2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

360 EA Sports games

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lee

360 EA Sports games

Post by Lee »

What is the deal with them? Were they all rushed out the door or something. Maybe the better graphics and sound filled up the disks so they had to leave stuff out?

I wanted NHL2006, but I read it wasn't that great. FIFA sounds like half the game is missing. I love computer golf games (especially online against other people) and then I read that Tiger Woods only has 6 of the 14 courses that all the other versions have. I thought about picking up TW anyway, but then I see that all of EAs games are $60. More money for unfinished games with less content?

Anyone know why they did such a half assed job?
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
jament

Post by jament »

You're dead on. MS delivered the dev kits a bit late, from what I understand, but stuck by the original drop-dead date for release titles. The sports teams put in what they could get qa'd and still make the deadline.

EA haters may have an alternate perspective, but there ya go.

I think Madden does play a good (and good looking) game of football with the right sliders. It does lack the features of even the PSP version, though. NBA Live is supposedly terrible.

Somehow, 2K games managed to get things done right. NHL2K6 gets very good reviews from the sports forum folks over at GT, and NBA2K6 is one of the best games on the system. And, it includes all the game modes.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've got Tiger, and while it is certainly bare-bones compared to the other console versions, it still offers a decent amount of gameplay. The one advantage it has over the other versions, I think, is that it is a lot more "grown up" and chellenging. They stripped away all of the silly features and concentrated on making a pro golf sim.

The two biggest downsides are as follows:

- VERY linear. You have to progress through a series of challenges just to unlock all the courses. While at any given time you'll have a choice of which challenges to do, you can't just go anywhere and do everything right off the bat.

- *(&(*&*( stupid placement of the power boost button. Horrible, horrible design decision.

If you are aware of that going in, it's still a good game which offers a fun game of golf. If you don't absolutely need a video golf fix, however, waiting for next year's version would certainly be the best route to go.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

YOU MUST WAIT AND GET Winning Eleven 9 instead of that FIFA nonsense. Even with uglier graphics, it'll be SO MUCH better.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Eduardo, I'm not so wure WE has worse graphics than FIFA.

Unless you're comparing the XBox WE to the XBox 360 FIFA. Then you might have a point. :twisted:
Hodor.
Inverarity

Post by Inverarity »

You know my feelings - stay FAR AWAY from the 360 version of FIFA.

Unfortunately, Winning Eleven 9 won't be out for the system until October. Other systems are getting it sooner.

:(
HankRaptor

Post by HankRaptor »

Lets hope that Fight Night isnt getting rushed eh?
Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm curious to see how Winning Eleven turns out on the 360 that might make it worth it for me to pickup a 360. I'm loving the pc version of 8 though so it would have to be something truly special for me to jump ship. Nothing like downloading a patch that adds all the kits and the proper team/player names. I've been playing it since it came out last year and still cheer out loud when I score a goal. That would never happen in a EA game.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Windows95

Re: 360 EA Sports games

Post by Windows95 »

Lee wrote:I wanted NHL2006, but I read it wasn't that great.
I don't know if it's not that great so much as it doesn't exist. :P

You might be thinking of NHL 2K6 which is available for the 360. It's not an EA game, it's by 2K Sports. The game itself is fine, it's just pretty much the same as the regular Xbox version. I guess some textures were improved and a goalie control was added, but otherwise it's a $60 flavour of what you can get on the Xbox for $20.

I'd wait for next year as far as Hockey games go for the 360.
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

HankRaptor wrote:Lets hope that Fight Night isnt getting rushed eh?
The King is on it:
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Wait, wait, wait... is he really in the game? I know BK advertising is all over the other screenshots, so maybe it's not too far-fetched. That would rule if he was a playable character.
Inverarity

Post by Inverarity »

I would like to kick the shit of that King.

The demo of Fight Night didn't win me over. Am I missing something?
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

That screen shot is linked from Gamespot so I assume it's an official pic.
baron calamity

Post by baron calamity »

He really is in there but he isn't a playable character (that we know of) Just one of several "funny" ad character on the side lines.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

jament wrote:I think Madden does play a good (and good looking) game of football with the right sliders. It does lack the features of even the PSP version, though. NBA Live is supposedly terrible.
Where did you find sliders? Is there a site I can find them on. It is the only football game on the 360, and even though there are two game killers for me, since it is my only option I play the crap out of it. I would love to try this game with a different set of sliders.

The game killers though are really bad and I can't believe the game shipped with them. No challenge is one. I could understand if they took out intentional bad calls, but there are some awful calls in this. Looking at the replay, there are obvious calls they get wrong, but none more than my biggest game killer:

The quarterback will be passing the ball, and if he gets hit and drops it, it is a fumble 90% of the time. Even though his arm is clearly moving forward, which should make it an incomplete pass. Actually, I can't say I have seen a single quarterback fumble where the arm didn't move forward during the pass. I can't count how many games I lost because of the fumble that the defense recovers and brings it back for a TD.
jament

Post by jament »

Yeah, I agree - the quarterback/fumble thing is definitely broken.

I use the sliders from Operation Sports - www.operationsports.com
There's a forum for Madden and then a topic at the top of the board for all sliders. There are slider options for each game play level (All-Madden, Pro, etc), so you should be able to find something.

Slider fixes are mostly to up the CPU offense some, get more realistic running and pass results, more pancakes, etc. You can really make it a good game of FB - except for the calls and fumbles.