RFK for President

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: RFK for President

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:22 am I was reading that the GameStop thing is just more conspiracy stuff. Apparently conspiracy theorists are insisting that "globalists" are artificially keeping GameStop low and if they stopped manipulating the market the stock would take off (or something like that - I don't have the desire to explore this any further). Seems like it's more likely to siphon off Trump voters than Biden, so I'm all for it.
It's the ages old excuse about why given stock isn't making someone rich. They blame "shorts" and "market manipulators" for keeping the artificially stock low through illegal or globalist or deep state practices. For the ringleaders it's just an attempt to make money on a short squeeze (pretty much doing exactly what they're complaining about). For the sheep, it becomes a cult. And this being 2024, of course, it's a cult x 10 that brings in politics.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wasn't the GameStop meme-stock run just a joke the participants were having?

I mean, in a world where almost no one buys physical game media any more, how could GameStop continue to be profitable? What did they think would happen when the narrative moved on?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:04 pm Wasn't the GameStop meme-stock run just a joke the participants were having?

I mean, in a world where almost no one buys physical game media any more, how could GameStop continue to be profitable? What did they think would happen when the narrative moved on?
I saw a documentary on it, and while it started as a middle finger to wall street, some people actually made out big time while some hedge funds who insisted on shorting the stock lost their shirts. It was a great illustration that monetary value of stock has nothing to do with intrinsic value.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter