THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

A Force More Powerful

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Clay

A Force More Powerful

Post by Clay »

For anybody interested in an alternative gaming experience... Breakaway developed a game about non-violent conflict strategy, called A Force More Powerful. I just received mine in the mail. It's only $20. Check it out here:

http://afmpgame.com/
tgb

Post by tgb »

A computer game about non-violent resistance? Cool. Lots of sitting, I would imagine :)
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Naive bleeding heart liberals! :)
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Heh, and there's something I agree with Grifman about :o
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Could be interesting. Is there a demo? Didn't see one on the site.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

I knew that game title rung a bell when i saw it, and then I remembered that I heard about this on Chicago Public Radio a few months back, they did an interview with one of the developers. It sounded really neat. For 20 I'm tempted to check it out.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I was prepared to snark on it as a bunch of new-age hippy nonsense, but the more I read about it the more intrigued I became as it looks truly unque. Any guinea pigs out there?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
J. Lutes

Post by J. Lutes »

Aren't these the guys that gave us the Tropico sequel? And including some of the folks from Frog City? I guess I can Google up an answer to that.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Breakaway also did the Cleopatra expansion for Pharaoh.

They were the lead team on the Ancient China city-builder, iirc, too. Can't remember whether Zeus was farmed out or not.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
tgb

Post by tgb »

I thought the Tropico sequel was by Sparky and the rest of those guys. What ever happened to their movie monster game, anyway?

I read a little bit of the tutorial (the manual is on line in a .pdf format), and it reminded me very much of Republic:The Revolution. That may not be a good thing.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

The important question is: can you do naked protests? :lol: