Turtle Beach external sound thingamajig

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Meghan

Turtle Beach external sound thingamajig

Post by Meghan »

So I've been looking at external sound cards and of course I've heard about Audigy but I came across this one here and it has me intrigued.

TURTLE BEACH Audio Advantage Micro

There's a picture at buy.com

My current machine has a turtle beach Santa Cruz and I've been very happy with it. Does this little doodaed qualify as an external soundcard? Has anyone here tried one? And of course, you can't beat the price. At $20 I might just do it for the heck of it.

What do you think, sirs?
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
malchior

Post by malchior »

Looks like an external soundcard. At that price I'd look around and see if their are any positive reviews because that's very, very cheap. ;)

You can't hook up multiple speakers without an external receiver but that's ok if you want to use headphones. It really depends on what you want to use it for.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

I got a turtle beach santa cruz as well. The control panel and software are much better than Creatives, but the problem is, it doesn't support EAX II or III, and those make a big difference in games for me. Ended up going back to my live value till I can afford an audity EX2 or whatever the nice one is.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

I use my sound card mostly for music rather than games. I find game soundtracks and noises get on my nerves. So I've been happy as far as it goes.

I'd like to get a cheap set of speakers that support directional sound though. Currently my headphones have it but my speakers don't (there's only 2 of them.)
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch