2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

rFactor 1081 beta patch out

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Chesspieceface

rFactor 1081 beta patch out

Post by Chesspieceface »

ISI has released a test of the new Stock Car rules. Downloading now should be pretty sweet.

EDIT: Looks like Superkart 2.0 just released as well. and watch for rfstockcars 0.95 very soon. :)
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Alan_Bernardo

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

I like this release more than the last community release, that's for sure.

Boy, with all this stuff, it's hard now to decide: will it be GTL or rFactor.

Alanb
mori

Post by mori »

GTL entertained me for a bit but I'm back with rFactor for the most part. My ACT Labs controllers just does not like GTL for some reason. I'm not a big open wheel fan so I haven't found the recent rFactor mods (except PCC) much to my taste but I am impressed with what has been released to date.
magic

Post by magic »

ultimately, for me, it's rFactor. The OW mods are nuts. The PCC mod is nuts. GTL is a nice side game for some historic lapping, but rFactor is where it's at for me.
Alan_Bernardo

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

Well, then, we can try some online with rFactor and we'll let GTL go for a bit. :)

I can still run a server any time.

Post to the multiplayer forum if you guys want to race some rFactor and I'll set up a server.

Alanb
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

rFactor may turn out to be as great a single purchase value as half-life was. Perhaps greater. Its really a pleausre to play online and in general. Im liking the contest aspect of the GTL career mode, and having set goals and such. But rFactor is in fact the better racing platform.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Alan_Bernardo

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

Slide on over to the Multiplayer forums. I have a server online running the latest NSCRS mod with old and new ovals.

Details there.

Alanb
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

I'm not an online racer at all and I have no interest in it. How's the condition of the current AI in rFactor? Is it still worth the purchase price for offline racing?
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
mori

Post by mori »

The AI is still a disappointment. It doesn't run you over anymore but now they don't pass either.
magic

Post by magic »

mori wrote:The AI is still a disappointment. It doesn't run you over anymore but now they don't pass either.
it does if you turn the aggressiveness all the way up in the menus. I run the AI at 105% with full aggression and have some great battles.

Either way, it's worth the $40 just for the sheer number of mods available, and the different kinds of racing it offers. Open wheel F1, GP2, F3; GT cars, touring cars (various classes), the Porsche Cup mod, Stock car racing, go karts, lawnmower racing (yes, really). For $40 you'd be hard pressed to do better.

Every time ISI releases a new patch, they add more and more to the feature list - and coming soon are two new tracks (the Euro-Ring in Hungary, and a fictional Lienz Festival of speed track)

The Lienz track looks... amazing. http://lienzfestival.org/

Check out the "tracks" tab and the screenies.

When the Lienz track comes out, we'll also have two more car classes being released, too - the cars in those screens are the cars being released.

As someone mentioned in another rF thread regarding the worry of ISI just leaving rF to do something else... not gonna happen. The first 6 months of rF's release have been nuts.
mori

Post by mori »

For some reason I was under the impression not to run the aggressiveness up very high. I will have to play around with it some more.

The Lienz track does look amazing. I only saw some compact rally looking cars. What is the other class?