Another Satellite radio question

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

knob

Another Satellite radio question

Post by knob »

I'm mostly interested in which receivers you guys use. I'm looking at both Sirius and XM. I'm not a sports person, so I don't think it matters which way I go.

None of the Deck-based stuff since that would mean I have to install a whole new radio.

I'm kind of looking at this one. But then I'd have to buy a $50 mounting kit to go with it.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Everyone says XM has more subscribers. Everyone I know with satellite got a Sirius anyway. They seem to have better promotions in this area. They all love Sirius, but no one actually wires their existance for it the way they are supposed to, so they all complain about the reception in various ways. I don't know anything about the XM stations as everyone has sirius, but the Sirius stations are great. The boom box sucks down the batteries if you go with that option. It wires into you home stereo and car stereo easy enough, but you have to buy a kit for everything you want to hook it to.

If it weren't for Sirius, I would have never discovered Flogging Molly who get constant CD play from me. I have been so tempted to pick up satellite radio, but the concept of being tied to another monthly bill just brings me down. Several friends swear to me they'll give up cable TV well before they give up Sirius.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I have a Roady2 sitting on my counter waiting to be opened by me on XMas. My decision was easy, I'm only getting satellite radio to get Opie and Anthony. And that means XM. I have a friend that records the episodes each day and lets me download them. I listen to like 10 hours a day. It's the greatest thing ever, and only available on XM.

I could care less what else is on the thing. If it plays music, that's sufficient for me. And it does, so it is.

I got the Roady2 over the SkiFi2 because it comes with the car hookup kit. If I had no care for money though, I would get the MyFi, because it is portable and has an internal antenna and it has a 5 hour Tivo built in.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
gellar

Post by gellar »

I've used the older version of that Delphi and liked it a lot actually. I don't think the receivers matter all that much though.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
knob

Post by knob »

gellar wrote:I've used the older version of that Delphi and liked it a lot actually. I don't think the receivers matter all that much though.

gellar

I'm a gadget fanatic. The cooler the features, the happier I am. That's why I'm looking at the SkyFi 2. 30 minutes of playback, which is neat. It's $170 at Best Buy with the car kit.
If I had a sig, would you read it?