy America? :think:
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Or during.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:10 am I'm still dubious about you not being a Russian bot. Tell me this: was it before or after the hookers peed on Trump in Moscow that you decided you wanted to help him destroy America? :think:
No idea. Russian hookers are too costly for me. I'm a wee bit afraid of their "management" as well.

No worries, if we manage to get America back into the proper hands we'll be mag"a"nanimous.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Too expensive? Do they pay their bots in borscht?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:06 pm
hepcat wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:10 am I'm still dubious about you not being a Russian bot. Tell me this: was it before or after the hookers peed on Trump in Moscow that you decided you wanted to help him destroy America? :think:
No idea. Russian hookers are too costly for me. I'm a wee bit afraid of their "management" as well.

No worries, if we manage to get America back into the proper hands we'll be mag"a"nanimous.
And even if you don’t, just do what you did last time: lie and say you won. When someone asks for evidence, claim they’re being mean to you and start crying about all those mean people being unfair to you. :mrgreen:
He won. Period.