[vent] True Crime on PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Austin

[vent] True Crime on PC

Post by Austin »

I traded a bunch of stuff and part of the trade was True Crimes. This game sucks very royally on the PC. It looks entertaining enough to try on the PS2 but not so good as a PC port. Anyone play this on a PC and enjoy it?
noun

Post by noun »

Why would it be worth playing on the PS2 but not the PC? Graphics? Control issues? Stability? Throw me a frickin' bone, here! ;)
Austin

Post by Austin »

I dunno''' maybe it's just me but when you have options to kick, punch, jump kick and other commands, the mouse doesn't cut it for me. (Nor does the keyboard.

Turning around to see what is behind you seemed painfully slow. You can increase the speed in the mouse options iirc, but than your mouse moves so fast it is hard to aim. I need the little analogue sticks to move like that. Driving was tough without those little sticks too.

It could just be I am not used to this type of game on PC. I'm wondering if anyone played this on PC and enjoyed it. I could well be missing something.
Your ad here.
noun

Post by noun »

Ah, so you prefer playing with a control instead of a keyboard/mouse combo. OK, I'm down with that. Yours is not the first complaint I've heard about the challenges of playing True Crime with a mouse and keyboard.

I've successfully played and beaten GTA 3 and GTA3: Vice City on the PC, but I've been playing mouse/keyboard games forever. On the other hand, I totally suck at playing games with a controller, so I've probably avoided a huge number of games as a result.

The boys in GG #IRC tell me True Crime is vastly inferior to GTA3, but one of these days I'm going to buy it and see for myself.
Austin

Post by Austin »

The thing is, I prefer mouse/keyboard for FPS type games. No way I could play Doom 3 on the console. I just can't seem to get into True Crimes on the PC. I suppose it is not really an FPS, but figured it would work a bit better than it is for me.

I have not played GTA yet. :O
Your ad here.
warning

Post by warning »

noun wrote:Why would it be worth playing on the PS2 but not the PC? Graphics? Control issues? Stability? Throw me a frickin' bone, here! ;)
The PS2 version maybe has 50% more Snoop Dogg?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

of all the computer games that have had a compatibility problem with my PC in the last few years, all of them were console ports! The Hulk is the most recent example...
Rip

Post by Rip »

noun wrote:Ah, so you prefer playing with a control instead of a keyboard/mouse combo. OK, I'm down with that. Yours is not the first complaint I've heard about the challenges of playing True Crime with a mouse and keyboard.

I've successfully played and beaten GTA 3 and GTA3: Vice City on the PC, but I've been playing mouse/keyboard games forever. On the other hand, I totally suck at playing games with a controller, so I've probably avoided a huge number of games as a result.

The boys in GG #IRC tell me True Crime is vastly inferior to GTA3, but one of these days I'm going to buy it and see for myself.
I definately wish GTA had better PC controller options. I could never find a steering method I really liked. I got a kick ass steering wheel and pedals, but the games I want to use them most in (other than NASCAR) don't support it. Oh no use this dumb ass flight/joystick. Oh and while you are at it how abaout an off/on throttle. Not like you would want anything in between.

That's okay I'm a Roman Emporer Now!
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Discalced

Re: [vent] True Crime on PC

Post by Discalced »

Austin wrote:Anyone play this on a PC and enjoy it?
Anyone enjoy it, period?
warning

Re: [vent] True Crime on PC

Post by warning »

Discalced wrote:
Austin wrote:Anyone play this on a PC and enjoy it?
Anyone enjoy it, period?
Snoop enjoyed cashing his paycheck I'm sure.