2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Democratic Leadership Council urges Kofi Annan to resign

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Tareeq

Democratic Leadership Council urges Kofi Annan to resign

Post by Tareeq »

The world deserves a full and thorough accounting of what transpired. The sooner the United Nations can get past this matter, the sooner it can get back to the important business of making itself an effective instrument for collective security against terrorism, failed states, and acts of genocide, a goal that Annan has strongly supported. The secretary general should place this critical mission ahead of his personal interests, and step aside. Given his own lack of credibility on the oil-for-food program, this step is the price Annan must pay to help restore the U.N.'s credibility, and to salvage his legacy as secretary general.
Bill Clinton, Evan Bayh, John Edwards, Joe Lieberman, and Zell Miller I knew, but I just found out John Kerry was a member of the DLC.

http://www.ndol.org/ndol_ci.cfm?kaid=13 ... tid=253050
Poleaxe

Post by Poleaxe »

Democrats speaking out on what should be a non-partisan issue, or the first move in repackaging the democratic party for 2008?

You be the judge.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Poleaxe wrote:Democrats speaking out on what should be a non-partisan issue, or the first move in repackaging the democratic party for 2008?
Yessss....

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

There's a Democratic Leadership? :shock: Could have fooled me. :?
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Instead of going to little hacks at democrats, let me just say that I think this is good. Annan does need to step down if you ask me. Wether this is coming from democrats or republicans I agree with it.