APCs taken to Anti-War protest

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Eduardo X

APCs taken to Anti-War protest

Post by Eduardo X »

In a strange twist of events, 2 APCs, allegedly driven by marines but obviously driven by US military, drove to an anti-war protest in LA yesterday. They were met by an unitimidated crowd, and it seemed the whole thing was just very confusing for everybody involved.
The soldiers weren't there to tell the protesters off, though one of the protesters called the soldiers murderers.
Pics, story and video

Why did this happen? I really don't understand. I know that perhaps the soldiers wanted to piss off the protesters, but when you're protesting a war and a tank pulls up, guess what the reaction would be!

How bizarre.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I think somebody's in deep shit somewhere.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Cheney probably called in another prank phone call telling someone there was WMD's on the premises.
Al

Post by Al »

Really bizarre. The look like Marine Corps LAVs, which you correctly identified as APCs and Indymedia incorrectly labeled tanks. Score one for you, Ed.

If I were to make a wild guess, I would say that some overzealous officer (Notice that in the third picture from the bottom, the vehicle commander's position is labeled Maj. something. I'd bet that this was the Major's idea.) got wind of the protest and decided on his own to go on a road trip.

This was probably not sanctioned my the Marines and they could get themselves in really big trouble if their higher ups find out about this.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Those Marines probably used Mapquest for directions. They'll never do that again...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Al

Post by Al »

Actually, someone on Indymedia pointed something out. It's possible that those LAVs were going somewhere to stage for some kind of Veteran's Day event and either got lost or just happened to pass through on the way there.

That explination actually makes the most sense, really.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Al wrote:Actually, someone on Indymedia pointed something out. It's possible that those LAVs were going somewhere to stage for some kind of Veteran's Day event and either got lost or just happened to pass through on the way there.

Why were they doing that on Tuesday? I'd think a veteran's day parade would be on Sunday or today, but not Tuesday.
-AttAdude
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Al wrote:Actually, someone on Indymedia pointed something out. It's possible that those LAVs were going somewhere to stage for some kind of Veteran's Day event and either got lost or just happened to pass through on the way there.

when our military gets lost on home soil, i begin to worry...
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

If they were driving around Westwood they were probably looking for goddamned parking! :x
Black Lives Matter
Al

Post by Al »

Eduardo X wrote:I'd think a veteran's day parade would be on Sunday or today, but not Tuesday.
What if it wasn't a parade? What if they were going to do some dog and pony show? That happens more often than you'd think. Especially with something like the LAV which you can drive around without tearing up pavement.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

You would think our military would be capable of performing a better tank rush than that. :?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Biyobi wrote:If they were driving around Westwood they were probably looking for goddamned parking! :x
okay, made me laugh... :lol:
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Thats a anti-war protest in LA yesterday. Look like 40 people had nothing better to do. :D
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

UsulofDoom wrote:Thats a anti-war protest in LA yesterday. Look like 40 people had nothing better to do. :D
They said there were 400 people there, and they were protesting the assault on Fallujah, as thousands did around the country. And it was on Tuesday.
Wait, why am I writing this again? Am I trying to start a flame war over nothing? It seems like it.
-AttAdude
Al

Post by Al »

You Dirty, Filthy, Atrocious Anarchist Pinko Troll! :P
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'll bet it was just a publicity stunt for GM's newest SUV. I know I'm wondering where I can buy one of those babies.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Ironrod wrote:I'll bet it was just a publicity stunt for GM's newest SUV. I know I'm wondering where I can buy one of those babies.
You w1nz teh in7raw3b!
-AttAdude
WAW

Post by WAW »

Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming
We're finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
Four dead in Ohio :cry:
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW