[WoW] Your favorite non-combat pet

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Misguided

[WoW] Your favorite non-combat pet

Post by Misguided »

Ok, so I wan't fortunate enough to attend Blizzcon and have a baby Murloc to follow me around, and I don't know if there's anyway to get a blink dragon as a pet, so I resorted to buying a wood frog at the Darkmoon Faire (oh yesssss....my Darkmoon storage box precioussss..). Then last night, I got an engineer to make a mechanical squirrel which is really cool looking but seems to have real clipping problems (so I pretend he likes to hide a lot...).

So I got to wondering what other folks favorite pets of the non-combat variety are. What's yours?
KiloOhm

Post by KiloOhm »

My pet Bombling - everyone (including me) loves him and I'm not a "pet" kinda guy.
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

Alliance characters can get a sprite darter (same model as the blink dragon) pet by following a questline that starts in Ferelas I think. One of the quests is called "Freedom for all Creatures" so that's the line to pursue.

It involves a bit of running around, and travel from Darnassus to Gadegtzan at least once, and it's a level 46-ish quest. I did it around 50 with no problems whatsoever.
When all is said and done, there's more said than done.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I think I had some roaches I bought in the undead city.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Austin wrote:I think I had some roaches I bought in the undead city.
I had a roach. It was cool.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

there is a prairie chicken that only alliance can get as well. I just got the plans for the Tranquil yeti, which I cant wait to make. Also there is a oozeling pet, that I woul dlike to have as well.
Jag

Post by Jag »

I have a bunch of pets. At one point, I was trying to get all the pets in the game.

I just made the tranquil yeti, but the mat requirement is kind of crazy. I like my LBRS Worg pup since it matches his bigger brother that i bring on raids.

The sprite darter is pretty cool as well. Definitely worth getting for alliance. I also love the darnassus owls.

A nice alliance money maker is to go to darn, fill up on owls for 50s and sell them for 1 to 1.50 gold (or more on the neutral AH). You can also create a NE toon and send them to yourself to sell.
Misguided

Post by Misguided »

Charlatan wrote:Alliance characters can get a sprite darter (same model as the blink dragon) pet by following a questline that starts in Ferelas I think. One of the quests is called "Freedom for all Creatures" so that's the line to pursue.

It involves a bit of running around, and travel from Darnassus to Gadegtzan at least once, and it's a level 46-ish quest. I did it around 50 with no problems whatsoever.
Thanks for the tip! I'm only level 30, but I'll keep it in mind.
knob

Post by knob »

I only have a Dark Whelpling. It's neat, but not as neat as the crimson or emerald.

The roach is wonderful.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
snoleopard

Post by snoleopard »

How, or where, do you buy the night owls. I have a NE, and have never even seen any kind of option to buy an owl. Where do you do it at, please.
Koz

Post by Koz »

In Darnassus, right as you walk in that open area on the left are a bunch of vendors. One is an owl merchant.
Misguided

Post by Misguided »

Hey, maybe we need a tiny Mo'Grosh ogre pet...
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

as a update to the praire chicken. Apparently Horde can get them as well. If you have someone from alliance get the chicken to lay the egg, than anyone can loot it, and complete the quest.