THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[movie 2024] Mad Max Furiosa....Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, George Miller

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

[movie 2024] Mad Max Furiosa....Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, George Miller

Post by Daehawk »

first trailer ...I love her I love him I love the world....Looks good for now.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Re: [movie 2024] Mad Max Furiosa....Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, George Miller

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, that looks pretty good. I can't help but love this world as well. I wanted to be cynical and I can't - I just want to see it.

I think the electric guitar guy in the last one pushed me just a little too far, but it looks like this one has dialed that back a bit, so - yeah - that's cool with me.

I look forward to seeing the Queen's Gambit's Anya Taylor-Joy in something else, as I've only seen her in Queen's Gambit - but just -loved- her in that.
Archinerd

Re: [movie 2024] Mad Max Furiosa....Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, George Miller

Post by Archinerd »

I'm a little worried about the plastic CGI look in this one... but maybe they're still working on it.

Fury Road is one of my all time favorite movies though, so I'm going to see this no matter what.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Um...IN!!

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

How do they have gas that is still working after 45 years?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Gasoline production dates to the 19th century.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm creating gas as I write this....
Now depoliticized.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Who runs Fartertown‽
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Brings new meaning to the name Master Blaster.
Now depoliticized.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 pm How do they have gas that is still working after 45 years?
Refinin' it they are!!
Kachunka-chunka

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm Who runs Fartertown‽
One day son that will come back to you. :) But for now go...be happy.

As for the gas Id say they never added ethanol to theirs.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm Who runs Fartertown‽
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would like to subscribe to your fan fiction page.
Now depoliticized.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:22 am I would like to subscribe to your fan fiction page.
Currently only two content updates: ‘Grimace Gets Gassy’ and my moneymaker, the OG ‘Ronald Sharts Again”
Roman

Post by Roman »

Saw this trailer yesterday evening ahead of Dune 2.
I kept thinking to myself - now THIS is a movie trailer! Well done and will be seeing this in the theater.
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I just read somewhere that Anya Taylor-Joy has only 30 lines of dialogue in FURIOSA.

Come to think of it, though, how much did Tom Hardy talk in his MAD MAX? I seem to recall that the speeches all came from the bad guys.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

‘Furiosa’ Director George Miller Explains Why Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Just 30 Lines of Dialogue
Director George Miller told The Telegraph that the reason is simple: for him, movies should be fast. He believes that dialogue slows them down.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Miller knows what he’s doing. After the last one, I walked out of the theater feeling like I’d just run a marathon. He doesn’t even give you time to breathe….and it works.
Now depoliticized.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish I could see this in theaters!!!!!!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anya is gorgeous

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:32 pm IGN has spoken

Review
https://www.ign.com/articles/furiosa-a- ... -hemsworth
Now with fewer tracking links.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

<snicker>
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That's OK. The site itself will take care of that for you.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i reserved a ticket at (the former) Cinerama (now "SIFF Downtown" in Seattle) next week for the very first showing, like i did with Dune pt 2. it's at 3:45 in the afternoon on a Thursday, but i'm unemployed, so no work to take time off from.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Next weekend my wife is taking her mother (who lives with us) to her 65th Wellesley reunion. That leaves me and my two boys (20 and all-but-18) at home Fri-Mon.

We're definitely seeing FURIOSA on Saturday in the loudest possible theater.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In costume, right?
Now depoliticized.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:03 pm In costume, right?
It would be kinda awesome if a theater was hosting a Furiosa/Fury Road double feature and you come as your favorite wasteland character from any of the movies including the older movies. I'm a little thin for the part but I'd give Lord Humongous a shot. :dance: Or a Warboy, "WITNESS ME!!!"
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Please. You and I both know you've been sitting on an Auntie Entity costume since 9th grade.
Now depoliticized.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:28 pm Please. You and I both know you've been sitting on an Auntie Entity costume since 9th grade.
Ok, I'll admit to saying "Bust a deal and face the wheel!" in front of the mirror from time to time...shrug
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Fun fact: the actor who played the Gyro Captain in The Road Warrior was also the Mouth of Sauron in Peter Jackson's Return of the King.

A true fan will blend both costumes together.
Brian

Post by Brian »

For extra credit, you can add this guy:

Enlarge Image
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:08 pm Fun fact: the actor who played the Gyro Captain in The Road Warrior was also the Mouth of Sauron in Peter Jackson's Return of the King.

A true fan will blend both costumes together.
He was also the one really good thing about Legend of the Seeker.
Holman

Post by Holman »

This GenCon getup is getting complicated.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

1. Plain robe
2. Ridged red mantle with the poppinest collar ever
3. Pilot helmet and goggles
4. Giant mouth
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Corduroy Head is the shit.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the most brutal of all the Mad Max films.
Spoiler:
probably because it spends so much time with the 'bad guys'. of which there are many.
the story is much different from the first three films, and Fury Road really is the connection between the two sides. need to see it on a large screen. oh and it's LOUD, but in a good way, not an annoying way.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sorta puts me in the mood to play the Mad Max pc game again. But not quite. I did everything and played the hell out of that game. They need to give us a new Road Warrior game now.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Daehawk wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 am Sorta puts me in the mood to play the Mad Max pc game again. But not quite. I did everything and played the hell out of that game. They need to give us a new Road Warrior game now.
I recently did a complete playthrough again. It still holds up really well, however, they did turn off the game related servers so certain achievements and rewards are no longer available.
Affected features include:
* No longer able to access the WB Play service to obtain the Battle Brand decal for your Magnum Opus.
* No longer able to access Opus War, leaderboards or redeem codes.
* Scrap Crews will no longer gather materials.
* The "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" non-repeating Challenges cannot be completed and could impact the ability to unlock the "Up to the Task" trophy/achievement.
I simply didn't build the scrap crew add-on at each base location. It was still possible to gather enough scrap just from the map locations for me to fully build my car so the impact is minimal.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently George Miller isn't a fan of the game.

Why George Miller Doesn’t Like the Only Good Mad Max Video Game
During an interview with Gaming Bible, Furiosa director George Miller was asked about the possibility of a new Mad Max video game. Somewhat surprisingly, Miller not only referenced developer Avalanche Studios’ 2015 Mad Max video game but confessed that he was disappointed in that title.

“It wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be,” said Miller of the most recent Mad Max game. “We gave all of our material to a company to do it. But, you know, I’m one of those people who would rather not do something unless you can do it at the highest level or at least try to make it at a higher level.”
In essence, Miller seems to be commenting on the amount of time, money, and hope that went into that game and how so much went wrong between the conception of that title and its release. Actually, former Avalanche Studios boss Christofer Sundberg recently took to Twitter to share his thoughts on Miller’s comments, and he suggests that the director may not be entirely aware of how much the studio had to battle just to get that game made.

“This is complete nonsense and just shows complete arrogance,” says Sundberg regarding Miller’s comments. “They did everything they could to make this a complete linear game after having signed up with a developer of open-world games…After the first year of development, they realized that they had forced us to make a linear experience rather than the open-world game we pitched. We threw away a year of work and got to hear that ‘players want autonomy in this day and age.’ Well, no shit…”
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch