Windows Xp SP1 and 2

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Reemul

Windows Xp SP1 and 2

Post by Reemul »

Hi all.

I am after direct links to windows Xp SP1 and SP2 so i can take them to someone in work to install.

Does anyone have any direct links, all i seem to find is options to download it on my pc.

Cheers.

Iain
MeSlayer

Post by MeSlayer »

I'm not sure about xp service packs

but I know for windows 2000, one of the service packs was huge (100+ megs) before i had broadband, so i went to a friends with DSL and downloaded the 'offline install' or something to that effect and burned it

hope that helps
Hello this is a signature.
crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

There is no need to install SP1 if installing SP2, all the update files in SP2 cover SP1.

Here is a link to download SP2 from Microsoft. Size 270 megs XP Service Pack 2 - that will take you to the site. Here is a link to the .exe direct link
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

You might want to grab SP1 if you can find it anyhow. Lots of people are unhappy with SP2 and game compatibility. If network/online security isn't a major concern for you, you'd probably be happier with SP1.
Draco

Post by Draco »

Crumsteel, you figure out a direct link to XP1? I've got a new machine that doesn't have it and I want to install it before I connect it to the Internet.
crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

Here is a direct link to SP1a
XP SP1a
Draco

Post by Draco »

Awesome, thanks! So you really don't think that I should install SP2 if I game a lot? Are these gaming problems with new games, or older DOS and Win95 games?