RPGDot hacked?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

St. Mark

RPGDot hacked?

Post by St. Mark »

RPGDot

Brazilian Death Squads? :?
yossar

Post by yossar »

"Good this protest?m toast pra who n?tem cerebro pra to think and n?ve
what the disarmament of popula? it never goes to help in the urban viol?ia and yes to get worse,
Therefore vc ja saw outlaw to buy weapon in store using its name?
ladr?sabendo that nao we have weapons, it comes without fear! ?omo to steal candy of crian "

The control of the?ices of crimes n? if it makes atrav?de measured superficial, as to forbid to the access them cidad? honest?armas of fire, but atrav?de a set of pol?cas that policemen involve since measures effective of refor?do system of justi?criminal of organiza?s, of the Justi?e of the prisional system and pol?cas econ?cas, social, urban and educational that the favor?is origins and contexts attack the delicts.
To control weapons n?significa to control crime.
Evid?ia N?h?ualquer of that h?ma correla? between the two fen?nos: increase of circulates? of legal weapons and increase of crime.
To choose the weapons as the causer of the lethal crimes?ma reply f?l and sensationalist, a time that we deviate aten? of the too much causes, much more complex and that they involve an ample net of factors of social nature, educational, moral, cultural and at?esmo patol?ca.
Pa?s that they had adopted restrictive laws with esperan?de to contain avan?da crime had suffered hard conseq?cias, as? case of England, the Austr?a, the Canad? of the Fran? among others.
In some cases, it had at?umento of the n?ros of crimes.

Most of the homic?os has rela? with narcotr?co.
This?m basic point: imposs?l to speak in crime in Brazil without mentioning its narrow rela? with tr?co of drugs. Evident, this privacy was alerted recently by the ONU: great part of the 30 a thousand registered homic?os annually in the Pa?pode to be atribu? to tr?co.
The harmful one combines? between narcotics and it degrades? social, lack of control of the State, imperfections in the prisional system, etc.?ue creates a perfect environment for proliferates? of the crime, especially in great cities, as S?Paulo and Rio De Janeiro.

The s?instrumentos weapons of dissuas?do crime.
Brazil and the United States possess different social contexts very.
For? the effect of dissuas?(ou either, the capacity that one firearm possesss to hinder that a crime aconte? exactly.
In U.S.A., to contr?o of Brazil, v?os studies exist that prove this reality.

One of the most known, called the Survey of Felons and Their Firearms, sponsored for the Department of Justi?americano, half pointed the most effective cidad?armado one as of impediment of the crime in the one in.
The research, carried through with more than 1,800 criminals, showed that 81% of the criminals looked for to know, before the onslaught, if v?ma was armed, and 74% of them had said that they prevented to enter in resid?ias where knew to live cidad? armed.

Legais/habitante N?ro of weapons and?ices of homic?os: false rela.
Verifying n?ro of legal weapons in cities as S?Paulo and Rio De Janeiro where the?ices of homic?os s?acima of m?a Brazilian we evidence this false rela.
The State most armed of the Pará? the Rio Grande Do Sul (with m?a of 10,86 habitantes/arma) has n?ros of lesser homic?os of that in S?Paulo (m?a of 74,54 habitantes/arma) and in the River (29,12 habitantes/arma).
In 20 years, the homic?os had increased of 10 a thousand for 40 mil/ano. While venda of weapons fell of 51 a thousand for 23 a thousand in the civil market (legal).
This sample that n?se can say that bigger density of legal weapons in popula? it means, necessarily, greater volume of crimes.
Majority of the homic?os?ometida by people with criminal antecedents.
According to a study of Jos?astore professor, of the University of S?Paulo (USP), 82.6% of the crimes clarified in the State of S?Paulo s?cometidos by relapsing criminals who buy weapons, obviously, in the clandestine market.

The prohibited right of leg?ma must be respected.
Article 5. of Constitui? Federal Brazilian says that all s?iguais before the law, without distin? of any nature, guaranteeing itself it the Brazilians and resident foreigners in the Pa?a inviolability of the?vida right?iberdade?gualdade?eguran?e?ropriedade.
When restricting the access of cidad? of good?armas of fire, the call Statute of the Disarmament -- the proposal of the government -- attacks the?ida right: considering that the criminals n?entregar?suas weapons.
He enters the years of 1980 and 2000, n?ro of homic?os went up of 12 for each 100 a thousand inhabitants for 27 for 100 a thousand inhabitants, having a superior increase the 200%
The research carried through with more than 1800 criminals showed that:

81% had affirmed that they look for to know if v?ma before est? seted;
74% of the outlaws had affirmed to prevent to enter in resid?ias where? they know to live cidad? armed;
40% had said that they had left to commit crimes of that from fear? v?ma was seted;
57% had affirmed to fear more the cidad?armado one of that the pr?ia? Pol?a;
56% had said to n?abordar v?mas that they distrust to be? seted.

Legal weapons n?fabricam criminal.
Since 1994 the total of transports emitted in the RIO DE JANEIRO alcan?pouco more than a hundred.
Or either, the totality of the supply of weapons in m? of civilians it can only be kept in the resid?ias and the workstations.
Vendas of weapons for the civil market, in turn, v?se reducing to each year. Between 1996 and 2002, they had been vendidas n?mais of that 25 a thousand weapons.
Rio De Janeiro est?e disarming, and crime increasing in them we?imos years.

SimienS - We are more than a group! we are the voice of a better world!
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I assume that was what is/was on RPGDot (I'm at work and can't access it directly)? Otherwise, I would recommend the consultation of a well-respected neurologist, as you're using crazy-speak.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

Didn't this same thing happen to GG about three or four years ago? Some brazilian group hacked the site, I forget the particulars.
Dhruin

Post by Dhruin »

This group has hit a bunch of CRPG-related sites...us, RPG Codex, Duck and Cover, Bloodlines Dilapidation. ***holes.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

What is it about Brazilian hackers?

I heard a story once of a small ISP owner and head tech catching some Brazilian hackers as they tried to break in once -- basically fighting each other for control of the different servers before the ISP isolated their core data and pulled the plug on the non-secure servers. And then booted back up in some pre-historic OS as a temporary fix.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

I thought it was a Chinese group that hacked GG after a Chinese Mig lost a game of chicken with one of our spy planes. It was back in early 2001, I think. They put up a picture of the Chinese pilot (whose name sounded very much like Wrong Way) on the front page.

I remember because we had friends who were adopting from China at the time and China shut down adoption for six months. Every time we, like, blow up one of their embassies or something they get all pissy about it. Don't they get we are Amerkins?
JayG

Post by JayG »

Just curious, but does RPGDot take a long time to load for anyone else? It takes forever for me. Especially the comments section.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

JayG wrote:Just curious, but does RPGDot take a long time to load for anyone else? It takes forever for me. Especially the comments section.
Yup. Always has, probably always will. Don't know why though.
Gorath

Post by Gorath »

We used the hack as an excuse to finally make the long overdue move to the Jolt.co.uk servers, so we have a lot more server power available now. Theoretically we even have sort of unlimited resource as long as we have a good reason to use it. We´re running a NWN server, for example.
Many things, especially everything forum-related, don´t work correctly yet. We have a long list of broken features.
We will activate automatic pruning for the less important forums. This should get the growing DB problem under control.
My browser often has to wait for response from ads.RPGDot.com. I´m not sure how much we can do about this because ads are handled by Jolt.