2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Eastside Hockey Manager 2005

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Reemul

Post by Reemul »

For any of you Hockey Fans this site is worth a vist,

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php

it has downloads for player images, logos etc etc for the game as well as additional info and forums.
riz_si

Post by riz_si »

Terrified: I'm sorry to hear about the trouble finding the game in your local store. Unfortunately we cannot get retailers to take the game in stock in big numbers, since we haven't got a history of big sales. And since we cannot get the game onto the shelves in big numbers, it will be hard to achieve those big sales. I've forwarded your notes to our product manager who deals with Sega US on marketing and distributing, so the feedback will go through. But as I said, it's a chicken and egg all over for us with this one currently.

Have you tried looking at various online stores that could ship you the game ? We've had a good number of people order from Gamestop and have recommended the place to others. Alternatively, could you ask your local EB to order the game in from another store of theirs that has it in stock ?

You did the right thing when you told the manager that had they had a copy in store, you would have bought it. The more people do this, the more retailers are put under pressure to order stock in. So go tell your friends to drop by at the stores as well ;)
Devil

Post by Devil »

CG goes down for a day, I come over for a visit and end up getting a game!

IN!
Lee

Post by Lee »

Just downloaded this yesterday (thanks Ash). But man I am overwhelmed. So much to do, so confusing. Anyone still playing, any thoughts, is it worth learning?
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Godzilla Blitz

Post by Godzilla Blitz »

Lee wrote:Just downloaded this yesterday (thanks Ash). But man I am overwhelmed. So much to do, so confusing. Anyone still playing, any thoughts, is it worth learning?
Text-sims can be overwhelming at first. I'd suggest you simply start to play the game. Don't worry about anything at first. After a while things will just sort themselves out. Once you start to feel comfortable with things, go back and start a "real" career. Should take about two hours of playing before things start to click.

The following thread might help. It's long, but there is quite a bit of stuff in there and the developers look at it regularly:

EHM Discussion
Lee

Post by Lee »

I am finding the unrealistic stats a turn off. My Avs went up against Dallas and won 5-0. That's fine and all, but I had like 60 shots to 10 by the end of the game. The Avs are dominating every game, and they shouldn't be.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
mori

Post by mori »

Been playing for a few days. I started with the Minnesota Wild and promptly led them to last place with only 52 points for the season. I may or may not of figured out hockey's farm system. This is a lot more confusing than OOTP.

I didn't know there was a hockey league in Australia or South Africa.