sudden massive drop in CPU temp...?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

bluefugue

sudden massive drop in CPU temp...?

Post by bluefugue »

This has gotta be a bug or a faulty monitor or something. I just booted up motherboard monitor and am getting CPU temp readouts as low as 26 C!!! Previously the average temp at this time of day was around 50, getting as high as 59 under heavy use!

Anyone heard of anything like this? Such a rapid drop precipitated by nothing in particular? Haven't changed the goo, added a new fan -- nothing.

I think the sensors are screwy or something. Maybe a reboot will set things straight.

It'd be nice if it really *were* running this cool but I just don't see how that's possible...
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

Well, the temps in BIOS were in the mid 50s, but Motherboard Monitor still has it in the 20s. This is screwed up.
Cam

Post by Cam »

Good to see your working that one out all by yourself :lol:

I'm using the Sandra diagnostic utility to check temps while in Windows. They seem to jive pretty much BIOS readings.
"You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves."
-President Andrew Jackson
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

If you are using ASUS Probe, upgrade it; I had the same problem with some of the older versions.
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Is that a snake biting a man on the face?