2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Starport: Galactic Empires Free Full Game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zekester

Starport: Galactic Empires Free Full Game

Post by Zekester »

http://www.gamershell.com/download_12476.shtml

"Description: As captain of your own ship the path to victory is as open as the space around you. Trade, fight, and found planet bases to generate enough power and wealth to control the galaxy. Arm and outfit your ship with cargo holds, weapons, and shields of various types and strengths and remember, the greater the risk, t
he greater the reward."

I fired it up for a couple minutes, and it seemed kinda neat. A simple, straight-forward game similar to Flatspace. Only online.

I woulda played some more of it, but I want to try out some online GTL.

Anyone else try this?
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Nobody tried it?

I landed on a planet that I was forewarned not too......and was promptly lit up in about 3 seconds :o
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Huw the Poo

Post by Huw the Poo »

Hey, looks intriguing! If I can get it to run on Linux I will definitely try it.
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

Yes, it does look interesting. Too interesting, earthlings! I will have to destroy your puny planet when I have the time. (Translation: I'd play it if I only had more time. Though I'm not adverse to reading other people's adventures and opinions on the game.)

For now, I just bookmarked it for future reference.
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

I had fun with this game for a while, but unfortunately it didn't hold my interest for a really long time.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Veloxi, care to elaborate?

What about it got old?
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Sorry, I don't know if I delved into all the game has to offer (I think you can buy stuff on planets, for example), but I found it got repetitive after a while. I love the idea, though. I should try it again to see if they've improved it.
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Started playing this last night. It's a nice free multiplayer space game. Reminds me a lot of the old Space RPG's (Forget name at the moment)